RTH
1165 12 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanGillian
lvl.2

HELP!!!, TAKE OFF WITH HOMEPOINT SET 10 FEET ABOVE MY HEAD.....FLEW BEYOND 100 FT AWAY AND UP OF ME.....INITIATED RTH AND SPARK GO DOWN FROM WHERE IT IS RIGHT AWAY (CANCELLED RTH COMMAND AND BROUGHT SPARK HOME WITH REMOTE).....

WHAT SETTINGS MUST I SET TO GET SPARK FLY BACK AT CURRENT ATTITUDE AND COME DOWN WHEN IT IS ABOVE MY HOME POINT SET?  I WATCH DRONER VIDEO ON YOUTUBE AND UNDERSTAND 2.5 M/20 M/100 M RTH BEHAVIORS BUT MY SPARK IS NOT DOING THOSE MANEUVERS AT ANY DISTANCE....ITS JUST GO DOWN FROM WHERE EVER IT IS AT, WHETHER 10 FT/50 FT/100 FT AWAY AND ABOVE MY HOMEPOINT

THANKS FOR READING AND COMMENTS!!!
2018-7-10
Use props
Jasta ~
First Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

Link to RTH Guide ~
https://forum.dji.com/thread-156400-1-1.html
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to read on this, your spark has three type of RTH, the Smart RTH, Low-battery RTH and Failsafe RTH, for the smart RTH it can be used whenever you need it and it will raise the altitude depending on how high you set your preferred altitude for this RTH, however, it can be only perform when GPS is available and the other one is low battery RTH and this function will trigger when the Intelligent flight battery is depleted to a point that may affect the safe return of the aircraft. I would recommend looking for appropriate location to land the drone and lastly, the Failsafe RTH, if the Home Point was successfully recorded, the GPS  signal is strong and the compass is working normally, Failsafe will be automatically activated in any case your aircraft will be disconnected to the RC for a specific amount of time (three seconds when using RC) you may cancel this procedure once you regain the connection. I would suggest flying in an open location please ensure that the firmware is up to date recalibrate the IMU and Compass and ensure that you're getting enough GPS signal before flying your drone 18 or more is recommended.
2018-7-11
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

If you are not mistaken in your description, this is not right.

Please update your logs confirming this behaviour to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and provide us with the link.

Mirek
2018-7-11
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-11 10:07
Hi, sorry to read on this, your spark has three type of RTH, the Smart RTH, Low-battery RTH and Failsafe RTH, for the smart RTH it can be used whenever you need it and it will raise the altitude depending on how high you set your preferred altitude for this RTH, however, it can be only perform when GPS is available and the other one is low battery RTH and this function will trigger when the Intelligent flight battery is depleted to a point that may affect the safe return of the aircraft. I would recommend looking for appropriate location to land the drone and lastly, the Failsafe RTH, if the Home Point was successfully recorded, the GPS  signal is strong and the compass is working normally, Failsafe will be automatically activated in any case your aircraft will be disconnected to the RC for a specific amount of time (three seconds when using RC) you may cancel this procedure once you regain the connection. I would suggest flying in an open location please ensure that the firmware is up to date recalibrate the IMU and Compass and ensure that you're getting enough GPS signal before flying your drone 18 or more is recommended.

Thanks for the reply......I am aware of the 3 RTH scenarios.....but what I am experiencing is "MY SPARK will start dropping at current attitude if I initiated a RTH"....doesn't matter what distance Spark is away from me....I set altitude at 30 ft......and at 20 ft....it just dropped instead of raising 30 ft and fly back home...it just dropped all touch the ground and landed
2018-7-11
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

The button above the one you are hitting is the RTH button.  The one you are hitting on your smart phone is the autoland button.  They are close together and look similar.  Try using the RTH physical button on the RC controller instead of the buttons in the app.
2018-7-11
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-7-11 16:24
The button above the one you are hitting is the RTH button.  The one you are hitting on your smart phone is the autoland button.  They are close together and look similar.  Try using the RTH physical button on the RC controller instead of the buttons in the app.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! 1ST correct solution, DJI GO app used to RTH on the phone screen...I need to follow the forum thread, been absent for over 8 months...next, how to connect Spark with phone ONLY without RC?  Do you have solution?
2018-7-11
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Nice job, Gunship9...the obvious is most often overlooked.
2018-7-11
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

SeanGillian Posted at 2018-7-11 17:26
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! 1ST correct solution, DJI GO app used to RTH on the phone screen...I need to follow the forum thread, been absent for over 8 months...next, how to connect Spark with phone ONLY without RC?  Do you have solution?

No problem.  It stumped me for awhile too as I never use either button (Autoland or RTH).  

I like gaining altitude then flying full speed in sport mode to dive at myself.  More fun to blaze in and land in the hand while spectators around you scatter in fear.

The Spark is a loyal marriage partner.  It will only bind with the RC controller or a phone but not both.  You have to go through the entire bind to phone proceedure to get the phone connected.  Once you start connecting the phone directly to the Spark, the Spark will forget the RC controller.

Spark return 5.gif
2018-7-11
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! 1ST correct solution, DJI GO app used to RTH on the phone screen...I need to follow the forum thread, been absent for over 8 months...next, how to connect Spark with phone ONLY without RC?  Do you have solution?

The DJI GO4 app still has the RTH on the phone screen, it's just above the land one.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the late response, were you able to fix the issue? Regarding connecting your phone via wi-fi, you have to reset first the wifi of your aircraft so that your phone could be able to detect the wi-fi signal from aircraft. Kindly follow the instruction below on how you will reset the wi-fi of your aircraft.

To reset, hold the battery down for 9 seconds until you hear the aircraft beep three times.

Please keep us posted for updates.

2018-7-12
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2

THANK YOU ALL FOR SOLUTIONS TO MY IGNORANCES......PROBLEM SOLVED GUNSHIP9
2018-7-12
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-7-11 19:03
No problem.  It stumped me for awhile too as I never use either button (Autoland or RTH).  

I like gaining altitude then flying full speed in sport mode to dive at myself.  More fun to blaze in and land in the hand while spectators around you scatter in fear.

THANKS FOR INFO....as I thought ...the Spark can't control to RC and phone at same time, but what if I have 2 Sparks, can one be control by RC and one control by iPhone X?  Or do I have to reset it anyway once I used phone for one Spark and reconnect RC to the other Spark; I have to go thru the connection again?
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules