How to know your real altitude above ground and not from home point
2535 4 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MowgliBear
New

South Africa

All the AGL data on DJI apps seem to be altitude above home point and not altitude above the actual ground. We are flying an XT2 on an M200 with CrystalSky and Cendence controller and need a reliable way to know our actual height above ground rather than from the home point. I have gone through the pilot app and DJI Go on the CrystalSky and have had no lock of finding any settings that can provide this info. Does anybody know of a work around, possibly through 3rd parties or on iOS? Thanks.
2018-7-9
Use props
Kiysersosae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 643041 ft
United Kingdom

I would think the easiest way would be to carry an external GPS or Garmin watch, that gives you AMSL, then do the math. I know it's not ideal but it would work I think.

To have the level above the terrain is not possible unless you have downward facing sensors that are capable of pinging the distance from your UAV to the ground. Actually, does DJI not sell the avoidance system that does this?
2018-7-10
Use props
JeandreG
New

South Africa

Kiysersosae Posted at 2018-7-10 01:39
I would think the easiest way would be to carry an external GPS or Garmin watch, that gives you AMSL, then do the math. I know it's not ideal but it would work I think.

To have the level above the terrain is not possible unless you have downward facing sensors that are capable of pinging the distance from your UAV to the ground. Actually, does DJI not sell the avoidance system that does this?

I believe the avoidance system is for low altitudes only, and this would give us height above an obstacle (e.g. tree) and not height above ground. For our purposes we need a real time system that can do actual AGL. It seems we be able to get GPS data through flight hub, if successful we could use this together with altitude data of the terrain to figure out actual AGL.

Has anyone had success with this, or know if a different method?
2018-7-10
Use props
fansec372f6c
New
Flight distance : 101532 ft
United States

your compass app in your cell phone
2019-4-10
Use props
fansec372f6c
New
Flight distance : 101532 ft