Spark In Water Battery Returned Fixed?
933 9 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cantflyalick
lvl.2

United States

Do you guys know if DJI has a policy when returning drones? I sent my spark in with the battery. It had been sitting at the bottom of a lake for about two hours. I applied for a free spark based on erratic movements, but was denied. I also denied repair because a new spark was cheaper than their quote.

I then received the spark back, and the battery seems to turn on, which it would not when I sent it in.

I don't seem to have any documentation of what they did, if anything. Can I assume they fixed or replaced the battery? The battery came back with a sticker on it saying "charge for first use"... "press twice to turn on".
I do not have my controller or propellers right now, but heck i might even try to start up the drone itself.

Thanks.

2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, Thank you for raising this concern. Do you have the serial number of the battery that you have sent to DJI? We need to compare that serial number if it is the same with the serial number of the battery that you have right now. To know if the battery that you receive is the same.
2018-7-8
Use props
cantflyalick
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-8 10:24
Hi, Thank you for raising this concern. Do you have the serial number of the battery that you have sent to DJI? We need to compare that serial number if it is the same with the serial number of the battery that you have right now. To know if the battery that you receive is the same.

Thank you. I don't believe I have that unfortunately, unless it is stated somewhere other than the battery itself.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you. Just a reminder before you run a test flight on the Drone please check the pre-flight checklist and don't fly the Drone too high or too far at first to check the battery condition for safety purposes.
2018-7-8
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Welldone, for the New Replacement.

Fly Safe.

2018-7-8
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

IF you have a spark to try the battery in, try it over grass at low level. If its the same battery from the water, its doubtful its any good. I assume they sent back the spark you sent in without replacement or repairs?
Submersion is hard to recover from, requiring days of low humidity storage. Batteries are usually toast.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on your post, I failed to get your case number via the Forum account, may I have your previous case number so that we can check if the battery was replaced? Besides, may I have a picture of the battery with a sticker as well? Thank you.
2018-7-8
Use props
cantflyalick
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-8 18:39
Sorry to read on your post, I failed to get your case number via the Forum account, may I have your previous case number so that we can check if the battery was replaced? Besides, may I have a picture of the battery with a sticker as well? Thank you.

Thank you for the help. Here is the case number, I think it is ok to post publicly... (sent via pm)

And I will attach photos of the battery.

I think the spark unit you sent back was the unrepaired spark that went into the water, correct?

Thank you!
2018-7-9
Use props
cantflyalick
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-8 18:39

I tried to pm case number to you but I could not get it to work. Maybe later.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cantflyalick Posted at 2018-7-9 12:24
I tried to pm case number to you but I could not get it to work. Maybe later.

Hi there, Mindy is not online for now. If it is convenient, please also PM me, I'd like to check the exact status and see whether I can help.
2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules