HELP*** My 2.4 GHZ Connector Pin came out of the board. Need help...
787 6 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gamer-X
New

Pakistan

I ordered the ARGtek Signal Booster for P3S so I can go further.

Installation required to open the controller and replace the default Antenna. When I tried to pull antenna cables from the 2.4 GHZ the UFL connector cam out with the Antenna Cable. It seems like the Warranty is void.

DJI doesn't sell replacement antenna parts for P3S, but they will sell a new Controller for $139 and shipping.

Can we work out a way to replace the UFL connector??

2018-7-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I recommend you chalk it up to experience.  Lots of people have done the same thing you've done including myself.  If you want to be serious about your hobby, then you need to replace the controller, or possibly replace the module with a used module from a good used controller.  You could try gluing the connection back on but you'll never really know for sure whether it's a solid connection and a solid connection is extremely important when dealing with RF.  And even if you're successful, you may have troubles down the road and you won't know for sure whether they stem from that connection.  Best thing is spend the money and replace the controller or module now.  MHO.

There are two ways to do mods.  1)  Perfect.  2)  Better than perfect.  

Anything less is a waste of time.  

Next time, after you are sure you've cut away all the silicone, grab that head with a pair of needle nose pliers, twist it left and right so you know it's free and loose from the silicone, then pull it straight up.  It will come right off and leave the board undamaged.

Good luck

2018-7-17
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

You can find phantom 3 standard rc controllers on eBay for $50 or $60

2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for what happened. Do you have a picture or video showing the problem?
2018-7-18
Use props
fans6cdbdd2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35515 ft
United States

I have a never used 3 Standard Controler!
2018-7-19
Use props
fans6cdbdd2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35515 ft
United States

I’m sure you know this but I found out by experience a lot of the “DJI” items on eBay aren’t real DJI equipment or have already been opened and mods attempted.
2018-7-19
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

fans6cdbdd2b Posted at 2018-7-19 05:41
I’m sure you know this but I found out by experience a lot of the “DJI” items on eBay aren’t real DJI equipment or have already been opened and mods attempted.

"caveat emptor"
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules