MY PROBLEM WAS NOT RESOLVED.
1306 14 2015-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
t2how21786
New

United States

MY PROBLEM WAS NOT RESOLVED.
you received my Phantom on April 9th it has been 6 weeks without any updates, so I get to call and sit on hold for 30 minutes to have someone tell me nothing. and that I have to wait for an email from DJI Logistics.

Wow very disappointed with the short response with no answer or help from DJI

Tim Hower

2015-5-19
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Hate to tell you but it is not very likely that you will get a direct response from DJI on your issue by posting in the forum.
2015-5-19
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

T2,

It shouldn't be this way but it is. Once I buy a DJI product I know that I'm on my own other than the help I can get on this forum. Personally, I'd throw my stuff in the trash before I'd send it in to DJI (again, I said "personally", so don't jump my @ss). There will be many alternatives soon. Hopefully, some of them will concentrate on support after the sale. Sales with no support = death, sales with after sales support = more future sales. Seems to be a no brainer to me but I could just be an idiot. If I had enough capital, I'd do it myself. Sorry for your woes and I hope you get them resolved soon. In the meantime, there are people here willing to help.

Jerry
2015-5-19
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

you are not alone.  DJI has great products when they work and horrible communication and service when they don't.  They could hire 20, 50, 100  extra people and clear  the backlog if they wanted to.
2015-5-19
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Unfotrunately what we are seeing is a  wiide culture gap.  Like HermosaDrones stated,  your not alone.  There are a lot great guys on this forum that know these birds.   You can find a lot of help here.  JtJr_Droner is 100%  correct.  If you are inclined to DIY at all.   Seek advice here first.   Lets face it.  Yeah ,it can be frustrating doing it yourself but you always know what is right or wrong with it, and it's only a room or two away.  I have a friend that purchased the top of the line Inspire package.  He has 5 flights and one 5 minute video.   IMU failed,  bird hit tree.  Sent back to DJI TWICE and it is still grounded at his house due to missing screws at the gimbal plate.  My point is even if you send it back to them it can still arrive back at your house as a paperweight.    My friend has owned his for 4 months.  $4000.00 5 flights and one 5 minute video.  His inspire has never even been in the sky long enough to drain 1 battery.               
2015-5-19
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-19
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I had an issue that required me to RMA my machine after talking to tech support. The support was good and I was only on hold for 20 minutes in the queue . One I sent my Phantom back then the wait began it took over 9 weeks for me to get it back. Slow service. But I did get it back and it was repaired. The support I'ds there but not like we are use to. Just be patient. Thought to do that with so may $$$$$ at stake.
2015-5-20
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Axeman I'm with you about it looking like they don't care.   This company has caused a lot of the male customer base to be able to directly relate to our female one night stands of the teen years.  
2015-5-20
Use props
pb05life
lvl.2

United States

are there any dedicated US repair centers? I am thinking there should be one. That is the stuff I have done my whole life is repair specialty custom equipment. It is what I do now for a very large company
2015-5-20
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-5-20 02:55
Hate to tell you but it is not very likely that you will get a direct response from DJI on your issu ...

It's unlikely he'll get a response full stop from DJI...
2015-5-20
Use props
JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-20 03:59
T2,

It shouldn't be this way but it is. Once I buy a DJI product I know that I'm on my own other th ...

You are right, support after sales "should" lead to future sales... no brainer... but this is a very successful company now and the faulty units are but a fraction compared to the success stories out there... big boys like DJI don't care about you, customer service is for companies that have five customers that they need to keep.
Also.. in their defense... if you can't prove that the pilot was not in error during the fatal flight, how could they give you anything back?.. that's not bad customer service, that's business... i'm sure that at least 50% of the complaints of "my drone just fell out of the sky" are pilot error and they're just taking a shot at getting a new UAV from a sucker company.
Unfortunately Jtrjr- droner is right when you buy a product from DJI you get what you get if you want anything else you'll have to post a thread on here and hope someone has got the answer for you or fight through DJI's automated Zandesk to finally get to a real human that doesn't speak English and is trained to frustrate you to the point of blood thirsty rage, then give you a different email address to inquire about your concern only to send a follow up email asking if you were satisfied with your customer service (good luck with that)
2015-5-20
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

DJI do monitor this forum so im hopeful you will receive some help here soon.
2015-5-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you think that DJI does not care then you are wrong.  We are adding employees daily.  Once you add them you have to train them, that part takes some time.  I assume that when you get someone on the phone that you expect them to be competent.  So do we.  There are many Phantom service centers in the US and around the world.  The issue is that they cannot do warranty service.  We took that back because of abuses by the dealer network.  Now all warranty repairs have to be done by DJI.  
2015-6-1
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

What was the issue?
2015-6-1
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft