Bad connection video downlink phantrom 4
2076 35 2018-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

Hi there  I' ve tried eveything old firmware , new firmware, factory default, reconnect remote to drone ,  reinstal ipad and than  dji go 4 software, ik keep getting distorsion in de vieuw of my screen on the ipad, even when te drone only is 10 meters away
And i don' t have te optie to make custom changes tot the connection, its on auto and te  ico custom is visible but when you push it, it doesnt do anything

Hope my englisch is good enough I' m dutch

Thank you for any help
2018-7-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Which ipad are you using?
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are experiencing troubles on your device. May we ask which version of the iPad are you using? And also distortion may may be visible if your iPad has a mobile data connection capability. Also another that you can try is to download the app thru an android device and see what happens. If in any case it works on the android device, completely delete the app. Then uninstall and reinstall again the app from the iPad. Hope this helps.
2018-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

If you're using latest V02.00.0700 firmware on P4 then the RC firmware needs to be at V1.9.3.

With all connected and powered up the firmware builds can be seen in 'About' in 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4.

If RC needs updating then try the following :-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 (V4.2.16 and above) and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a minute or two to appear). When it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.
2018-7-6
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-6 05:27
If you're using latest V02.00.0700 firmware on P4 then the RC firmware needs to be at V1.9.3.

With all connected and powered up the firmware builds can be seen in 'About' in 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go 4.

Same trouble with android on galaxy s7, remote is  already with  firmware v1.9.3 and phantom on v02.00.0700 firmware, tried older firmware for  the phantom , same problem
Is' t it strange that i cant use the custom settings for the connection either on the ipad or samsung, in that case i could trij  to use less MB/s for the connection, i read something about that helping
2018-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-6 11:03
Same trouble with android on galaxy s7, remote is  already with  firmware v1.9.3 and phantom on v02.00.0700 firmware, tried older firmware for  the phantom , same problem
Is' t it strange that i cant use the custom settings for the connection either on the ipad or samsung, in that case i could trij  to use less MB/s for the connection, i read something about that helping

You could try enabling 'developer mode' on the S7 and try setting the USB protocol to 'MTP', that used to make a difference on my Nexus 7 (now retired).
2018-7-6
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

Nothing helps, i went to a open field and also bad connection there, and the recorded video is also not stable  ( not 4 k ), the gimbal works fine bod the image stutters  ( hold go hold go )
2018-7-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-7 03:14
Nothing helps, i went to a open field and also bad connection there, and the recorded video is also not stable  ( not 4 k ), the gimbal works fine bod the image stutters  ( hold go hold go )

As you are in Europe you cannot use the customs settings for channel selection (unless you change location on display to USA for example), I believe that European regulations do not allow fixed channel use to allow best use of available radio frequencies.

I can think of no other common factor if you have tried both aircraft with different transmitters (you could use the P4P RC to control the P4 if needed, after setting it up).

Have you flown in a different location, could it be local power plant, radio mast or suchlike causing problems ?
2018-7-7
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

I have a remote left over from a phantom 3.and somebody on a other forum told me maybe try another cable from te remote to the ipad, so 2 options to try , i'll tell you later
2018-7-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-7 22:04
I have a remote left over from a phantom 3.and somebody on a other forum told me maybe try another cable from te remote to the ipad, so 2 options to try , i'll tell you later

To my best understanding you're not going to get a P3 controller working with a P4, if it could then the P4P controller also should be of use for the P3 and ain't. But well i keep get surprised in this world of DJI stuff so why not.

What is the model of your controller?
2018-7-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 03:47
To my best understanding you're not going to get a P3 controller working with a P4, if it could then the P4P controller also should be of use for the P3 and ain't. But well i keep get surprised in this world of DJI stuff so why not.

What is the model of your controller?

The P3A & P3P used same GL300C RC as the P4, and when there was only the P4 some had successfully used these. With new firmware etc I do not know if that would now work. It was never officially recognised by DJI. There is a setting in DJI Go 4 when working with P4P RC that allows the RC to control the P4 as an option.
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-8 04:39
The P3A & P3P used same GL300C RC as the P4, and when there was only the P4 some had successfully used these. With new firmware etc I do not know if that would now work. It was never officially recognised by DJI. There is a setting in DJI Go 4 when working with P4P RC that allows the RC to control the P4 as an option.

Thank you, quite interesting because if the same RC could be used for P3 and P4 then it should be possible the other way too and as you say the 4 Pro RC can also be used for P4 & P4A and thereby theoretical also the P3(P).
GL300E (+RC) also has the option for being used on P4 so again theoretical would be compatible for P3(P) in case the Go before 4 would recognize the RC when being run on the builtin device.
No need for someone with several models to be bored during winter and bad weather seasons.
2018-7-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 05:16
Thank you, quite interesting because if the same RC could be used for P3 and P4 then it should be possible the other way too and as you say the 4 Pro RC can also be used for P4 & P4A and thereby theoretical also the P3(P).
GL300E (+RC) also has the option for being used on P4 so again theoretical would be compatible for P3(P) in case the Go before 4 would recognize the RC when being run on the builtin device.
No need for someone with several models to be bored during winter and bad weather seasons.

"No need for someone with several models to be bored during winter and bad weather seasons. "

Now if somebody could donate a P4P I would be happy to test the theories (and a P3P, I got rid of it over two years ago) :-)
2018-7-8
Use props
Jos1973
lvl.2
Netherlands

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-7 22:04

Had the same problem,i had change the hd transmission from auto to manual, lower bitrate and manual chanel change.
20180627_155639.jpg
2018-7-8
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

Hi Jos, i want to do that but  i do not have the custom option, its blocked in europe and i don' t know how to change that unfortunately
2018-7-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It’s frustrating to not have a decent reply for you...

I hope that a fix can be found though and soon. Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-8
Use props
Jos1973
lvl.2
Netherlands

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-8 22:40
Hi Jos, i want to do that but  i do not have the custom option, its blocked in europe and i don' t know how to change that unfortunately

Please reply on my persenal message,I am Dutch to and its is to diffecult for my how to explane in englisch how to change it so you can unlock the hd setting in europ version of the go app
2018-7-8
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

I tried everything , nothing helps

Now I want to reinstal the latest firmware on my controller, my guess is that someting went wrong there, saw a movie on youtube, some body did a reinstall on the remote of a phantom 4 pro ( with the bin file ), he had the same troubles and solved them, only that remote has a small microcard reader, something mine doesn' t have

Who can help

The firmwarew of the pantom is easy to upgrade or downgrade, but for the remote it' s different

DJI should start a repair service through internet, tell your problem and they solve it on distance  :-)
2018-7-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-8 22:40

I hinted in post number 8 that manual selection becomes available in DJI Go 4 if you change the location of your device to USA. With latest iOS this seems a difficult task with change of different payment methods for iTunes store etc being involved. Perhaps not worth it now.

But auto channel select should be providing the best channels, it will automatically reselect channel if there's too much noise.

Edit:- I mus've had a brainstorm yesterday, the region can be easily changed to USA if you want to play with channel sellection:-

Go into 'Settings' / 'General' / 'Language & Region' / 'Region' and sellect country of choice, USA works for custom sellection of channels.
2018-7-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-10 23:41
I tried everything , nothing helps

Now I want to reinstal the latest firmware on my controller, my guess is that someting went wrong there, saw a movie on youtube, some body did a reinstall on the remote of a phantom 4 pro ( with the bin file ), he had the same troubles and solved them, only that remote has a small microcard reader, something mine doesn' t have

If you want to refresh your P4 RC try the following, this will allow you to roll back to V1.6 and after that you should be able to check for and update to V1.9.3 via 'Aircraft Status' in DJI Go 4.

How to roll back to V1.6:-

Connect display device (with good wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft stays off).

Run DJI Go 4 V4.2.22, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see three lines. Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware (you may have to select V1.6 in the roll down menu, some reports of problems with V1.8 not downloading). Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.

If you reboot RC & Display DJI Go will likely prompt you to upgrade RC via 'Aircraft Status' menu. That's assuming you were at an earlier version.
2018-7-11
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

Thanx for your advice, the rollback to 1.6  works but when i link the remote to te aircraft the connection stays for 5 seconds and then its gone, it comes back and then its gone again
Best thing to do now go back to 1.93 hoping the error is gon or try to work with 1.6 , in that case the connection problem has to  be solved ?
2018-7-11
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

however it say disconnected it reacts tot stick input like starting the engines, but no vision at all
In the precise safe database update are ther any important things besides restricted area etc, i am not doing them because i'm near a smal airport, stil 15 km away
2018-7-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-11 01:51
Thanx for your advice, the rollback to 1.6  works but when i link the remote to te aircraft the connection stays for 5 seconds and then its gone, it comes back and then its gone again
Best thing to do now go back to 1.93 hoping the error is gon or try to work with 1.6 , in that case the connection problem has to  be solved ?

You will need to update to V1.9.3, V1.6 will not work with latest P4 firmware V02.00.0700.
2018-7-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-11 01:54
however it say disconnected it reacts tot stick input like starting the engines, but no vision at all
In the precise safe database update are ther any important things besides restricted area etc, i am not doing them because i'm near a smal airport, stil 15 km away

I would update all files, they might also remove incorrect restrictions, And 15km from airport should be more than enough I would think. Most of DJIs class D airspace is a 5km circle. Even class D should not stop you from flying after ticking a box accepting responsibility. But you need to make yourself aware of local laws & flight restrictions.
2018-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-11 01:54

I must've had a brainstorm yesterday, the region can be easily changed to USA if you want to play with channel selection:-

Go into 'Settings' / 'General' / 'Language & Region' / 'Region' and select country of choice, USA works for custom selection of channels.
2018-7-12
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

I' ll update everything, firmware is refreshed , gonna try tonight when  the suns is shining  a little less

The custom options for connections has been tried , but it did not have  a positive effect, so put it back on auto
2018-7-12
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

Some improvement, the green irritating screens seem to be gone for more than 90 %,   but i still lose connection sometimes, only a second or so. biut had a first nice flight though
Strangely when i go into special flight, point of interest the connection inmidiately goes very very bad, so bad i don' t wanna do it

Tomorrow another day :-)
2018-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-12 13:58
Some improvement, the green irritating screens seem to be gone for more than 90 %,   but i still lose connection sometimes, only a second or so. biut had a first nice flight though
Strangely when i go into special flight, point of interest the connection inmidiately goes very very bad, so bad i don' t wanna do it

"Strangely when i go into special flight, point of interest the connection inmidiately goes very very bad,"

I've read a similar report recently, but in that case I believe the latest DJI Go version resolved the problem for them . You are on latest DJI Go 4 ? (V4.2.22 for iOS).
2018-7-12
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

Yes  I am on 4.2.22

It' s a bit tiring, one problem seems to be solved, or al least  it; s much better, now the next problem

Few day' s back  POI worked just ( fine )  apart from the nasty green screens  but I did not lose connection and had no black screens

DJI should really have a online service of connecting your drone and remote  to the computer so that they can check it remotely ( idea DJI  guy' s ?? )
2018-7-12
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

https://nolimitdronez.com  something I found

as it seams the signal strenght of the connection is about a third of te  DJI Drones outside europe

They say the following

Quote : Force the use of FCC mode for longer range in EC limited countries/regions.

FCC mode will triple the signal strength and allow for longer range and higher video bandwidth

anyone used there software, or maybe there is an other way to improve signal strenght

Breathing  is still free in europe the rest you have to pay for, or is restricted
2018-7-12
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

made a 1.5 km flight today without any green screens or signal lose, so the problem seems to be solved solved, my guess is the downgrade of the remote and later the upgrade again have solved it.

Tomorrow I'll go an try POI again,  hoping this wil work better now to
2018-7-14
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

Until now i made some 1500 meter flights, going well but stil when i go to point of interest the green nagging screens come back,  not able to do a flight
2018-7-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-22 22:56
Until now i made some 1500 meter flights, going well but stil when i go to point of interest the green nagging screens come back,  not able to do a flight

All seems good on the transmission side of things, and I believe the POI problem that you've seen is known to quite a number. And it most likely is (if not fixed on latest build) related to the DJI Go 4 App'.
2018-7-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-12 21:07
https://nolimitdronez.com  something I found

as it seams the signal strenght of the connection is about a third of te  DJI Drones outside europe

Flying to the European settings should not cause you any problems. To fly beyond your current range would likely be tempting fate in terms of battery performance and weather.

Which iPad are you using ?
2018-7-23
Use props
Wanninkhof
lvl.2

Its an Ipad 3 mini, well i better not use POI until the next app update than

I whis they did more testing before releasing an update

I wanna get rid of the height limit but I guess thats not open for discussion here on the DJI forum :-(
2018-7-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Wanninkhof Posted at 2018-7-23 03:43
Its an Ipad 3 mini, well i better not use POI until the next app update than

I whis they did more testing before releasing an update

"I wanna get rid of the height limit but I guess thats not open for discussion here on the DJI forum :-("

Probably not wise to fly beyond the recommendations of the Dutch Aviation Authorities.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules