no fpv
406 9 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ezBcngOd0ZEG
lvl.1
Australia

Hi  Guys and Gals, have only just got my Mavic Pro and having a few issues with it, the FPV image goes to colour when I first start off and the moment I take off it goes to black and white and the image pixellates and most of the time it just shows a black and white image of the moment before I take off (ie the ground ) I do get a RC signal lost message and asks if I would like to return to home, all the time it is about 10 ft away. Have tried different cables and 2 different tablets and also my phone ( S4 Samsung ) but they are all the same, ( my-be all to old? ) Both tablets are Samsung and about 2 years old. Any help would be appreciated. PS I am not very good with tecno gadgets, hence most of the problem I think.

2018-7-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, post few pictures and a video and which FW are you on. Second try using IOS to see if there is any difference.
2018-7-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I think you're right your devices may be to old.
2018-7-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft

Downgrade the app to 4.2.16. The latest app is really problematic.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear that. Can you upload a video on this issue?  You can use google drive or drop-box for you to upload it here.  You can also try to use  a different mobile device to isolate the issue. Kindly check the compatible devices below.
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_ezBcngOd0ZEG
lvl.1
Australia

Hey thanks alot people, not very good at electronics and all help was appreciated. To the person that said the phone and or tablets may be to old, spot on, tried my daughters Samsung Note 8 and all worked great. have now ordered the same and hope to be up and flying soon, will be perfect for my hunting trips.
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_ezBcngOd0ZEG
lvl.1
Australia

Woe Posted at 2018-7-20 20:00
I think you're right your devices may be to old.

Hey Woe, thanks for the help, you were spot on and I have now upgraded to a new phone the same as my daughters and it seems to be perfect. Thanks again.
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_ezBcngOd0ZEG
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-21 08:31
Hi, I'm really sorry to hear that. Can you upload a video on this issue?  You can use google drive or drop-box for you to upload it here.  You can also try to use  a different mobile device to isolate the issue. Kindly check the compatible devices below.
[view_image]

Tried my daughters Note 8 and it works perfectly, can't wait to fly on the hunting trips and spot the pigs from above
2018-7-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_ezBcngOd0ZEG Posted at 2018-7-21 20:57
Hey Woe, thanks for the help, you were spot on and I have now upgraded to a new phone the same as my daughters and it seems to be perfect. Thanks again.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing your work.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ezBcngOd0ZEG Posted at 2018-7-21 20:59
Tried my daughters Note 8 and it works perfectly, can't wait to fly on the hunting trips and spot the pigs from above

Hi, glad to know that you were able to fix the issue via upgrading the device, I would suggest doing a pre-flight checklist, ensure that the firmware is up to date and GPS signal should be enough, 18 or more is recommended then avoid flying your aircraft in a hazardous environment to avoid interruption of connection.
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules