MP with samsung s5 video problems.
1028 13 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
babycomeback77
lvl.1

Hello dji community, this is my first post here.
I just bought my MP a week ago, i have had a lot of problems with pixelated video and bad video transmission, i have the latest firmaware and dji go 4.

I have tried different usb cables and always activate airplane mode before i take off, nearly lost my drone yesterday after using RTH for the very first time, the drone shot up to about 700FT instead of coming back home... i was lucky to regain LOS and recover the drone without any issues but it was a close one.

I tried downgrading the dji go app to a few different versions but no luck.

I thought samsung s5 was a approved device?

anyway, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, i really want to love this little drone....

2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Welcome to DJI Forum. I am sorry that you are having issues with your new DJI Mavic Pro. The Samsung S5 is a recommended device for the DJI Mavic Air. I suggest updating the firmware of the DJI Mavic Pro to the latest one for compatibility purposes. I will be posting the link where you can find the latest DJI Assistant 2 firmware ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ). May I know what SD Card model are you using, please?
2018-7-15
Use props
babycomeback77
lvl.1

just want to add that dev options are turned on with usb debugging, and i have also tried factory reset on the samsung s5 and turning off local cache.
2018-7-15
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Try sideloading a previous build of the DJI go app, the latest version .20 is known for the issues you have. Try .16

You can find it here;
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-2-16-release/
2018-7-15
Use props
babycomeback77
lvl.1

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-15 09:20
Try sideloading a previous build of the DJI go app, the latest version .20 is known for the issues you have. Try .16

You can find it here;

Thank you for the suggestion  but .16 was the worst for me out of all the versions i tried.

I also tried .14, and .20.

They all had the same pixelated video problem but .16 was the worst with the whole screen freezing to where i couldn't even tell what direction the MP was facing, this is when i tried RTH and the drone darted straight up to 700ft then the app froze.

Luckily the app restarted and i got video back long enough to fly it back into LOS and land it.
2018-7-15
Use props
babycomeback77
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-15 09:02
Hi. Welcome to DJI Forum. I am sorry that you are having issues with your new DJI Mavic Pro. The Samsung S5 is a recommended device for the DJI Mavic Air. I suggest updating the firmware of the DJI Mavic Pro to the latest one for compatibility purposes. I will be posting the link where you can find the latest DJI Assistant 2 firmware ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ). May I know what SD Card model are you using, please?

Thank you very much for the reply, i am using the sandisk extreme 16gb micro sd hc1 (that came with the MP).

I will try dji assistant 2 firmware from the download link you provided and i will update with the results, thank you.
2018-7-15
Use props
mickr1969
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've got the same problem with the S5, tried downgrading, other cables, etc etc. Ended up having to use an Iphone instead :/
Support admins just keep regurgitating the same lines over and over again....

2018-7-15
Use props
babycomeback77
lvl.1

Hi. Welcome to DJI Forum. I am sorry that you are having issues with your new DJI Mavic Pro. The Samsung S5 is a recommended device for the DJI Mavic Air. I suggest updating the firmware of the DJI Mavic Pro to the latest one for compatibility purposes. I will be posting the link where you can find the latest DJI Assistant 2 firmware ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ). May I know what SD Card model are you using, please?

I have now installed dji assistant 2 and it says i have firmware v01.04.0400 for the Mavic pro and also the same for the RC controller.

dji go 4 app is DJI GO 4 v4.2.20

I tried a test flight and video was very bad on the samsung s5, i checked the sd card and the video on card didn't have any problems so looks like it is only a video transmission problem.
[media=x,970,580][/media]
2018-7-15
Use props
babycomeback77
lvl.1

i am using the sandisk extreme 16gb micro sd hc1 (that came with the MP).

Here is a video of the problem (4.2.20 + v01.04.0400 for the Mavic pro and also the same for the RC controller.)

2018-7-15
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

babycomeback77 Posted at 2018-7-15 18:12
i am using the sandisk extreme 16gb micro sd hc1 (that came with the MP).

Here is a video of the problem (4.2.20 + v01.04.0400 for the Mavic pro and also the same for the RC controller.)

Hi, I use an S5 all the time with no prblems. maybe make sure the  phone software is up to date. regards Alex
2018-7-15
Use props
babycomeback77
lvl.1

Altech Posted at 2018-7-15 19:13
Hi, I use an S5 all the time with no prblems. maybe make sure the  phone software is up to date. regards Alex

Hi, Alex.

I double checked and my android is 6.0.1 and says that i am up to date with updates but thank you for the suggestion, i appreciate it.

are you also running android 6.0.1 on samsung s5 with .400 firmware and dji go 4 .20?
2018-7-15
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft

babycomeback77 Posted at 2018-7-15 19:36
Hi, Alex.

I double checked and my android is 6.0.1 and says that i am up to date with updates but thank you for the suggestion, i appreciate it.

Yes , all the same as you  cheers Alex
2018-7-16
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. Welcome to DJI Forum. I am sorry that you are having issues with your new DJI Mavic Pro. The Samsung S5 is a recommended device for the DJI Mavic Air. I suggest updating the firmware of the DJI Mavic Pro to the latest one for compatibility purposes. I will be posting the link where you can find the latest DJI Assistant 2 firmware ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ). May I know what SD Card model are you using, please?

There is a known problem with DJI Go 4 version 4.2.20 for Android.
See...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=156687

DJI Steven,
The user reported a pixelation issue. (Amongst other things.)
There is a known issue with pixelation affecting a significant number of Android users which has a known work around.
My view is that failing to mention that and sign-posting the original poster to the work-around is really unprofessional and shameful customer service.
2018-7-16
Use props
babycomeback77
lvl.1

Thanks  for the replies.

After factory reset of the samsung galaxy S5, with developer options enabled, usb debugging enabled.

.0400 FW
4.2.10 unusable because of video pixelation
4.2.12 unusable because of video pixelation
4.2.16 unusable because of video pixelation also had problems with disconnect and RTH
4.2.20 unusable because of video pixelation

then i tried .0300 FW
4.2.16 unusable because of video pixelation
4.2.20 unusable because of video pixelation
I decided to upgrade my phone today to samsung S9+, brand new phone... didn't even have to turn developer options or usb debugging on...

downloaded the latest DJI GO 4 from google play, ran with the FW that was already on the drone (.0300) and had no problems at all, didn't even turn airplane mode on, infact i still had a hotspot up and forgot to turn it off for the test flight.

I am no expert, but i think that their app has outgrown the approved devices list, the galaxy S5 i was using is still in perfect condition, everything works on it.

2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules