Spark fell from sky into the LAKE and is gone forever
1052 8 2018-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4cf64f90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 476243 ft

My question is with not having my Spark (it's in the bottom of the lake)  can I open a ticket ???  I do have the care refresh warranty, just don't have the drone.

I was in the air for 1 minute forty seconds and hit the RTH and it just went down into the water and sunk.  What are my options???  Do I have any options ?????

This is a very sad day for me, any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm trying to get flight record off the phone.  will update when this happens.
2018-7-6
Use props
Jenda_cz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234272 ft
Czechia

Hello, just take a look at this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D436%26typeid%3D436 I think AC was within 20 m, with Return at current altitude unchecked
2018-7-6
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

If you know where it sunk, why don't you grab some Goggle and Dive for it ?

I am sorry for your loss Buddy, everyone does mistakes.

If I was you I would then open a Ticket with DJI as Pilot Error is Covered but you need to recover the drone first.

2018-7-6
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

This could have saved you -

2018-7-6
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192920 ft
United States

I'm in the process of fetching my drone out of a pond next to my house. Unfortunately for me, my battery popped out mid-flight! I've already submitted a ticket and I'll see what happens from there. I heard that batteries popping out of the Drone has been an issue. So hopefully if I can send my flight data and retrieve my drone maybe something can happen. Another thing that's really frustrating is that I submitted a video to DJI for the DJI Care product and was denied because my drone didn't get as far as they wanted. Wednesday was a very disappointing day for me....
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're so sorry to read your post. Currently, the flyaway/loss is not covered by the DJI Care Refresh. If the unit is still under warranty period, you may contact our support to start a case: https://www.dji.com/support We'll offer you a proper solution according to the data analysis result.
2018-7-7
Use props
LadyDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5131 ft
United States

First - I am so sorry about the loss of your drone.  I know I would feel awful if this happened to me.  I do have some questions and comments.
2018-7-7
Use props
LadyDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5131 ft
United States

First - I am so sorry that you lost your Spark.  I know if this happened to me I would feel awful.  

I do have some questions and some comments:

Questions
1. What was the battery level when this happened?  (Critical Battery will bring drone down can not be stopped)
2. How far above the water was the drone when this happened? (I have read that downward sensor can be confused when very close to water and drones have gone into water because of this if Operator does not respond in time)
3. Did the drone go straight down or did it stop before going into the water?
4. Did you hear the return to home beep?

Comments:
I have been flying my Spark over water a lot.  I am always very nervous doing this because of the possibility of total loss of drone - no recovery. I wish the spark floated - improves chance of recovery - but it does not.  I really do not want to add snowballs to bottom of drone - With DJI refresh I would be happy if it would just stay on surface and not sink like a rock then at least I could have a chance of getting it back.  Again I am so sorry this happened - it is the very nightmare situation I worry about every time I take my Spark over water.  
2018-7-7
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft

If the spark is still under warranty, open the ticket.  It's a longshot, but DJI seems fair about calling a warranty issue a warranty issue. That would be the only way DJI would cover a lost drone.  

If the event was caused by pilot error you'll be waisting your time.  Some possible pilot errors that could have happened here are, RTH settings set to Land, Home point not set correctly or Pilot started flight before GPS acquired.  Welcome to the not so exclusive club of losing a drone, or even losing one over water.  
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules