Inflight Propeller Malfunction
1440 22 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326148 ft
Haiti

I've been using my Mavic Pro for close a a year and was very satisfied... Until I wasn't.
I had made coutless flights, exploring different places but on my last one, things changed. Shortly after takeoff, as I was going forward, one of the rear propellers snapped and came off, causing the drone to fall to the ground.
Upon inspection, everything worked fine except for the gimbal support as one of the rubber bands that hold it snapped during the crash. Being that this happened before my 1 year warranty, I chose to send it to DJI, Big Mistake.
I received an email two weeks ago with a repair quote of $332. It included a bunch of parts that weren't affected during the crash (Gimbal and camera module, Gimbal arm module,...).
Now again the only real damage was to the gimbal plate that holds the gimbal itself.
I attempted to contact DJI regarding this matter and keep getting the run around about the malfunction of my Mavic Pro. Now 3 weeks into this I cannot get a definitive answer from DJI. They are unable to explain why this happened despite the fact that I uploaded all my flight logs and want to charge me for this malfunction.

I hope someone from DJI will see this and address the issue as my experience with customer service has been "BAD" at best.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We completely understand how you feel. We are very sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please provide the case number so we can check what is going on your case and do our best to help?
2018-7-17
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

Diana,

Below please find the case number: CAS-1820848-B6X4H8

To make matters worst, I just received an email stating that the drone was received after the warranty period even though the case was created before. The reason for the delay as I had explained to the original representative is because I live outside the US and the return label I was provided with could only be used in the US. Hence why I had to wait for a family member to travel to the US to ship the unit.

As said in my post, the negative experience with DJI support and after sales service has so far been a disaster. I refuse to believe that such a big company would take advantage of customers and abuse their trust.

I am waiting for your feedback on this matter.

Regards,
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-7-17 18:03
Diana,

Below please find the case number: CAS-1820848-B6X4H8

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate department to look into and follow up, we will have someone to contact you about the next resolution very soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-17
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-17 19:09
We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate department to look into and follow up, we will have someone to contact you about the next resolution very soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Well received... Could you give me an idea as to how long this should take? It has been close to 3 weeks since I have been trying to resolve this issue with the malfunction of my Mavic Pro.

Regards,
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-7-17 19:40
Well received... Could you give me an idea as to how long this should take? It has been close to 3 weeks since I have been trying to resolve this issue with the malfunction of my Mavic Pro.

Regards,

Our manager will contact you as soon as possible in working hours after investigating your case, appreciate your patience, we also hope the issue will be addressed soon.
2018-7-17
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-17 22:12
Our manager will contact you as soon as possible in working hours after investigating your case, appreciate your patience, we also hope the issue will be addressed soon.

I have been contacted and DJI has agreed to do the full repair under warranty. I look forward to receiving my Mavic Pro and resume exploring...
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-7-19 12:11
I have been contacted and DJI has agreed to do the full repair under warranty. I look forward to receiving my Mavic Pro and resume exploring...

Glad to know that, hope you will get the drone back soon. Please let us know if you need any further assistance, we are always here to help.
2018-7-20
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-20 00:15
Glad to know that, hope you will get the drone back soon. Please let us know if you need any further assistance, we are always here to help.

Dear All,

I recently received my drone back after it was repaired by DJI and took it for it's first flight today. It seems like this is a nightmare, because 5 mins into the flight the drone began to move eratically before spinning out of control and crashing into the ground. Again it displayed "motor overload".
This is very frustrating considering how long I waited for DJI to repair my drone under warranty (DJI didn't want to take responsibility for the malfunction) only to find out it wasn't properly fixed, it crashed on the very first flight. This is unacceptable. I have uploaded my flight logs for you to verify and confirm.
I expect the drone to be replaced as I refuse to have it "fixed" or "repaired", I have no trust in that process. Given how I use my drone, I could have easily lost it while exploring/working and DJI would not have taken responsibility.

I also expect this matter to be resolved as soon as possible as this experience is unacceptable.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-8-6 08:08
Dear All,

I recently received my drone back after it was repaired by DJI and took it for it's first flight today. It seems like this is a nightmare, because 5 mins into the flight the drone began to move eratically before spinning out of control and crashing into the ground. Again it displayed "motor overload".

Sorry to read this. Your case has been escalated to the management for further follow-up. They will review your case and contact you during the working time. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-8-6
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-6 23:43
Sorry to read this. Your case has been escalated to the management for further follow-up. They will review your case and contact you during the working time. Hope we can figure this out soon.

Awaiting to hear from management...
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-8-7 09:28
Awaiting to hear from management...

I've checked the case again, the management has called you and left a voicemail, please check whether you have received it, thanks!
2018-8-8
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 01:21
I've checked the case again, the management has called you and left a voicemail, please check whether you have received it, thanks!

I did receive a voicemail...
2018-8-8
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 01:21

I have yet to receive an email from the manager regarding my case. In the meantime, here is a link to the video of my drone after the crash. Same left rear motor that failed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yD2fq4dA1yobpeta9
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-8-8 16:53
I have yet to receive an email from the manager regarding my case. In the meantime, here is a link to the video of my drone after the crash. Same left rear motor that failed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yD2fq4dA1yobpeta9

Hi there, thanks for the video, we will transfer it to the management team for review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-8-8
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-8 23:53
Hi there, thanks for the video, we will transfer it to the management team for review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Hi,

I just got off a call with customer support regarding my case CAS-2108980-W3M8K7  and have the following comments:

1- The drone was sent back to DJI because it malfunctioned within 5 mins of it's first flight.
2- The drone had the same problem as the original crash.
3- I agree that the drone should be replaced by a new one as I wouldn't feel comfortable flying this drone again with the risk of losing it if it malfunctions while flying above water or far from me.
4- I find it unfair that my drone is being replaced under my newly purchased DJI Care plan as this should still be covered/replaced under the original warranty and case. The drone failed 5 mins into it's very first flight after it was repaired by DJI. This replacement shouldn't count from the two replacements covered under the DJI Care plan.

I would appreciate it if you could resolve the above as soon as possible as I have been very patient in this matter.

Best Regards,

Bernhard Celestin
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-8-21 09:33
Hi,

I just got off a call with customer support regarding my case CAS-2108980-W3M8K7  and have the following comments:

Hi Bernhard, thanks for getting back to us, upon checking the repair case, the drone was covered by the warranty after the data analysis, it has been swapped and will be shipped very soon, please note the email with the tracking number later, hope you will receive it soon.
2018-8-21
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-21 18:53
Hi Bernhard, thanks for getting back to us, upon checking the repair case, the drone was covered by the warranty after the data analysis, it has been swapped and will be shipped very soon, please note the email with the tracking number later, hope you will receive it soon.

Mindy,

Thanks for your message. Could you please clarify/confirm that a brand new drone will be sent out. I was told earlier today that it was repaired (also shows in repair update) and will be shipped.

Anticipated thanks and regards,

Bernhard
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-8-21 19:15
Mindy,

Thanks for your message. Could you please clarify/confirm that a brand new drone will be sent out. I was told earlier today that it was repaired (also shows in repair update) and will be shipped.

Hi Bernhard, sorry that I cannot tell if it is a brand-new aircraft at the moment, the drone was swapped, please ignore the email template, the serial number will also be sent to you soon, please check later.
2018-8-22
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-22 01:39
Hi Bernhard, sorry that I cannot tell if it is a brand-new aircraft at the moment, the drone was swapped, please ignore the email template, the serial number will also be sent to you soon, please check later.

Mindy,

It is the same drone that was already sent in for this very problem and came back with the same problem as it crashed within 5 mins of the first flight... I'm very uncomfortable using the defective drone as the risk of it being lost is far greater given it's history of losing a motor in flight.

Regards,

Bernhard
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-8-22 03:51
Mindy,

It is the same drone that was already sent in for this very problem and came back with the same problem as it crashed within 5 mins of the first flight... I'm very uncomfortable using the defective drone as the risk of it being lost is far greater given it's history of losing a motor in flight.

Hi Bernhard, did you receive the shipping email? If yes, there is the serial number of the drone and the RC in the email, we can see the aircraft has been swapped, hope you will receive the drone soon.
2018-8-22
Use props
fans1682d184
lvl.2
Haiti

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-22 23:39
Hi Bernhard, did you receive the shipping email? If yes, there is the serial number of the drone and the RC in the email, we can see the aircraft has been swapped, hope you will receive the drone soon.

Mindy,

Yes it does seem that the drone that got shipped out is a different S/N... Awaiting to receive it to resume flying and exploring...
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans1682d184 Posted at 2018-8-23 09:34
Mindy,

Yes it does seem that the drone that got shipped out is a different S/N... Awaiting to receive it to resume flying and exploring...

That's good to hear Bernhard. Once you receive the unit, make sure to test it and if there's any technical issues, don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to help. Take care.
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules