Refurbished Spark ESC Error
797 14 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

Hi - I received my refurbished Spark 3 days ago and when I went to fly it kept telling me it was unable because "No. 3 Esc-ESC Error" after rebooting it a few times I was able to fly and then I shut it down and fly it again without issues a few hours later. Now today I went to fly again and its giving me the same ESC error but no matter how many times I restart it the error will not go away. I tried downgrading the firmware and got the same error, I then upgraded the firmware and again got the same error. I have done the IMU calibration a few times as well.

Anything else I can try?
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you. I would recommend to return it directly to the store where you purchased the drone or you can contact our support team using this link: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). Thank you for your support.
2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

I purchased it refurbished direct from DJI. How do I initiate a refund?

I am beyond disappointed, I am leaving for vacation in one week and bought it intending to use it while away. Now I doubt I can get a replacement or a refund and purchase a new one in one week. And I cannot contact anyone from support on the weekend it seems.
2018-7-14
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

That isn't good , I have thought about buying a DJI refurbished Drone  but now I'm wondering if I want to take that chance.
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo Posted at 2018-7-14 08:34
I purchased it refurbished direct from DJI. How do I initiate a refund?

I am beyond disappointed, I am leaving for vacation in one week and bought it intending to use it while away. Now I doubt I can get a replacement or a refund and purchase a new one in one week. And I cannot contact anyone from support on the weekend it seems.

Again, I am very sorry about this. For return and refund please contact our support team for further assistant. Kindly use this link: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav).  If you have any other concern, please let us know so we can help you out. Thank you.
2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-7-14 09:04
That isn't good , I have thought about buying a DJI refurbished Drone  but now I'm wondering if I want to take that chance.

I know, I was a little worried when purchasing it but figured they would have made sure it was working before selling it refurbished. I really wish I could have flown it for more than 10 minutes total, now I need to decide if I want to try to get a replacement or just get my money back and try a different brand..
2018-7-14
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo Posted at 2018-7-14 09:19
I know, I was a little worried when purchasing it but figured they would have made sure it was working before selling it refurbished. I really wish I could have flown it for more than 10 minutes total, now I need to decide if I want to try to get a replacement or just get my money back and try a different brand..

Try turning motors by hand, and se if the faulty one is binding.. It could just be some debree that is binding, or a locking tab from a prop has come of..
2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-7-14 09:28
Try turning motors by hand, and se if the faulty one is binding.. It could just be some debree that is binding, or a locking tab from a prop has come of..

Thanks for the suggestion, I turned all the motors and they all feel the same. I see the one that is bad because it doesn't spin a little on startup like the others but I don't see or feel anything different about it.
2018-7-14
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo Posted at 2018-7-14 09:46
Thanks for the suggestion, I turned all the motors and they all feel the same. I see the one that is bad because it doesn't spin a little on startup like the others but I don't see or feel anything different about it.

Not sure it is dji.s fault, all, but could be a bad soldering, on esc board or motor... I would give it in for retur.
2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-7-14 10:59
Not sure it is dji.s fault, all, but could be a bad soldering, on esc board or motor... I would give it in for retur.

Does anyone know how long it would take to get it replaced? Im still in the first 15 days if it matters.. I tried submitting the form on the support page but it wont let me pick 'Replacement' without talking to support first and the phone and chat are not available
2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2

Anyone? Even tho it was refurbished it wasn't cheap and DJI sent me a faulty product.
2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

Can someone tell me how I can get my money back? This has been a big disappointment
2018-7-14
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Send it back in for an exchange ASAP with the fastest postage.
15 days within the purchase does not matter because refurb warranty is one year like new.
I know your disappointment because I got a new Spark that would not establish a Homepoint.
I turned it in at 10 days and received a replacement within 10 days total.

So it really does not matter if you get new or a refurb as I had a refurb fail too.

You just got a bad one but when they do work, they are awesome!
2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-14 19:45
Send it back in for an exchange ASAP with the fastest postage.
15 days within the purchase does not matter because refurb warranty is one year like new.
I know your disappointment because I got a new Spark that would not establish a Homepoint.

Thanks for the follow-up, I heard back from support and they opened a case for replacement but I have to send it from NJ to CA and and they have to inspect it before replacing it so it sounds like I won't get it back before my trip. I think at this point I need to cut my losses and try to get my money back and look at other brands. I just can't find any info on how to get a refund.
2018-7-14
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo Posted at 2018-7-14 20:33
Thanks for the follow-up, I heard back from support and they opened a case for replacement but I have to send it from NJ to CA and and they have to inspect it before replacing it so it sounds like I won't get it back before my trip. I think at this point I need to cut my losses and try to get my money back and look at other brands. I just can't find any info on how to get a refund.

Trust me, I wouldn't.
Get the repair/ replacement done.
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules