1124 17 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grguthrie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3593 ft
United States

I am just getting started,
and flew a few small tests around home, witihin about 4-500 feet (50' height).

Last time, when I hit RTH, it said, "home point is very far away....", so I cancelled.

I have only flown it form one place, and it was only about 50' away at the time.

Any ideas why this woudl happen?

I was trying to download flight logs, and installed Assistant, but it says - connect Inspire-2 - ???

Now I see th atperhaps I don't use Assistant with MAir?

2018-7-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Before each and every takeoff make sure your home point is set.
Meaning do not takeoff before having enough satellites. If the homepoint was far away you didn't't have
enough before takeoff so the homepoint was set during flight.
2018-7-8
Use props
grguthrie
lvl.2
United States

Thanks.
I have only flown it 4-5 times, always from the same place takeoff, and before it did RTH properly. And never flown it more than 40-50 feet away.

The GPS on the display screen had 4-5 bars, so I thought that was good enough?

I will try to learn how to download the flight log, to see if there is anything interesting there (and to learn how to do it).

I thought that with auto-takeoff, it would always reset RTH point at that location.
2018-7-8
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

grguthrie Posted at 2018-7-8 17:12
Thanks.
I have only flown it 4-5 times, always from the same place takeoff, and before it did RTH properly. And never flown it more than 40-50 feet away.

Use this Phantomhelp link to upload your flight log and post back link to it.
2018-7-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Thanks.
I have only flown it 4-5 times, always from the same place takeoff, and before it did RTH properly. And never flown it more than 40-50 feet away.

You need at least 9 sat for a proper RTH. Listen to your drone it says
homepoint set please check it on the map. When you hear that you know your ready to fly
2018-7-8
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Thanks.

You are not looking for bars you are looking for the number like Woe said at least 9 or more.
I look for at least 11 in my area. And also make sure the little red arrow is pointing in the direction of the drone on your screen. The more help you have the better chances you will get your drone back if it comes to that.
GOOD LUCK
Fly Safe............
2018-7-9
Use props
djiuser_CEdNxuNmFbIZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Make that 11 to be on the safe side. There are two sets of satellites and it is recommended a minimum of 6. You could and most likely will have those six if you have ten. But you might have only five and five this is why recommended 11.
2018-7-9
Use props
grguthrie
lvl.2
United States

Thanks - all of these are good learning/reminder points for me...
2018-7-9
Use props
grguthrie
lvl.2
United States

I found the flight records in the DJI-GO app, and indeed, the one that was odd, showed "no GPS", even though it was flown from the exact same spot as all the others. Re-did it  today, and all was fine, as it had been for all other flights (15 satellites).
I did a cloud-sync of logs from the app, not sure yet how to access the flight logs to send to the analysis page.
2018-7-9
Use props
El Gordo Tejano
lvl.1
United States

I am having some sort of issues with this too. I have tested this a few times.
So i set my home point. I take off, i fly it off not too far, say maybe around 50 to 80 feet away and about 30 feet in the air. Then i press the RTH button. It initiates the RTH, but the drone starts to land right where it was so i had to cancel. All this while having 11 to 12 satellites connected. Needless to say i will be doing far more testing with this before i go off to do some serious flying.
2018-7-11
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

El Gordo Tejano Posted at 2018-7-11 10:05
I am having some sort of issues with this too. I have tested this a few times.
So i set my home point. I take off, i fly it off not too far, say maybe around 50 to 80 feet away and about 30 feet in the air. Then i press the RTH button. It initiates the RTH, but the drone starts to land right where it was so i had to cancel. All this while having 11 to 12 satellites connected. Needless to say i will be doing far more testing with this before i go off to do some serious flying.

From page 15 of the manual

RTH Procedure
Smart RTH, Low Battery RTH, and Failsafe RTH follow this procedure:

1. The aircraft adjusts its orientation.
2. a. If the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point it ascends to the pre-set RTH attitude and
then flies to the Home Point.
b. If the aircraft is between 5 m and 20 m from the Home Point:
i. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is enabled (the default setting in DJI GO 4) the aircraft flies
to the Home Point at the current altitude, unless the current altitude is less than 2.5 m, in which
case the aircraft ascends to 2.5 m and then flies to the Home Point.
ii. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is disabled, the aircraft lands immediately.
c. If the aircraft is less than 5 m from the Home Point it lands immediately.
5. The aircraft lands and stops its motors once it reaches the Home Point.

You may want to doulble check that setting

2018-7-11
Use props
El Gordo Tejano
lvl.1
United States

PS013 Posted at 2018-7-11 10:31
From page 15 of the manual

RTH Procedure

Thanks, for the info, i will certainly check into all of this. But looks like the culprit is 2.C. lol
Have not really ventured too far with my MA yet. Trying to get used to it and all the controls and screens and settings before i do anything crazy.
2018-7-12
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

El Gordo Tejano Posted at 2018-7-12 10:41
Thanks, for the info, i will certainly check into all of this. But looks like the culprit is 2.C. lol
Have not really ventured too far with my MA yet. Trying to get used to it and all the controls and screens and settings before i do anything crazy.

Well, this would explain that

2018-7-12
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

I bought one of those landing pads for dirt and sandy areas, after recording the RTH my air has not once landed back on it after pushing the RTH.
2018-7-12
Use props
grguthrie
lvl.2
United States

I have only had the MA audio of "setting RTH" a few times, although I now always check for good GPS numbers. I do always launch from the same spot, is there a manual process to force set/reset of RTH?

And I am surprised at some of my flight records, where it shows 11 satellites, but no GPS ?

This is from the seconf flight (912 ft.) - why "no GPS" with 11 satellites? And why does only the top (last) one show the location by name?

MS flight record

MS flight record
MAir-f2.jpg
2018-7-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14416132 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wait for the home point to auto set and take off when you have 11 sats  
2018-7-12
Use props
grguthrie
lvl.2
United States

So you are saying, it will always set and announce, I just have to wait longer after connecting; no further action needed, and it will then happen?
2018-7-12
Use props
grguthrie
lvl.2
United States

So you are saying, it will always set and announce, I just have to wait longer after connecting; no further action needed, and it will then happen?
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules