Error stripes in DNG file
1425 9 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DMNK
lvl.1
Germany

Hello everybody,

I´m having issues with my latest DNG files shot on the MAVIC Pro.

Please check here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdr6x5nu5ave8ij/DJI_ERROR_2018-07-09.jpg?dl=0

As you can see there is a mysterious stripe running trough my picture.

The crazy thing is, when I first opened the file in Adobe BRIDGE there was no stripe. When I then imported the files to LIGHTROOM the stripes appeared.
So I guess it must be a software/format thing.

Did you ever experienced such an error? Can you help?

Thanks very much!

Best.
D
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi DMNK, we are sorry to hear that you have this issue. I would like to ask, are you trying to edit it via computer or mobile?
2018-7-9
Use props
DMNK
lvl.1
Germany

Hey Natalia... thx for the fast reply... I edit everything on computer with the latest versions of the Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
2018-7-9
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

The reason it doesn’t show up in Bridge is because Bridge doesn’t render the RAW data, but an embedded low res preview JPEG contained in the RAW file.

It’s data corruption alright.

Try a different microSD card, just to eliminate that possibility.
If it still happens, send the drone in for service.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DMNK Posted at 2018-7-9 08:04
Hey Natalia... thx for the fast reply... I edit everything on computer with the latest versions of the Adobe Creative Cloud programs.

I see, apparently this is caused by software incompatibility. We can definitely try another editing software as a work around. You can also try to shoot pictures under RAW file on your Mavic Pro and check if we still have this issue also try to change the SD card on your aircraft.
2018-7-9
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, since last update.  Tried using different lenses but same.  Three purple horizontal stripes, only on DNG files, not on the jpegs.
I have an inspire 2 with zenmuse X7
2018-7-28
Use props
DMNK
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-9 08:16
I see, apparently this is caused by software incompatibility. We can definitely try another editing software as a work around. You can also try to shoot pictures under RAW file on your Mavic Pro and check if we still have this issue also try to change the SD card on your aircraft.

Hey Natalia, thanks for your reply and the offer to check my file.
Can you try with your editing software if you can get rid of the error stripes?
Here is an example DNG file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwoqw9s5l7xjw78/DMNKMAVIC0047.DNG?dl=0

FYI. I tried another SD card and fortunately there are no error stripes in the pictures.
But unfortunately I depend on the pictures with the error stripes. Hopefully you can help.

Thanks in advance.

Best. DMNK
2018-8-1
Use props
DMNK
lvl.1
Germany

DMNK Posted at 2018-8-1 05:10
Here is an example DNG file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwoqw9s5l7xjw78/DMNKMAVIC0047.DNG?dl=0

Hello again everybody... Dear DJI-Team, since I´ve got no answer to my last post, I would be very thankful to read from you.

thank you very much in advance!
2018-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

PITS Paul Posted at 2018-7-28 01:11
Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, since last update.  Tried using different lenses but same.  Three purple horizontal stripes, only on DNG files, not on the jpegs.

If you can, you might post one or two examples for comparison.

When you say update, was update to Inspire 2 firmware or GO App or ????

Have you tried another SD card?  One formatted via Inspire?

2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DMNK Posted at 2018-8-1 05:10

Hello there, sorry for the late reply. However, we don't have any access to any editing software on our end. Also, can you please try to format your SD card? Make sure to use a compatible SD card to your drone to avoid this kind of issue. Thanks.
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules