Osmo Mobile 2 + GoPro Hero 5 using Bluetooth HID
4329 2 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

Hi there, I was playing around with my GoPro Hero 5 Black and my newly acquired Osmo Mobile 2.

Found that you can actually pair the Osmo Mobile 2 with the GoPro via Bluetooth.

Once it pairs, the GoPro shows " Remo Connected " (or something like that).

I was hoping then that the shutter button on the Osmo Mobile could start/stop recording but alas it wouldn't.

Just wondering if there would be any possible future updates that would allow the Osmo Mobile shutter button to communicate with the GoPro via bluetooth.

2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. However, we do not provide support for third-party products. I hope you understand.
2018-7-17
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-17 02:57
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. However, we do not provide support for third-party products. I hope you understand.

I was referring to an update Osmo side.

I noticed when pairing my phone with Osmo, the Osmo Mobile won't be recognised as an input device in my phone's Bluetooth device list and the shutter button won't work in the native camera app until DJI Go is started.  

After starting DJI Go, the Osmo Mobile then shows as an input device in the Bluetooth device list and the shutter button works as intended in the native camera app.  After doing that step once, it works as intended without the need to start DJI Go again.

If there's a way for the osmo to be recognised as an input device without this step, perhaps it would work with the GoPro.
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules