3023 16 2015-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed that the new firmware causes the landing to rais right after take off. Is there a way to turn this function off?
Firware version 1.2.1.03

The .txt file that is produced after the update has this version in the text file:
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin

Is it fair to interprit this as the firmware? It seems contridictory. maybe these are two different things, not sure.

Many thanks,
Houston

2015-5-19
Use props
1N5PIRED
New

United States

May I ask why you would want to keep the landing gear down after take off?
2015-5-19
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am just starting AGAIN, and sometime I just go for a short flight and it makes me feel better when the gear is down. Its more of a fear of having that gimbal exposed since I broke it off last time. Really jsut something I just need to get over. Just thought if there was a different mode that would prevent this then I could turn it off. But, if not, then so be it.
2015-5-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Houston,

You need to explore your app features and see where these are located now:

IMG_5668.PNG IMG_5669.PNG
2015-5-19
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

After manual take off, hover at 6 feet altitude and  flick the landing gear switch down on the remote controller.
2015-5-19
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Dundee. I will give that a try.

Rich, I am not sure what you are trying to show me in the second image. I know about "Self-Adaptive landing gear" but does that affect taking off too?
2015-5-19
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

houston Posted at 2015-5-20 13:16
Thanks Dundee. I will give that a try.

Rich, I am not sure what you are trying to show me in the s ...

Houston,

The "self adapting landing gear" feature on the app automatically raises the landing gear after takeoff and brings it down during landing. It's for people like me that can never remember to raise the landing gear. By turning that off in the app, the landing gear will operate the way I believe you want -- it will stay down after takeoff until you use the manual toggle on the remote controller to raise it (and later lower it).
2015-5-19
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Houston, not trying to sound dis respectful, but you should let go of the past and be confident that you are in full control of your aircraft. The fact that you had a bad experience should be enough of a reminder to follow flight procedure. You must be confident that you have installed the props correctly, right?
Just remember this golden rule-

Take off is optional
Landing is mandatory
And everything done before take off and during flight determines how the landing will go.
2015-5-21
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No disrespected at all Dangair. You are absolutely correct. It is one of those things I just have to get over or I should just sell it. I will get more confident as I am trying to fly every day and going a little further and higher each time. I still so envy those who fly out over water for 100's of meters. We are having floods here and there is a lake with a small dam. It would be pretty cool to flay close to the water and over the spillway to see it on the other side but my fear is it will fall into the water and be taken away by a torrent of water on the other side. The irony is, the crash that I experienced was my fault, not the birds or its software. I think I have been reading in the forums for too long. Just need to think happy thoughts.
2015-5-21
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

Take your time with it Houston, I always fly gear down after updates just to be sure things are going the proper way. You'll get there. I still get "the nerves" when I'm flying in new areas or trying new things, but no matter what, I keep my wits about me and try them. It's how we learn.
2015-5-22
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The time I crashed into a tree after only having it for 10 days I was looking at the iPad and not the Bird so now I am paranoid to take my eyes off of it. This I HAVE TO get over or I will never get any cool shots.
2015-5-22
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Just turn the self adaptive landing gear option off and you will have full control of the gear via your RC.  Raise it up and down manually as you desire.

Jason
2015-5-22
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-5-22 06:58
Houston, not trying to sound dis respectful, but you should let go of the past and be confident that ...

Take off is optional
Landing is mandatory

I learned that when I was learning to fly R/C airplanes, my instructor was having me do some high speed taxies up and down the runway when my plane took off. I did have several flights in with him connected to my R/C. This time he just unplugged, said "Take off is optional Landing is mandatory" and left me to fly.
Landing was good.
2015-5-23
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

michaelanthony. Posted at 2015-5-23 00:36
Take your time with it Houston, I always fly gear down after updates just to be sure things are goin ...

Gear down is the least stable position for the wings to be in. The processor is making hundreds of calculations per second trying to keep your top heavy craft stable so the props don't strike the ground. When the gear is up the processor does not need to work as hard to keep it upright. If the aircraft comes off the ground and holds position you would be wise to raise the gear as fast as you can. You do not want a gyro malfunction with the gear down! you will crash hard for sure.  
2015-5-24
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

houston Posted at 2015-5-22 11:45
No disrespected at all Dangair. You are absolutely correct. It is one of those things I just have to ...

Houston fly the aircraft for a couple batteries, if it hovers properly, controls as it should and the interface with the app is happy, charge everything up, visually inspect everything especially the props for nicks or scratches that could lead to a failure. Take a few batteries and fly one for a test. If all goes well... put the big boy pants on and make your dream become reality. Good luck and ENJOY
2015-5-24
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-5-25 02:19
Gear down is the least stable position for the wings to be in. The processor is making hundreds of ...

I guess I should have been clearer, when I fly gear down I'm only doing it while hovering thru batteries, to test the upgrades.

I never really considered the stability aspect tho - it does make sense it would through the CG off - thanks for pointing that out
2015-5-24
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Personally I don't see the point in an auto gear up default setting. A default gear down setting fair enough to prevent gimbal damage but auto up nah. Each to their own though,  at least we currently have the option to change it if you dig around in the app.
2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules