Phantom 3 Advanced motors won't start
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Austringer
lvl.1
South Africa

Good day all,

while attempting to execute mission flying occasionally the motors won't start at take-off.

Even though I use Litchi for these flights, the DJI GO app. showed it is an ESC error.

I requested the 1.11.0030 firmware and upgraded the aircraft. The symptoms persisted with aircraft LED status showing 4 short green flashes followed by 2 long red flashes. This is a combination of status LEDs not ex-plained in the user manual. After one of the aircraft restarts that status never exited "Turning on and self -diagnostic testing" and remained in this status while emitting the startup beep-beep sound.

Does my P3A's motherboard need relacement?
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Just to clarify, did you get this ESC error after a firmware update or hard landing? How long have you had this unit?  Can you please upload here the screenshot of the error message? By the way, we don't recommend using a 3rd party app because it may affect the performance of your drone.
2018-7-19
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

There is nothing wrong with the Litchi app my friend. I use it also almost 80% of my flying.
2018-7-19
Use props
Austringer
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-19 06:39
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Just to clarify, did you get this ESC error after a firmware update or hard landing? How long have you had this unit?  Can you please upload here the screenshot of the error message? By the way, we don't recommend using a 3rd party app because it may affect the performance of your drone.

Hi @DJI Paladin,

the ESC error was received before the firmware upgrade in DJI GO. It basically said restart aircraft and if problem persists contact DJI Support. I have never done a hard landing and the drone has probably worked much less hours than the average user since it was purchased August 2015.

After the firmware upgrade the following error is produced in DJI GO. Please also keep in mind my first message that symptoms alternate after restarts now.

2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Austringer Posted at 2018-7-19 22:54
Hi @DJI Paladin,

the ESC error was received before the firmware upgrade in DJI GO. It basically said restart aircraft and if problem persists contact DJI Support. I have never done a hard landing and the drone has probably worked much less hours than the average user since it was purchased August 2015.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact our support team to start a ticket and send the drone in for a thorough diagnosis. Our team will help to check which parts need to be repaired and will take care of it. Kindly use this link: (http://www.dji.com/support). Thank you for your understanding.
2018-7-20
Use props
Austringer
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-20 05:56
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact our support team to start a ticket and send the drone in for a thorough diagnosis. Our team will help to check which parts need to be repaired and will take care of it. Kindly use this link: (http://www.dji.com/support). Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks Paladin,

however no service centre in my country exists and since this P3A belongs to a government organisation sending overseas will be an issue for repairs.

2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules