RC won't control P4P+ V2
1104 10 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dramsey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2894 ft

I just received a new P4P+ V2.0.  Out of the box I charged the battery and RC, updated the firmware using DJI Go 4. These updates included battery firmware updates that DJI GO4 said were required.  I was then able to successfully test fly the P4P and everything seemed good.  The next day (after charging the batteries), I attempted another flight.  However, this time, the RC controller screen could link to the P4P, and I could see the camera view, but I could not control anything else.  DJI GO4 does not recognize that there is a SD card installed (it is), It cannot provide any battery info, nor any other information relative to the P4P.  The gimbal control does not work, and, most importantly, it will not turn on the rotors.  On the P4P side, the rear LED's under the rotors are not on (as they typically are), neither are the front LEDs.  The small LED on the connection button between the USB port and SD slot flashes to a solid green at first, but then flashes Green-Orange-Red in a continuous cycle.  I've tried everything I can think of from trying to re-link the RC (no good), to attempting to upgrade the firmware on the P4P with DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom.  When I use the DJI Assistant 2 app.  I get an error mid-way through the update that identifies a battery update error. Following the instructions of extracting the battery and reinserting does not work.  I am at a loss.  Here is the screen shot of the Assistant 2 error (BTW, I have three batteries and they all behave the same way):

Battery update error

Battery update error

2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're very sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend to return it directly to the store where you purchased the drone or you can contact our support team using this link: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). If you have other concern, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-7-16
Use props
dramsey
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-16 06:26
Hi there, we're very sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend to return it directly to the store where you purchased the drone or you can contact our support team using this link: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). If you have other concern, please let us know. Thank you.

Natalia,
    I have been talking to user support and the result is that it's an issue with the aircraft.  The only solution at this point is to ship it back to be evaluated and "potentially" a replacement sent back.  Unfortunately all of this shipping back and forth will eat up the better part of two weeks which I cannot afford.  Very frustrating and disappointing.
2018-7-17
Use props
dramsey
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-16 06:26

As a reminder, this aircraft was ordered from DJI in mid June, I received it July 12th.  Flew it once for 10 minutes, and now it's not operational.  I will now have to wait 8-10 days for the repair process not including shipping time.  This is not acceptable.  
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dramsey Posted at 2018-7-17 09:18
As a reminder, this aircraft was ordered from DJI in mid June, I received it July 12th.  Flew it once for 10 minutes, and now it's not operational.  I will now have to wait 8-10 days for the repair process not including shipping time.  This is not acceptable.

I do really apologize for all the inconvenienced that this caused you. Please don't worry, we guarantee you that we will send you back a working drone. Please make sure to check your email from time to time so for you to have an update on the progress. Thank you.
2018-7-17
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-17 09:30
I do really apologize for all the inconvenienced that this caused you. Please don't worry, we guarantee you that we will send you back a working drone. Please make sure to check your email from time to time so for you to have an update on the progress. Thank you.

You don't want a refurbished, working drone. You want a new drone. Send it back to where you got it and buy a new one. Dji's quality control needs a good kick in the Ass.
2018-7-17
Use props
dramsey
lvl.1
United States

ATJ Posted at 2018-7-17 09:57
You don't want a refurbished, working drone. You want a new drone. Send it back to where you got it and buy a new one. Dji's quality control needs a good kick in the Ass.

The replacement paperwork is already being processed.  I don't have much experience with their QC protocols so I can't respond.  However, to simply generate a return shipping label will apparently take up to 2 days.  It's been over 24 hrs already and no shipping label.  All other companies that I've worked with can generate a return shipping label within an hour.  If this is how long it takes just  to generate a shipping  label, I fear for the amount of time it will take to receive it, replace it, and ship it back.  Sadly, I expect it will take about two weeks.  This response time absolutely needs to change.
2018-7-18
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

you can expect about 2 to 3 days to get the label.  Just went through a similar experience with a Vr 2.0 return.  Also had a controller issue after three flights, controller went DOA, locked up.  

What I found was that you only get one response a day from DJI, usually in the early am, and even if you respond back, it will be a day before you hear back.  

Paul C
2018-7-18
Use props
dramsey
lvl.1

paul2660 Posted at 2018-7-18 17:33
you can expect about 2 to 3 days to get the label.  Just went through a similar experience with a Vr 2.0 return.  Also had a controller issue after three flights, controller went DOA, locked up.  

What I found was that you only get one response a day from DJI, usually in the early am, and even if you respond back, it will be a day before you hear back.  

That has been my experience as well.  Speaking with a service rep on the phone resulted in my issue being escalated to a higher level with a promise of a call-back by a more senior tech. That was four days ago, still waiting. On the bright side, I received the ground shipping label yesterday eve. for UPS ground to Calif.  that means at least two days of shipping, x days for evaluation, and another two days of shipping before I can resume my work.  
2018-7-19
Use props
dramsey
lvl.1

Just to update everyone that responded, I received the shipping label in 1.5 days.  Shipping took 5 days (weekend), and now I understand from their help line that replacement typically takes 2 weeks before they ship.  The nightmare continues.  Any bets whether I receive a new or "refurbished" aircraft???

2018-7-24
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"Any bets whether I receive a new or "refurbished" aircraft?"
My bets are on a refurb, but hopefully for you the US does a better job than NL. I am now waiting for my second replacement that arrived with issues are being inspected and a third replacement shipped to me.
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules