Just completed my first flight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

Ater waiting 5 weeks for my P3A it arrived yesterday. I set it up, charged everything and re-read/reviewed some last minute notes, posts and watched videos.
I was extremely nervous because I've read a lot of disaster stories for over a month. However, I now had this beauty in my hands and decided to get it in the air, for better or worse. If it flew away, crashed or some other mishap, that would be the end of my drone days and head back to the Golf course for a less aggravating past time. Then head to the 19th hole.
Well, here goes, armed the motors, pressed auto take off and there it happened, a flawless ascent to about 3 feet. It's if I just crossed the English channel in a hang-glider!! It felt wonderful. So I went a little higher and a little more distance........it worked!! I let it hover here and there for about 5-7 minutes each time.
Finally, I decided the heart just can't take more more and navigated it back to the landing pad. I landed and shut everything down.

This bird is everything and better than all the GOOD reports I've read. I have no regrets being one of the first buyers (pre-ordered customer) and now look forward to hours of unequal enjoyment with this baby. The vids and still shots were crisp/clear and breathtaking. The video on my iPad was perfect and did not break up or flicker.
I sold my P2V+ a month ago, which was also a great machine with zero problems.

My advice to those waiting or deciding to get a P3: Be careful, go slow and follow the owner's manual. Don't take short cuts and don't be in a hurry.
For those who seem to be have varied of issues, I just hope it is attributed to pilot error.

Good luck and smooth flying.
2015-5-19
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

I totally agree. I had a F550, and with all the cool features the P3 has I'm so glad I made the switch. Luckily, I haven't had any problems. This thing flies like a gem!
2015-5-19
Use props
joonyberry
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sounds just about as good as it gets, well done, I will keep an eye open for you over the channel, I know just how you feels and hope lots more experience that sensation that has been made available to us with the evolving technical  achievements that I never dreamed I would see or experience in my life time even as an ex hang glider pilot and glider pilot and RC flyer for more years than i care to mention.
Cheers from across the Channel!
2015-5-19
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

joonyberry Posted at 2015-5-20 03:58
Sounds just about as good as it gets, well done, I will keep an eye open for you over the channel, I ...

You know the Atlantic isn't the Channel right?
2015-5-19
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

joonyberry Posted at 2015-5-20 03:58
Sounds just about as good as it gets, well done, I will keep an eye open for you over the channel, I ...

Thanks Mate!
2015-5-19
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

Oliver Posted at 2015-5-20 04:49
You know the Atlantic isn't the Channel right?

Yes Oliver, I did not mean literally. However, I hope you enjoyed my comments in the context I meant them to be.
2015-5-19
Use props
challenger451
lvl.2

United States

I absolutely know the "heart in the throat feeling."  I confess to having landed on a building next to me and had to wait overnight to get it down.  Even thought it says it is easy to fly out of the box, there is a learning curve to being a "Phantom pilot".  
One thing that threw me off was the reference point of the drone to me.  Once I rotated it I got lost as to what was forward, left, right, and backwards.  I have slowly figured that out.  I have decided that altitude is safety for making mistakes.
Everything is still in one piece and that is the good news.  I shot this one on a fishing trip this past weekend with some buddies.  You can see us at the last of the video. You will notice at the end that I flipped the phantom 3 over when I turned it off.  I evidently pushed both throttles down rather than just the left one.   I've still got a lot to learn but taking my time and flying everytime in open spaces to I know I have the hang of it.  I do love the video quality.

2015-5-19
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

PublicRealtor@g Posted at 2015-5-20 05:17
Yes Oliver, I did not mean literally. However, I hope you enjoyed my comments in the context I mea ...

I was responding to joonyberry and of course I'm just kidding around. Anyway thanks for sharing your experience, I'm looking forward to the arrival of mine soon!
2015-5-19
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I took me awhile to see on the left bottom of the app , you can see where the p3 is in relation to you , its direction ,  a line back to you , etc ... Helps major and YES I always use the left stick for landing ... Nice Video
2015-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules