new inspire 1 backpack
4070 31 2015-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JKT
lvl.4

United States

So i found this backpack / Case in  a different Forum. It looks like they are just testing it before it goes into production. Love the design, apparently you will be able to bring it with you as a carry on if you are flying. It doesn't look like it has a lot of space for batteries but i guess its hard to find the perfect backpack that will accommodate every need since the inspire 1 is so big,  but the design looks neat and It doesn't look that bulky since it's designed to place the inspire 1 in flight mode giving it a few more inches to make it less wide.  . As far as I know there is nothing out there like this backpack! I will end up buying this product as soon as it's available. According to the guy he says that they will be available soon.  
this option is better than placing the inspire 1 inside a backpack with the landing gear exposed or having to carry a big pelican or any sort of case with you! . I find this backpack to be the perfect solution when you want to take your inspire 1 and you have to walk around in the beach or if you want to go hiking or when just traveling to any place that will require walking.

I also attached a picture of how I am temporarily carrying my inspire 1 when I go somewhere and I don't want to carry a huge case with me! I am excited and hope this product is available soon!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2015-5-20
Use props
christopher.kee
lvl.2
United States

Nice, looks great and saves three steps in the pre-flight process!

*Also, nice prop guards! How are those working for you?
2015-5-20
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

pthe pictures are now showin
2015-5-20
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.2

United States

That looks promising good find
2015-5-20
Use props
CanD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4862615 ft
Germany

Thanks, looks very good. Who will sell it once available? Bestem Aerial?
2015-5-21
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Germany

Only the inlay looks like shit, sorry! It's like in the standard case and when you get the I1 out of the case and put it bag in, you've those little pieces of inlay that come of. That is terrible!!! You can see it already in the middle where the hole is for the camera (small brigde)

With another inlay, don't know what, it would be perfect!
2015-5-21
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

CanD Posted at 2015-5-21 18:39
Thanks, looks very good. Who will sell it once available? Bestem Aerial?

Yes the backpack will be sold by Bestem Aerial.... http://aerial.bestemusa.com  I will keep you updated if I hear that the backpack is available to buy.
2015-5-21
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

bolwerk.arnold Posted at 2015-5-21 19:51
Only the inlay looks like shit, sorry! It's like in the standard case and when you get the I1 out of ...

Well as I said when I posted this thread that it's hard to find the perfect backpack that will accommodate all your needs! I would rather have this backpack than carrying the huge original DJI CASE/ pelican case or putting my inspire 1 in a backpack and having the landing gear exposed when I walk and for it to get  banged. I did this when I tooked my vacation and it was hard to carry my inspire 1 the whole day, it was annoying not being able to put my backpack in the floor because I was scare that someone would kicked it or for someone to break it by accident. i am sure that if you are careful when placing your stuff inside the case it can last you a long time. check this thread and tell me what would you rather have this backpack or what many of us are doing? http://forum.dji.com/thread-8207-1-1.html.  It may not be a good buy for you but I think this would be ideal for me since I know how hard it is to carry your inspire if you are going to be walking a lot.  This backpack will allow you to easily carry your inspire 1.....Just my 2 cents!
2015-5-21
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

christopher.kee Posted at 2015-5-21 14:28
Nice, looks great and saves three steps in the pre-flight process!

yes I agree! and it's not bulky and compare to other options this seems to be the one out there. the bottom of the case is curve so that when you use it as a back pack it can feel comfortable.
2015-5-21
Use props
Inspire1
lvl.2

Czechia

Just to clarify information regarding carry on dimension.

In Europe most of the airliners allows carry on baggage with dimensions 50-55 x 38-40 x 20 cm

Inspire 1 in transport mode 50 x 20 x 44 cm
So it will allways be exceeding the by a few cm....
2015-5-21
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

interesting.. any idea of price yet ?
2015-5-22
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Inspire1 Posted at 2015-5-22 15:28
Just to clarify information regarding carry on dimension.

In Europe most of the airliners allows ca ...

Well ...
As I see it this case is built to store the Inspire in flight mode ... so I don´t know what to do with your comment ...
2015-5-22
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

alessandrobecca Posted at 2015-5-22 17:49
interesting.. any idea of price yet ?

No I don't know how much they intend to sell the backpack/case. I went to the website and they have a backpack for the phamtom the price was very affordable. hopefully they sell it at a great price!
2015-5-22
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

It is definitely an interesting design, I'll be fascinated by the finished product. I too need a case that will allow me to carry the inspire on hikes. This surely would make that a lot easier.
2015-5-22
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

any idea of the weight of this backpack (empty) and approximate dimensions ??
2015-5-23
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

alessandrobecca Posted at 2015-5-24 00:28
any idea of the weight of this backpack (empty) and approximate dimensions ??

I called the company yesterday and they say that it might  be ready to purchase by the end of June bigining of July! It hey have a backpack for the  phantom and it looks great and it's very affordable! they also have this amazing quick release prop guards for the phantom 1,2,3 and they are designing one for the inpire1! i will try to see if they have the dimension or the weight. I will keep you posted.
2015-5-23
Use props
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

my improvised backpak for I1

2015-5-23
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I have been following this company for a while as I am also very interested in this backpack.
But I would not keep my breath waiting for it - they have been promising this for a long time now and nothing happen
2015-5-23
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Zipped case and foam just like the original case.  Not what I would trust when travelling.  

Peli case any day is the better option.  

Doesn't look that compact as a backpack option.
2015-5-23
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

sebastianreal Posted at 2015-5-24 03:29

I do the same, it works for the moment since there is no other option that will give you the freedont of not chaving to carry that huge case. if you are walking around a lot of people of tight places your landing gear is expose to getin damage. For the moment thats the way to go!
2015-5-23
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

sebastianreal Posted at 2015-5-24 03:29

I do the same, it works for the moment since there is no other option that will give you the freedont of not having to carry that huge case. if you are walking around a lot of people or tight places your landing gear is expose to adamage. For the moment thats the way to go!
2015-5-23
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-24 04:56
Zipped case and foam just like the original case.  Not what I would trust when travelling.  

Peli c ...

I agree but honestly there is no other company out there that has come up with a better design.. It might not be a pelican case but i can assure you that it will be better than pulling a case at the beach or putting some strapps to your Original DJI Case.  Just think about it, its weird carrying a big case everywhere ,people look at you and wonder what in the world you have in that case!
2015-5-23
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

JKT Posted at 2015-5-24 08:51
I agree but honestly there is no other company out there that has come up with a better design.. It ...

Yes but is the design that really compact for travelling or hiking with.  

Just looks like your strapping a case on to your back as you describe, now that will get you noticed.

Why does it need to be in flight mode ?  Surely if it was in travel mode it would create a smaller dimension.

I thought the idea was to have something as small as possible to carry around on a rucksack or similar.
2015-5-24
Use props
christea736
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

interesting let us know when it's available.
2015-5-29
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

christea736 Posted at 2015-5-30 10:42
interesting let us know when it's available.

Anyone has any idea of the estimated weight ?
Also it would be great if they could offer a plastic box that fits inside the second controller compartment (for those who only have one or only want to carry one in the backpack) to securely accomodate other stuff.(or may be someone can just come up with a design and  file for it to be self 3 D printed).
Also where are you meant to store props ?
And what about IPad? is there a place for that ?
any idea of overall dimensions ??
2015-5-31
Use props
ksa29
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315794 ft
Australia

With the 2nd controller spot, it would be handy to have a foam insert that allowed you to carry another 2 batteries instead.  Overall looks like a good replacement case, would like to see how it works as a backpack.
2015-5-31
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

I had a few questions about the backpack, how many spare batteries can you carry in the backpack. I did not see a space for an iPad or the propellers. in regards to the foam how durable is it? I love the backpack and the design.

It'll hold two extra batteries, 8 prop blades, extra storage for harness/pad, but it will not hold a full size iPad I think. I'll double check at the office tomorrow.
It's the same core material as the OEM case, often used to hold high end surveying equipments.
2015-6-3
Use props
patersonward.ho
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-14
Use props
CanD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4862615 ft
Germany

I got this from support at 2 june:

"These pack should be available soon but I have not received the exact date when we will have them to sell. But when I asked the owner and designer of the packs he said they should be here soon for the final inspection and as long as everything is right we will start selling them very soon. Sorry I can not give you an exact date that they will be available to sell but we are not that far from what I can see. So please just keep your eyes open and if you do not see them in still in about a month please check back with us if they are not here we should have a good update by then"
We have to wait a bit, I guess

2015-6-15
Use props
patersonward.ho
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-17
Use props
greg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265495 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I know its pretty much what  CanD posted but here it is:
I asked when it would be ready, if the Gimbal could be left on and how much it would cost.  Here is his reply:
"I have not got ht e exact date that we will have them in stock yet. But I know we are not to far off. We have made a gimbal lock so that you will be able to leave it on the drone while in the backpack. And yes I did say backpack we know that everyone has been looking for a backpack style pack so that is what we are making. We do not have a final number just yet to tell what it is going to cost. So I would hate to tell you wrong.  We should have more updates in a couple weeks. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask."
2015-6-18
Use props
greg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265495 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just incidentally I couldnt wait and bought this "Freighter Frame".  Made by north-49.ca
It works great to transport the original box.  Notice that the shelf on the bottom doesnt have angular straps coming down so if you have trouble finding this exact one make sure the shelf straps done impede the wide case.

2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules