Mavic Video Image Jump Issue (still)
1028 7 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

My Mavic Platinum Pro video jumps at the end of a gimbal tilt (up or down) while also yawing, every time. You can see (and hear) the drone hesitate in its yaw action when this happens. Thought this was a gimbal issue, and had drone replaced with a new one. Same issue with brand new drone, but more experimentation showed that the drone actually hesitates during its yaw when gimbal tilt action ends on RC. Does not seem to be a faulty gimbal after all. You can replicate this at 4 feet altitude (and see/hear it) as shown in the following video (Password is mavicpro).

https://vimeo.com/shanetaylor/mavicpro2

Can anyone else replicate this? This issue ruined a lot of my footage on a recent trip to Iceland, and even after receiving a brand new drone replacement, the issue still exists. I can't be this unlucky. It basically makes the Mavic Pro useless for serious cinematography (unless you don't need to yaw and tilt at the same time ).

My aircraft firmware is v01.04.0300 (with RC, batts, and Go4app at consistent level).

2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, would you mind uploading the video via google drive or dropbox so that we can check it for you? I would suggest updating the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 with your computer then re-calibrate the gimbal to see if there will be changes. Thank you.
2018-7-18
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

I guess I can, but can you not view the video link above on Vimeo? I did not yet want to upgrade the firmware to the latest yet, because of issues other users have been experiencing (since, as I understand it, DJI won't let us downgrade when there are issues with new FW). I did upgrade the new craft to be consistent with all the other parts, to the previous version however. I'm really just wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue, or is it just limited to the two aircraft that I've had in my hands. The other possibility I thought of last night is perhaps it is the RC? Other than the FW, it is the only other common denominator. Can the RC gimbal control be sending something that affects the yaw momentarily? As I mentioned, this only occurs when you END a gimbal tilt control movement WHILE yawing the aircraft. I will try to upload a video showing the drone while flying as well as the control movements I am making at the time, other than just what the camera is showing (in the above video).

Let me know if you still can't view the vimeo link above and I'll see if I can get it on dropbox.

Thanks,
Shane
2018-7-18
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

OK, so I've created another video of the drone in flight to illustrate the issue described above. In the video you can clearly see and HEAR the drone hesitate its YAW motion whenever the gimbal tilt control is returned to neutral. I show the drone in several configurations, as well as the actions being taken on the RC to make this happen. Basically, as described, I am only yawing in either direction, and tilting the gimbal up or down, and whenever I return the gimbal tilt control to neutral WHILE yawing, the drone hesitates it yaw motion. THIS is causing a jump in the image on any video taken under such control circumstances.

Again, the password is mavicpro. The video is here:

https://vimeo.com/shanetaylor/mavicpro3
2018-7-18
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
2018-7-21
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-18 13:14
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, would you mind uploading the video via google drive or dropbox so that we can check it for you? I would suggest updating the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 with your computer then re-calibrate the gimbal to see if there will be changes. Thank you.

Were you able to see the two videos I posted on vimeo. If so, any idea on how to overcome this issue? Also, is anybody else seeing such behavior?
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GrizzlyAK Posted at 2018-8-6 12:27
Were you able to see the two videos I posted on vimeo. If so, any idea on how to overcome this issue? Also, is anybody else seeing such behavior?

Hi, sorry for the late response. Would you mind re-downloading the video via google drive or dropbox? Please hit "Reply" when the link is ready for me to be notified. Thank you.
2018-8-6
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-6 13:36
Hi, sorry for the late response. Would you mind re-downloading the video via google drive or dropbox? Please hit "Reply" when the link is ready for me to be notified. Thank you.

Geez, why can't you guys view YouTube or Vimeo???

Here's the link to the videos in Dropbox as requested.

Videos Folder on Dropbox
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules