Found problem w/update failure
1327 11 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timothysoup
lvl.1

The error code it is showing (error code 0x026c03) is "ultra sonic module damage".
The ultra sonic module was damaged when I bought the Spark so the firmware update could not update it.
For those of you who don't know what it is, it is how the Spark detects how far of the ground it is and what it's surrondings are.
They said I have to send it in for a replacment. Guess I won't be enjoying my Spark for a couple of weeks.

Now I'm wondering why my previose posts were deleted!

2018-7-16
Use props
J. Berardi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181030 ft
United States

Best Buy will take it back and give you new one without charging the 15% restocking fee...as the item is defective.
2018-7-16
Use props
J. Berardi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181030 ft
United States

Best Buy will take it back and give you new one without charging the 15% restocking fee...as the item is defective. Take it back there and you can be flying this evening!
2018-7-16
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

J. Berardi Posted at 2018-7-16 09:14
Best Buy will take it back and give you new one without charging the 15% restocking fee...as the item is defective. Take it back there and you can be flying this evening!

I am considering that. My only concern is if I exchange it will the next one have the same problem?
Could this be a batch issue? Meaning, is it possible that Best Buy got a few with bad ultra sonic modules?
I would be extremely angry if I took it back, brought the new one home just to find out it has the same problem and I end up having to send it back to DJI for a replacement anyways.
Phone support says they test the units before they send them to their consumers to make sure they work.
I hate having to wait 2 weeks but it would probably avoid more short term frustration.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize if you are having issues with your aircraft with regards to the error code  0x026c03. We might need to check the aircraft physically for further assessment. I will be providing the link below on how to fill out the form. Thank you.

Online Repair Request
2018-7-16
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-16 09:28
Hi, we do apologize if you are having issues with your aircraft with regards to the error code  0x026c03. We might need to check the aircraft physically for further assessment. I will be providing the link below on how to fill out the form. Thank you.

Online Repair Request

Actually, I was on the phone with tech support and they already walked me through the steps of returning it over the phone because the online request page was not working.
He was going to email me a UPS return label, still waiting for it.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Timothysoup Posted at 2018-7-16 09:33
Actually, I was on the phone with tech support and they already walked me through the steps of returning it over the phone because the online request page was not working.
He was going to email me a UPS return label, still waiting for it.

Hi, Great. Please let us know if there's anything that we can help you with. We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-7-16
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Try and get another one from Best Buy. You'll avoid all the DJI hassle. If you send it to them they most probably won't send you a new one but give you a 100% coupon for a new one so you'll still have to order from their site.
Chances are there was only that one with the defective thingy.
2018-7-16
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Timothysoup Posted at 2018-7-16 09:27
I am considering that. My only concern is if I exchange it will the next one have the same problem?
Could this be a batch issue? Meaning, is it possible that Best Buy got a few with bad ultra sonic modules?
I would be extremely angry if I took it back, brought the new one home just to find out it has the same problem and I end up having to send it back to DJI for a replacement anyways.

Timothy,

I agree with Antipaxi and J. Berardi.

One thing to consider here is that DJI will not repair your unit nor will they send you a new one. They will send you refurbished Spark - this is their process to speed up turn around time. Somebody else will later receive your fixed Spark.

Mirek
2018-7-16
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Can you please let us know how you found what this code means?

Mirek
2018-7-16
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-7-16 10:00

Mirek

(error code 0x026c03) is "ultra sonic module damage"
It is the module that controls sensors for ground distance as well as surrondings.
2018-7-16
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-7-16 10:00

Mirek

Sorry, I misread your question.
DJI phone, tech support
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules