DJI Go 4 stuck at 53% when unpacking resource file
1569 5 2018-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThomasD
lvl.2

Hello everyone,

Every time I start the DJI Go App under Lineage Os 15.1 (Oreo 8.1) the app freezes at exactly 53% when unpacking the resource file. Cleaning the cache and re-installing the app does not change anything.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Reason for OS update: Before OS update I used Lineage Os 14.1 (Nougat 7.1). Under that system the app started fine, however the Wifi connection to the RC was horrible, so no chance to fly as well.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device you are using and DJI Go 4 app version?
2018-7-6
Use props
ThomasD
lvl.2

I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. Yes, it is already quite old, but everything else works well.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, Thank you for the information. Can you try a different mobile device on your DJI Spark, please? There could be a problem with compatibility that is why you are having issues with the DJI Go 4. The Samsung S5 mini is not on the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark. For reference, I will post the list of recommended devices for the DJI Spark.

2018-7-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are you using the latest, 4.2.20?
Uninstall, try a older one, 4.2.12/14 or even 4.1.15
After check if everything works and stay with it, or update to a newer one, to the next newer one, ....
But: I think it can be the OS, Oreo!
In the meaning that since Oreo the Go4 has more problems, as under Nougat!
But: 4.1.15, even 4.2.1, both worked under Oreo. is just chrashing sometimes.
2018-7-6
Use props
ThomasD
lvl.2

Today I have tried version 4.1.15. It is the same behaviour, but it freezes at 58 % (4.2.20 was at 53 %). So there seems to be general problem when unpacking the obb file.
I've seen that there are two folders inside of the obb file: "external" and "internal". The content of "external" can be found in /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4. But where can I manually extract the content of the "internal" folder?

By the way: Go v4 4.2.20 works well on my Galaxy Tab A. But in my opinion it is too big, so no option to use it instead of the phone.
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules