4452 4 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coheavand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183051 ft
Singapore

Hi pilots!

How do you guys fit your phones with cases into the mavic air rc?

I tend to remove my case from my iPhone X, but it’s beginning to feel really troublesome.

Is there an alternative, besides a mount?

Cheers!
2018-7-10
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I have an Otterbox for my iPhone X.  What you can do is remove the rubber inserts on both sides.  It fits snugly with the Otterbox case.  Save the inserts and screws so you can re-attach them down the road.  This will work on any Mavic remote (Pro, Air, or Spark).

I am sure this would void the warranty, so do this at your own risk!!

2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. We highly recommend you remove the case so that your phone will fit naturally into your remote controller. In case that you really wanted to use your phone case, please refer on this thread: (https://forum.dji.com/thread-108227-1-1.html). I hope this will help.
2018-7-10
Use props
Coheavand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183051 ft
Singapore

Thanks for the replies. I’ll take a look at removing the rubbers. Just wanted to know what you pilots do.

Cheers
2018-7-10
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Coheavand Posted at 2018-7-10 08:49
Thanks for the replies. I’ll take a look at removing the rubbers. Just wanted to know what you pilots do.

Cheers

Here is a picture showing what screws to remove.   The metal brackets will come off and you cam remove the rubber grips.  You can either re-attach the metal brackets, or leave them off.

Again, this could void your warranty.  But, the OtterBox fits nice and snug.  

2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules