RC Connects But Says "Connecting"
934 6 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4e9317d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5728 ft

I flew my Mavic Pro last week without any issues, but when I went to fly the other day, my RC seemed not to be connecting to the drone. After turning everything on and off several times, I noticed the controller was actually connecting. I could fly the drone and got perfect video, but the controller continued to say "connecting". I downgraded the firmware on both the drone and RC to V01.04.0100 and the same thing happened. I try upgrading the firmware to V01.04.0400 and get a failure with a note in red at the bottom that reads, "undefined 0x040603".
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. Have you tried performing a factory reset using DJI Assistant 2? Try to refresh the firmware and then restore factory defaults. Here's the link of the software : (https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads). After that try to link it again using the video tutorial below.

2018-7-14
Use props
fans4e9317d8
lvl.1
United States

Is it possible to restore factory defaults on the RC? I've already tried to restore the defaults on the drone itself, but when I go to install any version of firmware on the RC it fails. I've also tried to link the Remote to the drone and it seems to already be linked.
2018-7-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Try doing the firmware refresh via the Go4 app, on the top right of the app has 3 lines press and hold down there and chose the version of firmware you want and proceed from there
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans4e9317d8 Posted at 2018-7-14 07:24
Is it possible to restore factory defaults on the RC? I've already tried to restore the defaults on the drone itself, but when I go to install any version of firmware on the RC it fails. I've also tried to link the Remote to the drone and it seems to already be linked.

Hi, yes you may do so using the app. You can refer to the video below on how to downgrade using the DJI Assistant 2 as well. Thank you.

2018-7-14
Use props
OhioJeeper
lvl.1

Sorry, was on an extended leave and have just now been able to get back on the subject.

I downgraded the firmware and did a factory reset on the drone and when I went to do the same on the controller, I connected the controller to my computer via USB, turned on the controller and it sounds like the controller can't stay connected to the USB. I disconnected the controller from the computer and the controller turned off. I turned it back on, it goes to "Connecting..." and then after a few seconds, turns off. With it acting like this, I it won't connect to the computer to do any updating of the firmware. When I connect my phone to it, turn it on, it does the same thing, "Connecting..." for a few seconds and then turns off. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Since 7-14-18 the drone has been locked away and nobody has touched it.
2018-10-20
Use props
OhioJeeper
lvl.1
United States

Wow, my last post was 5 months ago and no response...

Let's try this again. I recently got out of my DJI induced depression and pulled my Mavic Pro out of storage to try it once more. I see there are a lot of posts regarding the connecting issue and errors when upgrading firmware but no real answers. It seems DJI doesn't care what happens after selling us their garbage. I charged my AC and RC to 100% and started them up and while the RC was still plugged into the charger, I left them on for several hours as someone a year ago or so had recommended. When I came back, they were connected, but the RC still said 'Connecting...'. I connected my phone and the AC flew fine using the RC, all the while the RC said 'Connecting...'.

I'd just like to know what the hell is going on with it. What's the issue and why isn't anyone at DJI concerned about all the issues?
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules