Master Wheels
7642 18 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs
lvl.1
Canada

Hi, has anyone out there purchased the Master Wheels?  I just got a set and I have a problem. As soon as I press the power button a screen comes on in chinese with only the words "Assistant 2" in english. I'm attaching a picture.  I have had no luck with customer support, they have no idea how to fix it. I have an 8000.00 dollar useless contraption in front of me and DJI CAN'T FIX IT, they suggested I return it to B&H.

master wheels screen

master wheels screen
2018-7-17
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

Just a guess but maybe hook it up to DJI assistant 2 and see if you can run updates..adjust setting etc. cheers Darrin
2018-7-17
Use props
djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs
lvl.1
Canada

proimages Posted at 2018-7-17 15:57
Just a guess but maybe hook it up to DJI assistant 2 and see if you can run updates..adjust setting etc. cheers Darrin

I tried but there doesn't seem to be any communication between the app and the wheels. There is no literature about how to do this anywhere.  Thanks for the suggestion.
2018-7-17
Use props
Bandry
New

djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs Posted at 2018-7-17 17:32
I tried but there doesn't seem to be any communication between the app and the wheels. There is no literature about how to do this anywhere.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I delt with this issue last night and the only fix that got me through it was taking a picture with google translate on each of the menu pages and finally finding a language adjustment.  I very much feel your pain in regards to the tech support on this product.  Clearly they don't know how to service the type of clients who purchase this product.
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs
lvl.1
Canada

Bandry Posted at 2018-7-19 14:26
I delt with this issue last night and the only fix that got me through it was taking a picture with google translate on each of the menu pages and finally finding a language adjustment.  I very much feel your pain in regards to the tech support on this product.  Clearly they don't know how to service the type of clients who purchase this product.

Thanks, would you mind very much posting a step by step guide to how you solved this issue?  I'm sure other users would appreciate it down the line.  I'm about to start shooting a series and am getting another set sent to me which by the sounds of it will still have that problem.
2018-7-19
Use props
StUDJI2000
lvl.4
  • >>>

djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs Posted at 2018-7-19 14:56
Thanks, would you mind very much posting a step by step guide to how you solved this issue?  I'm sure other users would appreciate it down the line.  I'm about to start shooting a series and am getting another set sent to me which by the sounds of it will still have that problem.

This video shows you how to change the language on your DJI Master Wheels.
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs
lvl.1

StUDJI2000 Posted at 2018-7-20 23:32
This video shows you how to change the language on your DJI Master Wheels. Video link

Thank you!!!
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs
lvl.1

StUDJI2000 Posted at 2018-7-20 23:32
This video shows you how to change the language on your DJI Master Wheels. Video link

So, I got a new set of MASTER WHEELS to replace the old ones and I have the same issue as before. I cannot get past the screen in Chinese that only says in English:  Assistant 2.  I have the assistant2 installed in my macbook and I have connected the Master Wheels to the macbook via a USB-C cable that was provided.  Nothing happens.  Customer Service is useless.

I saw your video but my question is how did you get past the first screen in Chinese? What I saw in your video is your control screen already working.  I cant get past that. Did you have the same issue?

Thanks
2018-8-3
Use props
djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs
lvl.1

Fixed it!!!! finally.   They told me to use the wrong Assistant 2 so I found the Ronin2 assistant instead of the one they told me I should use.  All good

Thanks!
2018-8-4
Use props
fanscdfacd3e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1128091 ft
Poland

Hi! Does anyone connect DJI master wheels with DJI inspire 2?
2018-8-28
Use props
fans3a2d2b46
New

Italy

djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs Posted at 2018-8-4 08:27
Fixed it!!!! finally.   They told me to use the wrong Assistant 2 so I found the Ronin2 assistant instead of the one they told me I should use.  All good

hi sorry but i have the same issue with thwe master wheels and i cant change the cines screen could you tell me how you did solve this problem
thanks emiliano
2018-9-24
Use props
fans3a2d2b46
New

Italy

Fixed it!!!! finally.   They told me to use the wrong Assistant 2 so I found the Ronin2 assistant instead of the one they told me I should use.  All good

Hi I have the same issue could you give me the link for the proper dji assistant
I think I’m using the wrong one like you thanks Emiliano
2018-9-25
Use props
djiuser_O1odh6wTILan
New

Italy

Hi ,I still have a problem to link dji pro wireless receiver with master wheels.User guide says on activation and linking:"press and hold the link button for two second to link to a controller" very easy up to here.Then says:"You must also initiate the linking procedure on the controller".
Now I'd like to know watta f***k I have to do to initiate the linking procedure on the controller, in which way can I initiate linking procedure on the controller?
is there anybody out there so kind to help me please?
thanks a lot in advance

2018-10-16
Use props
Alex D Sala
New

Spain

djiuser_O1odh6wTILan Posted at 10-16 11:25
Hi ,I still have a problem to link dji pro wireless receiver with master wheels.User guide says on activation and linking:"press and hold the link button for two second to link to a controller" very easy up to here.Then says:"You must also initiate the linking procedure on the controller".
Now I'd like to know watta f***k I have to do to initiate the linking procedure on the controller, in which way can I initiate linking procedure on the controller?
is there anybody out there so kind to help me please?thanks a lot in advance

HI! u solved?? i've the same problem!! thanks
2018-12-27
Use props
LUMINARIO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169925 ft
United States

try and call DJI Burbank - basically your menu is set to chinese and needs to be set to English - can you go thru the menu?
2019-8-8
Use props
LUMINARIO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169925 ft
United States

djiuser_O1odh6wTILan Posted at 2018-10-16 11:25
Hi ,I still have a problem to link dji pro wireless receiver with master wheels.User guide says on activation and linking:"press and hold the link button for two second to link to a controller" very easy up to here.Then says:"You must also initiate the linking procedure on the controller".
Now I'd like to know watta f***k I have to do to initiate the linking procedure on the controller, in which way can I initiate linking procedure on the controller?
is there anybody out there so kind to help me please?thanks a lot in advance

basically link the controller to the master wheels by binding that controller with master wheels - its not absolutely necessary but you get better reception with controller
2019-8-8
Use props
djiuser_bkjGTughBbKK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_NIA4M9vm2OHs Posted at 2018-8-3 20:54
So, I got a new set of MASTER WHEELS to replace the old ones and I have the same issue as before. I cannot get past the screen in Chinese that only says in English:  Assistant 2.  I have the assistant2 installed in my macbook and I have connected the Master Wheels to the macbook via a USB-C cable that was provided.  Nothing happens.  Customer Service is useless.

I saw your video but my question is how did you get past the first screen in Chinese? What I saw in your video is your control screen already working.  I cant get past that. Did you have the same issue?

Hey how did you get passed first screen? Thanks
2020-8-29
Use props
Rothercam
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Fixed it!!!! finally.   They told me to use the wrong Assistant 2 so I found the Ronin2 assistant instead of the one they told me I should use.  All good

thanks for this,
please can you  tell me where you found the ronin 2 assistant, i cannot see it or it wont let me download it...
thanks in advance
2022-1-14
Use props
Rothercam
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Rothercam Posted at 1-14 10:01
thanks for this,
please can you  tell me where you found the ronin 2 assistant, i cannot see it or it wont let me download it...
thanks in advance

hey,
with some help from becky in dji i got this sorted. Every piece of kit from dji needs activated it seems. To activate the master wheels you need a windows computer with windows 7,8,9 on it they havent updated the apple software since 2019 i believe! plug the computer into your master wheels after downloading with this link

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/master-wheels

you need a usbc to usb which should be in the kit

the activation process is simple after this. follow video above to change the language

the ronin 2 and wireless receiver also need activated through this app. Ensure everything is on the same firmware and it should be straightforward.

good luck!
2022-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules