Goodbye
3493 38 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Username132
lvl.1

United States

Due to DJI shipping policy requiring a signature and not allowing pick-up from a FedEx location, DJI will be getting their package back, and I will be getting my credit-card reimbursed.

I can see requiring a signature, but not allowing CUSTOMERS to go pick up their packages from from FedEx and signing?  Sad.

DJI has their policy, and they'll soon have another package in their inventory.

2018-7-20
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm in the US and I have the same problem with FedEx deliveries. If you have a safe place to drop packages at your home, you can ask FedEx to drop them like this.
2018-7-20
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

msinger Posted at 2018-7-20 15:28
I'm in the US and I have the same problem with FedEx deliveries. If you have a safe place to drop packages at your home, you can ask FedEx to drop them like this.

Doesn't work - DJI specified noooooo-exceptions; the door tag specifically has the signature panel marked VOID
The boxes checked are "Someone must be present"; "A signature has been requested from someone at this address"; A signature has been requested from someone over 21 over at this address"

Spoke with FedEx and they want to help, but the way DJI put it in the system locks them out from making any changes.  FedEx apologized repeatedly.

I'm fine with it, it really speaks to DJIs customer service when they lock their contracted shippers out from trying to assist DJI customers.

Think about it - if you were (say) 19 with a credit card - you wouldn't be able to sign for your own package and if you work for a living, you can't receive your package.

2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_ZLjdzO49Gaij
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21152 ft
United States

Best Buy= no fedex
2018-7-20
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

and who do you have to deal with for warranty and repairs?  it's not an issue with the carrier, its the shipper.

this thread is going to go the way of Winnie the Poo
2018-7-20
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Username132 Posted at 2018-7-20 16:00
Doesn't work - DJI specified noooooo-exceptions; the door tag specifically has the signature panel marked VOID
The boxes checked are "Someone must be present"; "A signature has been requested from someone at this address"; A signature has been requested from someone over 21 over at this address"

If you look at your package tracking information on FedEx's website, does it show "Indirect signature required”? If so, someone does not have to sign in person. You can leave a door tag.
2018-7-20
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

msinger Posted at 2018-7-20 17:37
If you look at your package tracking information on FedEx's website, does it show "Indirect signature required”? If so, someone does not have to sign in person. You can leave a door tag.

I realize you're just trying to be helpful,  but your link on how to fill out the door tag along with my description of the checked boxes and the sig panel being marked VOID on my door tag,  as well as my description of the discussion I had with FedEx pretty much say's it all.

2018-7-20
Use props
atl78
lvl.2
United States

Username132 Posted at 2018-7-20 16:57
and who do you have to deal with for warranty and repairs?  it's not an issue with the carrier, its the shipper.

You will still get the manufacturer warranty through DJI if you buy from BestBuy. You would be able to send it to the DJI repair facility if needed. You can also buy DJI Care Refresh through the app within 48 hours of activating it.
2018-7-20
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

atl78 Posted at 2018-7-20 19:38
You will still get the manufacturer warranty through DJI if you buy from BestBuy. You would be able to send it to the DJI repair facility if needed. You can also buy DJI Care Refresh through the app within 48 hours of activating it.

I didn't know this. Great information!
2018-7-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always buy from an official reseller in person in your local area
2018-7-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Username132 Posted at 2018-7-20 18:30
I realize you're just trying to be helpful,  but your link on how to fill out the door tag along with my description of the checked boxes and the sig panel being marked VOID  on my door tag,  as well as my description of the discussion I had with FedEx pretty much say's it all.

Got it. I've ordered many things from DJI and the signature requirement was always marked as "Indirect signature required" on my FedEx package tracking page. This door tag trick only works when indirect signatures are accepted.

What is the signature requirement on your FedEx package tracking page? (just curious)
2018-7-21
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

msinger Posted at 2018-7-21 02:30
Got it. I've ordered many things from DJI and the signature requirement was always marked as "Indirect signature required" on my FedEx package tracking page. This door tag trick only works when indirect signatures are accepted.

What is the signature requirement on your FedEx package tracking page? (just curious)

Note the scheduled delivery date has been updated
Capture2.JPG
2018-7-21
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

atl78 Posted at 2018-7-20 19:38

Sorry I wasn't clear, but having to deal with the manufacture for warranty doesn't mitigate the problem because I would need to contact and ship the product to them for repair and I would have the same problem I am experiencing now trying to get the repaired product back.  It's a lose lose proposition.

on top of that, a "local reseller" (best buy, etc) would cost me an additional 10% up front.
2018-7-21
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Username132 Posted at 2018-7-21 03:35
Sorry I wasn't clear, but having to deal with the manufacture for warranty doesn't mitigate the problem because I would need to contact and ship the product to them for repair and I would have the same problem I am experiencing now trying to get the repaired product back.  It's a lose lose proposition.

on top of that, a "local reseller" (best buy, etc) would cost me an additional 10% up front.

You need to see if your place of work or a stay at home friend would allow your DJI return from service.

That is what I had to do.
You do not have to have YOUR address on the receiving end.

When I found out about the over 21 required signature with the ability to make changes locked out, I put in my work address for the next service I had.

No issues.
"someone" I knew signed for it.
2018-7-21
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-21 04:01
You need to see if your place of work or a stay at home friend would allow your DJI return from service.

I'm glad you were able to accommodate DJi. I feel the DJi should be more accommodating and should have explicitly stated the restrictions up front. I would have made the decision to not have made the purchase.
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-21 04:01

Agree with PMShop. Good Idea.
2018-7-21
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>

Username132 Posted at 2018-7-21 04:26
I'm glad you were able to accommodate DJi. I feel the DJi should be more accommodating and should have explicitly stated the restrictions up front. I would have made the decision to not have made the purchase.

They just want to make sure you got your device back.
Yes, not being able to pick up at a FedEx location is a bit overbearing.
But there are always ways around things.
2018-7-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Username132 Posted at 2018-7-21 03:23
[view_image]

Note the scheduled delivery date has been updated

"Adult signature required" definitely requires an in person signature (unfortunately). It would be nice if DJI set up their shipping in a way that allowed the packages to be rerouted to a FedEx store. That's what I used to do a few years ago back when that option was allowed.
2018-7-21
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-21 05:50
They just want to make sure you got your device back.
Yes, not being able to pick up at a FedEx location is a bit overbearing.
But there are always ways around things.

I don't know what their motivation is - but they failed to make these restrictions clear and now the package is locked in a loop at FedEx and DJI won't contact FedEx to return the package - meaning my money is in limbo (DJI somehow believes that even though I can't be available to receive the package, I can be there to tell the driver to take it back; FedEx customer support cannot seem to do it by me calling and telling them to do so) - I have a complaint in with PayPal, but a complaint can take 20 business days before they actively get involved.

So, it seems, there are not "always ways" around "things".
2018-7-23
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Wow! I'm shocked DJI wouldn't work with you. What did DJI customer service say?
2018-7-24
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-7-24 04:33
Wow! I'm shocked DJI wouldn't work with you. What did DJI customer service say?

They are clueless -

They told me that their "designated team" has forwarded the information to stop the shipment - which is not true - I finally got FedEx to take my refusal over the phone

FedEx expects to return the shipment by NEXT MONDAY.

DJI says it will take them 3-5 days AFTER they receive the shipment to verify it (verify what?)
then it will take 5-14 working days  to refund -and PayPal another 5-14 days. and then she thanked me for supporting DJI and as a final touch "we wish you all the best in life."

My response: No - I never received the package, you are still in legal possession of the package and there's nothing to verify - I filed an incident with PayPal.

They "humbly ask" that I close the PayPal dispute; I said "No", I can get the charges reversed much more quickly
2018-7-24
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Wow! I'm truly shocked DJI took this attitude. DJI makes the best drones on the market! Maybe purchase from Amazon or Ebay instead? I hate for you to buy any other Drone than DJI.
Sorry! Fixed typo.

Aaron

DroneShowBann1.png
2018-7-24
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

I'd agree;
Purchased mine from Amazon - was actually not direct from Amazon but reseller through them.  Arrived in 3 days no issue.  Same or better pricing than DJI's website. Stock (lava red) available.
Brand new retail packaging - DJI full warranty; no issues with registering or purchasing the DJI Care package either.

Purchased my portable charging station from DJI direct; no issues with that order as well.   Matter of fact UPS left it at my doorstep with no one home.

I'd suspect you could get the same from local resellers (BestBuy/etc) but I agree that I wouldn't want to pay the markup either.
2018-7-24
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

AC5FF Posted at 2018-7-24 12:11
I'd agree;
Purchased mine from Amazon - was actually not direct from Amazon but reseller through them.  Arrived in 3 days no issue.  Same or better pricing than DJI's website. Stock (lava red) available.
Brand new retail packaging - DJI full warranty; no issues with registering or purchasing the DJI Care package either.

So, it gets worse. DJI received the package on Monday and is going to "refund" the purchase; not reverse the charge but "refund".   

I found that even though I paid through PayPal, BOA slapped m with a $15.00 foreign transaction fee - again there was no message from either DJI or PayPal that I was transacting with a foreign entity.   

I've purchased foreign goods through eBay (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mainland China, Belfast Ireland, England etcetera) and have never been slapped with a foreign transaction fee.  I've even made purchases not through eBay or PayPal and not been charged foreign transaction fees.

My bet, is because this is a refund and not a reversal of the charges, I will be slapped with another $15.00 transaction fee.

Buyer beware.
2018-8-1
Use props
uas-spark-far
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60279 ft
United States

you should update the shipping address to your work address, if you can
2018-8-1
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>

Username132 Posted at 2018-8-1 16:11
So, it gets worse. DJI received the package on Monday and is going to "refund" the purchase; not reverse the charge but "refund".   

I found that even though I paid through PayPal, BOA slapped m with a $15.00 foreign transaction fee - again there was no message from either DJI or PayPal that I was transacting with a foreign entity.   

I have no idea what that "forign transaction fee" BS is from BoA but they have been hounding me too since March this year. I have purchased tons of parts for my home made drones since February 2015 and never got slapped with this fee until this past March.
With my prior service in the armed forces, I rate to be a member of USAA.
Might just do that.

SO back to the original story which I think I misunderstood...this is the initial purchase of the Spark from the DJI online store and not a repair???

2018-8-1
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

uas-spark-far Posted at 2018-8-1 16:16
you should update the shipping address to your work address, if you can

Don't you think that DJI should have put up a big warning stating that they had potentially insurmountable shipping restrictions?  

Also, not everyone works for a company that would allow them to receive packages; not everyone would be able to jump away from the work they were doing to go sign for a FedEx package , or bring packages into their place of work.
2018-8-1
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-8-1 16:22
I have no idea what that "forign transaction fee" BS is from BoA but they have been hounding me too since March this year. I have purchased tons of parts for my home made drones since February 2015 and never got slapped with this fee until this past March.
Might just do that.

Yes  

-------
2018-8-1
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-8-1 16:22
Might just do that.

and the foreign transaction fee is because you are dealing directly with DJI, which is a Chinese company - apparently doing business directly from China and not what you probably expect - ".com" and shipping out of Georgia, Florida or California; they're billing as SAIKORON LLC, which appears to be a logistics company out of China but registered in California.

If you contact support, you'll notice any email reply has a line in Chinese, which , when translated to English states that you should type "below this line". Support personnel are using some sort of Chinese English name translator to  make their names seem more  "english like" (think of the support techs out of India where their names are strangely Americanized where Rashesh becomes Robert).
2018-8-1
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Username132 Posted at 2018-7-20 16:57

If you get it from best buy they have an option to get geek squad repair plan at a low cost of $350. (seriously its crazy yo) other than that, within 14 days I think you can return it but after that its between you and DJI.
2018-8-1
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

There is a trade war between China and America today ...
2018-8-2
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>

SO back to the original story which I think I misunderstood...this is the initial purchase of the Spark from the DJI online store and not a repair???
2018-8-2
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-8-2 02:46

Yes
-------
2018-8-2
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear you have to send your Spark back.  I too had a simular issue here in Canada but i contacted DJI as soon as the package shipped and emailed their support email address. they then proceeded to contact fedex to have my parcel held for pickup.  I also contacted Fedex to advise them to hold for pickup.  I followed this process twice with no issues.  i don't think this is a DJI issue, but a FedEx issue based on their contract terms.  At least that is what i've been told
2018-8-2
Use props
fans1bf85b1e
lvl.1

They’ll do just fine without your business. Bye.
2018-8-2
Use props
Username132
lvl.1

United States

fans1bf85b1e Posted at 2018-8-2 09:59
They’ll do just fine without your business. Bye.

Did I offend you?
2018-8-2
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Something not published

Higher volume Shippers have fairly good relationships with their carriers.  If there has been any/multiple delivery issues into that neighborhood, then there are records, and those lead to SPECIFIC SIGNATURE REQUIREMENTS.

There are reports that can be accessed by the shipper showing exceptions to deliveries, including scammed delivery points within a zipcode.

Randy  
2018-8-2
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-2 13:21
Something not published

Higher volume Shippers have fairly good relationships with their carriers.  If there has been any/multiple delivery issues into that neighborhood, then there are records, and those lead to SPECIFIC SIGNATURE REQUIREMENTS.

That is not the case.
DJI has set their shipping contractors for signature required, no exceptions.
DJI wants to make sure that you get the product.
While I agree on their motives, DJI need to let us waive that right if we so choose.

OP saw this on the initial purchase from DJI.
I see it every time I have a repair.
2018-8-2
Use props
maddox
Captain

sad to hear that good luck
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules