2404 10 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stiibu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155016 ft
Switzerland

Hello DJI,
Got my Osmo Mobile 2 Last week for vacation. Running latest Firmware on it. Having iPhone X with latest iOS and App versions. Doing a Lots of Video Shorts outside in the sun. The issue i have that After a fest Minuten the Display gehts darker and darker and i almost cannot See anymore what i Record. First i thought it is the Automatik Display brithness Funktion of the iPhone X. I disabled the Automatic Display Funktion of the iPhone and moved the slider to the Max. Again After a few minutes Recording the Go App darkens the Display. Even if i then close the Go App the iOS keeps still darkend and the brightness slider of iOS Settings Shows no Funktion. I have to lock the iPhone for a While in the bag that everything will get bakck to normal. No issues when i use the phone with Otter Apps at the Pool.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience you're having right now. Did you try to reinstall the app? Can you send a sample video or picture showing the problem?
2018-7-9
Use props
stiibu
lvl.2
Switzerland

As Said i have an issue with the brightness of the screen, Not an issue with the picture or footage. I have the Impression that the DJI Go App adjusts the iPhone X brightness of the Display to Low. After a few minutes of Operation. The DJI Go App programmers should know that if that the case an should fix that behaviour.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

stiibu Posted at 2018-7-9 13:45
As Said i have an issue with the brightness of the screen, Not an issue with the picture or footage. I have the Impression that the DJI Go App adjusts the iPhone X brightness of the Display to Low. After a few minutes of Operation. The DJI Go App programmers should know that if that the case an should fix that behaviour.

I see. You may customize the brightness on the camera settings under Exposure.
2018-7-10
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you verify if the brightness setting for the iPhone has changed position. I have noticed this issue before, but if it's what I am experiencing, it's not the DJI app. My iPhone seems to limit brightness as the device gets warmer. If you are outside on a hot day, you will lose brightness as the iPhone heats up no matter what app you are using. I would check to see if this also occurs in other apps just to be sure.
2018-7-11
Use props
stiibu
lvl.2
Germany

@Tom_A: Thats indeed what I wanna know ....  After ~ 10 Minutes making movies in the sun (e.g. around the pool) with outside Temperature ~ 30°C the iphone X Display gets darker .... so dark that I almost cannot see anymore what I am recording. Of course I checked the iPhone X Display setttings... disabled the automatic adjustment and you got the point, even if I slides manually the brightness slider to MAX it keeps "dark".
This is the reason I asked wether the DJI GO App is darkening the display (because it can dark the display when doing Hyperlapse, you got the question there) OR if it is the iPhone itself because it may gets to hot. So it sounds like it is a Apple Iphone X internal mechanism turning the display down, thats not optimal since it happens already after a few minutes in the sun and then you cannot see anymore what you are recording.
2018-7-12
Use props
Senayskii
lvl.1

My 8 plus does the same thing, I think its a fail safe for when the phone gets too hot. Kind of annoying but it happens, shortly after i get the temperature warning.
2018-7-12
Use props
stiibu
lvl.2
Germany

How and where do you get / see the temperature warning ?
2018-7-12
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>

I get the same with the latest version of the app, but I think it's an iPhone "thing" if the temperature is high and I'm outdoors, the phone dims the screen after a few minutes in an attempt to keep the phone from overheating...never have the problem indoors, in the shade at all...
2018-7-13
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Mine does it even if it is not hot outside, like taking sunset timelapes... it brightens back up if i touch the screen.. so I thought it was just the phone dimming the screen from inactivity.
2018-7-13
Use props
cici
New

China

for install the microphone, video light, I suggest "Vikerer Triple Cold Shoe Mount" on Amazon
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules