Close to crash, log in iPad lost. Flightdata from Spark?
810 9 2018-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 500597 ft
Sweden

At the end of a 10 minute fligt, during landing, only 2m away from me (and very close to RTH position), Sparks suddenly starts slowly drifting, instead of a stay in locked position in air. I raised the Spark to 5m from ground and tried to get control of the drifting Spark. BUT then, by itself Sparks went up and away in direction to the sea (away from the RTH) in full speed (50km/h). I tried to turn it back to land and succeded doing that, but it still runs in full speed.
I saw some bushes and trees on the land and desides to steer my Spark in this direction and I tried to pull it down from 20m in the air to a crash in the bushes.
Suddenly I lost all connection to my Spark, so I thought it had crashed, maybe 100m away from me, in the bushes.
I start walking in the direction for the crash.
After 1 minute, I see my Spark moving in the air, heading for the RTH position, I assume.
I grab my RC controller and pressed pause, and pulled it down from the sky and made a safe landing on the ground.
Puh! That’s was really close!

When I got home I started my iPad to see what has happend during the flight, but this flight was compleatly lost on the iPad. I can download pictures taken during this flight, BUT no flightdata were saved in ”DJI GO 4”. Is there any way to recover data from Spark to see whats happend?

During this flight windspeed was 4-5m/s (data from my sailingboat).
2018-7-6
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

I have now used DJI Assistant to download Black box data from Spark. But I still have any way for understand this data... Is there any software that could analyse Spark Black box data?
2018-7-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Thomas,

What a story, guess your hartbeat was extremely high!
Bit happy that you still have your Spark.

On android you can find the flightlog using an file explorer
in the map root/DJI / DJI go v4 / Flightrecord / *.*

Guess it must be more like the same at a IOS device.

If you find up please upload and share the link on this forum.

cheers
JJB

2018-7-7
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Theoritically you should not see a flight log becos during fly aways , there is no communication between SPARK and RC !!
2018-7-7
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

S.J Posted at 2018-7-7 02:26
Theoritically you should not see a flight log becos during fly aways , there is no communication between SPARK and RC !!

The log files on the DJI GO 4 stores the data that the RC and app measures. So if AC is lost the logs will be there. But in this case they were lost...
But as I found AC I also have the black box data, but it seems that this data can only be read by DJI.
2018-7-7
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

S.J Posted at 2018-7-7 02:26

The log files on the DJI GO 4 stores the data that the RC and app measures. So if AC is lost the logs will be there. But in this case they were lost...
But as I found AC I also have the black box data, but it seems that this data can only be read by DJI.
2018-7-7
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-7 02:02
Hi Thomas,

Thanks, JJBspark, for helping me. I appreasiate that!

Yes my hearbeat was first high, then after I thought AC has crashed, I walked with heavy sad steps towards the craching point. BUT when I saw my Spark moving above me, I felt happy again!

I have now connected to iTunes directly to the iPad, but still no data from my last flight. I only see the previous very short flight... (both in iTunes and in the DJI GO 4 app).
The first flight (short) flight was a misstake. I thought the batteries were fully loaded via USB, overnight. But it was just 3 min left. I didn’t see that before aircraft was in the air. So I immidately took down the AC, switched battery and up in the air again.
I had some 10 minutes flight, before I wanted to take the AC down, then 2m away from me the problems started... (described above)

Acording to how you answer, I assume that you ca  n analyse flightlogs (with your software) from the DJI GO 4 app, but not the black box data? Correct? Is it only DJI that could read this data?

2018-7-7
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-7 02:02
Hi Thomas,

Yes my hearbeat was first high, then after I thought AC has crashed, I walked with heavy sad steps towards the craching point. BUT when I saw my Spark moving above me, I felt happy again!

I have now connected to iTunes directly to the iPad, but still no data from my last flight. I only see the previous very short flight... (both in iTunes and in the DJI GO 4 app).
The first flight (short) flight was a misstake. I thought the batteries were fully loaded via USB, overnight. But it was just 3 min left. I didn’t see that before aircraft was in the air. So I immidately took down the AC, switched battery and up in the air again.
I had some 10 minutes flight, before I wanted to take the AC down, then 2m away from me the problems started... (described above)

Acording to how you answer, I assume that you ca  n analyse flightlogs (with your software) from the DJI GO 4 app, but not the black box data? Correct? Is it only DJI that could read this data?

2018-7-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-7-7 03:49

Hi Thomas,

My software uses the flightrecord.txt, but some other programa can read dat files.
Ofcourse i do not know if not-DJI-programs can read all values...

Really strange that you are missing that last file, when the connection gets lost the file stops being updated ofcourse. And sometimes only the video link is broken but data is still being written. You did recover the craft using your RC, so or only the video link was broken or the whole connection wich was restored on the way back home.In the last case i think that there are 2 logs for this flight.

I am not familiar with ITunes, doesn`t have your device a file explorer to search manually?

if you like make a link to the *dat file of your last flight.

cheers
JJB
2018-7-7
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-7 04:39
Hi Thomas,

My software uses the flightrecord.txt, but some other programa can read dat files.

Hi again JJB!

This is actually from iTunes/app and it looks like to have the correct date and time for my last flight. I zipped the two *.dat files. I think the first one is the correct, but it could be the second.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvkjrc ... ghtRecords.zip?dl=0

Or was it black box data you asked me  to send?

Cheers Thomas
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules