1551 21 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

New Beta released yesterday now shows the camera settings in the VR view  making it easy to change settings with the right wheel. I've been  begging for this for over a year....                                                

2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, we can't speak on behalf of Litchi app because it is not our software. Kindly use the official app instead. If you have concern about your DJI product, we are happy to help you. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-7-19
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-19 01:38
Hi there, we can't speak on behalf of Litchi app because it is not our software. Kindly use the official app instead. If you have concern about your DJI product, we are happy to help you. Thanks for your understanding.

I was commenting about the software not asking DJI for anything. But since you brought it up I could only wish DJIGO4 was as good as Litchi. :-)
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-7-19 01:50
I was commenting about the software not asking DJI for anything. But since you brought it up I could only wish DJIGO4 was as good as Litchi. :-)

Hello. Rest assured that we will keep improving our app to provide more option to our Customer. Thank you for your support.
2018-7-19
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also I understand DJI want's to sell goggles but why can't they provide a VR mode in their app?
2018-7-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-7-19 21:21
Also I understand DJI want's to sell goggles but why can't they provide a VR mode in their app?

Now i got curious, are the goggles able to display a different picture from one eye to the other, i didn't know. If not, then how does this VR mode show/what's the difference from non VR mode?
2018-7-20
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-20 03:39
Now i got curious, are the goggles able to display a different picture from one eye to the other, i didn't know. If not, then how does this VR mode show/what's the difference from non VR mode?

VR Mode splits thr screen into 2 parts  like other VR videos
2018-7-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-7-20 18:24
VR Mode splits thr screen into 2 parts  like other VR videos

Yes i see now, it is able to expand an image using both the displays as one big screen, i was not aware of that.

The way i understand VR, can you tell me if you are able to watch the below image as such, filling the whole view? If so, what do you think of a result like this view as VR?

VR test, farm in Odsherred, Denmark

VR test, farm in Odsherred, Denmark

2018-7-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-21 04:25
Yes i see now, it is able to expand an image using both the displays as one big screen, i was not aware of that.

The way i understand VR, can you tell me if you are able to watch the below image as such, filling the whole view? If so, what do you think of a result like this view as VR?

I love the Litchi VR View. I bought and tried DJI goggles and didn't like them at all. Could be I was just used to the VR look which by the way is hundreds cheaper.
2018-7-22
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-21 04:25
Yes i see now, it is able to expand an image using both the displays as one big screen, i was not aware of that.

Yes that is how it is done. VR mode is pretty cool. Be careful though if you are trying to fly around in tight, small areas it can make you very dizzy.
2018-7-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-7-22 10:25
I love the Litchi VR View. I bought and tried DJI goggles and didn't like them at all. Could be I was just used to the VR look which by the way is hundreds cheaper.

I bought a pair of the white DJI last summer, but having the + that back then only was supported by the HDMI view combined with trouble to get a sharp view, even with different glasses did that i returned them again within a day.
I have tried VR goggles of the type where the mobile get put into, costing less than 3$, but having better adjustments than the DJI goggle, it just don't have the high resolution.

From some of the early V2.0 threads i was reading that you also did return the DJI ones as being incompatible at that time, what are you using now with Litchi?
2018-7-25
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-25 10:21
I bought a pair of the white DJI last summer, but having the + that back then only was supported by the HDMI view combined with trouble to get a sharp view, even with different glasses did that i returned them again within a day.
I have tried VR goggles of the type where the mobile get put into, costing less than 3$, but having better adjustments than the DJI goggle, it just don't have the high resolution.

VR Goggles with an Iphone 7 plus
2018-7-26
Use props
Rogozhin75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10774 ft
United States

Shoot, I bought the DJI goggles (refurb'd for $279), they actually fit over my giant head and glasses very well, but I haven't used them yet.  I'm a litchi guy (with a P4P).  You can't use the DJI goggles with Litchi?
2018-7-26
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rogozhin75 Posted at 2018-7-26 10:38
Shoot, I bought the DJI goggles (refurb'd for $279), they actually fit over my giant head and glasses very well, but I haven't used them yet.  I'm a litchi guy (with a P4P).  You can't use the DJI goggles with Litchi?

I don't believe so.
2018-7-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tried the litchi vr with my note 3, absolute pants for me, kept breaking up and pixelating, yet i could run the DJI Go 4 app and screen record at the same time without any issues, so not sure what was going on with litchi vr, i also tried the fatshark, pants too, so i got the dji white's and they are brill, dont fly without them now
2018-7-27
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I use an Iphone.
2018-7-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My commiserations
2018-7-28
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

What do i need except for a phone and Litchi, for VR to work?
2018-7-29
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-29 08:22
What do i need except for a phone and Litchi, for VR to work?

Just the drone that's it...
2018-7-29
Use props
couchie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161499 ft
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-7-29 09:16
Just the drone that's it...

I too use the Litchi app with VR. I use an old iPhone 6S in a cheap pair of VR goggles. Works VERY well!

I'm still trying to slow down on my head tilting/tilting the camera. I tend to move my head to fast and it makes the video choppy when moving the camera. Not the apps fault, purely mine!
2018-7-29
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

couchie Posted at 2018-7-29 10:01
I too use the Litchi app with VR. I use an old iPhone 6S in a cheap pair of VR goggles. Works VERY well!

I'm still trying to slow down on my head tilting/tilting the camera. I tend to move my head to fast and it makes the video choppy when moving the camera. Not the apps fault, purely mine!

I turn off that head tilting thing...
2018-7-29
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Ahhh, vr goggles. The drone i have.
2018-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now