1324 11 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnTB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35187 ft
South Africa

Hi all,

Please can you describe how I do a RC firmware refresh.

Thanks
John.
2018-7-18
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Here you go Buddy !

2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, I would like to clarify if you're trying refresh the firmware of your RC with our DJI Assistant 2? If yes, unfortunately, the RC of the spark cannot be used in DJI Assistant 2 only the drone, however, if you're having an issue with your spark kindly keep us posted so that we can help you right away.
2018-7-18
Use props
JohnTB
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-18 16:55
Hi, thanks for the inquiry, I would like to clarify if you're trying refresh the firmware of your RC with our DJI Assistant 2? If yes, unfortunately, the RC of the spark cannot be used in DJI Assistant 2 only the drone, however, if you're having an issue with your spark kindly keep us posted so that we can help you right away.

Hi Tony,

Yes, I'm having quite a few problems.

1. I am not able to enter intelligent flight modes (IFM) while using the RC. Nor do I have the option in settings to "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes". But when I fly without the RC (i.e. my phone [iPhone 7] connected directly to the AC) I have no problem entering IFM.

2. I frequently experience "No/Weak Transmission Signal" while flying in open areas. This happens typically when the AC is about 80-85m away.

The suggestion I have had from Spark Pilots Forum is to uninstall and re-install everything. I have managed to delete and re-install dji Go4 app and reset AC to factory defaults and refresh the firmware for the AC, but battling with the RC.

Hope you can help!!
2018-7-18
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

Hi JohnTB,
The reason you can't see intelligent flight modes might be if your remote has the sport switch on. Make sure it is off. Those sort of distances are what you would expect from just your phone, you should be getting much further with your rc. You have checked that you are connecting things the right way? ie turn rc on turn ac on, wait for green light on remote. Connect phone to rc thru wifi. Make sure your phone is connected to the rc, not the ac. Start DJI Go 4 app. Hope this helps.
2018-7-18
Use props
JohnTB
lvl.1
South Africa

Greg Glasson Posted at 2018-7-18 23:35
Hi JohnTB,
The reason you can't see intelligent flight modes might be if your remote has the sport switch on. Make sure it is off. Those sort of distances are what you would expect from just your phone, you should be getting much further with your rc. You have checked that you are connecting things the right way? ie turn rc on turn ac on, wait for green light on remote. Connect phone to rc thru wifi. Make sure your phone is connected to the rc, not the ac. Start DJI Go 4 app. Hope this helps.

Thanks Greg. Done everything exactly as you describe. Incidentally, one of my other problems is that I am not able to enter Sport mode. Flipping the switch does nothing!
2018-7-18
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

Sorry it didn't work. Think you have a dud unit. Send it back to DJI and get them to fix it. You shouldn't be having these problems. My Spark worked straight out of the box and that's what you should expect too. Good luck John
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JohnTB Posted at 2018-7-18 23:28
Hi Tony,

Yes, I'm having quite a few problems.

Hi, thanks for the response, did you manage to update your RC and aircraft? did you try to, however, you aircraft at least 5ft to see if there will be an icon to access the Intelligent flight modes and for Weak Transmission Signal, did you change the frequency or select channel as well? I would suggest flying your aircraft in an open area and re-calibrate the IMU and compass.  
2018-7-19
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

A general guideline to update to the latest firmwres on both SPARK and RC are that the DJI GO4 app has to be latest version  and then carry out  the firmware updates. I successfully updated both the device firmwares simultaneously without any failures !
2018-7-19
Use props
JohnTB
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-19 08:38
Hi, thanks for the response, did you manage to update your RC and aircraft? did you try to, however, you aircraft at least 5ft to see if there will be an icon to access the Intelligent flight modes and for Weak Transmission Signal, did you change the frequency or select channel as well? I would suggest flying your aircraft in an open area and re-calibrate the IMU and compass.

Hi Tony,

I have updated the RC and AC to latest firmware. I am still not able to enter intelligent flight modes. My frequency is 5.8GHz when I get the weak transmissions signals. I am flying my AC in an open area. I have calibrated the IMU and compass several times, and definitely before each time I fly.

What more can I do? I really do suspect it is a hardware error - there is something wrong with my RC.

Regards
John
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JohnTB Posted at 2018-7-21 04:12
Hi Tony,

I have updated the RC and AC to latest firmware. I am still not able to enter intelligent flight modes. My frequency is 5.8GHz when I get the weak transmissions signals. I am flying my AC in an open area. I have calibrated the IMU and compass several times, and definitely before each time I fly.

Hi, sorry for the late response, if we already exhausted the troubleshooting steps I would suggest contacting our support to send it into our repair facility for further evaluation. Kindly see the link below.

www.dji.com/service
2018-7-22
Use props
JohnTB
lvl.1
South Africa

Thanks Tony.
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now