Horizon/camera not level fix
2335 6 2015-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

Anyone found out how to fix the horizon/camera not shooting level video?
2015-5-21
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

You can calibrate your IMU, and adjust the gimbal roll in the app, but there are some questions whether the gimbal roll fix "sticks" or not.
2015-5-21
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

It does not stick.  Turning back on you need to readjust.  Takes +3 for me.  The calibration does not do anything for me
2015-5-25
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do the IMU calibration at least twice - do it on a perfectly level surface (check it with a level).
Then calibrate the gimbal.

If that doesn't fix it or at least make it most of the way better, contact your dealer or DJI (that's what the DJI reps said to do).

Mine straightened out about 90% after doing 3 IMU calibrations and has stayed fixed. Most of the other 10% is probably in firmware or software in terms of how fast the gimbal catches up to a turn or bank.
2015-5-25
Use props
drblackham
New

United States

The issue is actually that the plastic gimbal saver is too short. To fix use all 4 or none at all. You can run a small zip tie thru the grommet if you are worried about it coming off.
2015-8-2
Use props
aeriallens
lvl.3

United States

drblackham Posted at 2015-8-3 04:39
The issue is actually that the plastic gimbal saver is too short. To fix use all 4 or none at all. Y ...

THAT is really interesting...seems worth a try...no harm.

I fixed mine (apparently?) by facing the aircraft North when doing the advanced and then quick calibrations. I know - makes NO sense at all. Probably luck.

AND - get this! - a friend in a neighboring town SWEARS his tilted horizon was permanently fixed when he accidentally took off with the clear gimbal "cage" still attached; he feels it forced a correction of the factory roll shaft position. Go figure.

2015-8-2
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've found if you do a gimbal calibration while aloft, that forces it to get level even thought it says "failed" on screen.
2015-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules