Controller Steady Beeping
26989 8 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jabokennel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251142 ft
United States

I received my second P3P last night, first one would not calibrate compass, and updated firmware in both Phantom and Controller. When I booted the controller, it beeps loudly and flashes a red light. Even after I boot the Phantom. I am using android app 1.1.0 After the warm up, when I move the sticks, the beeping quits and it flies. Its just that the beeping, very loudly, is very annoying and getting complaints from everyone around. My first one did not beep like this. How can I make it stop, other than turning it off. I communicated with DJI on line for about an hour last night, and they were really no help.
2015-5-22
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Everytime you restarted and tried the RC would beep and LED flashed red?
It means that the sticks are not at centre position. Did you calibrate the RC?
2015-5-22
Use props
jabokennel
lvl.2
United States

Yes I did a imu calibration and stick calibration. I just noticed that when I start the RC, if I move the sticks all around, the beeping will stop. Should I do another stick configuration?
2015-5-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jabokennel Posted at 2015-5-22 20:26
Yes I did a imu calibration and stick calibration. I just noticed that when I start the RC, if I mov ...

After so many minutes of inactivity of the sticks, the controller will start beeping.  Just move a stick and it will quit.
2015-5-22
Use props
jabokennel
lvl.2
United States

I redid the stick calibration, and all are centered. But when I restart the RC, it still beeps, and when I look at the stick calibration, it always shows right stick down,reverse, at 1%. It does that every time that I restart the controller.
2015-5-22
Use props
Kay Louis
New

I've got the same problems with you Jabokennel, though my RC's right stick is a bit pushed inside due to a problem I encountered days a go, (brittle parts inside the RC, which loosened the screws holding the stick's assembly), I missed to properly positioned it before I placed super glue to hold it permanently.

Anyway, not sure though if this is due to sensors noticing the unbalanced positioning of the stick assembly (Is the RC having that setup?sensors?); or this is due to the FW updates on the RC; this problem occured not after the insident I had, but just after several restarts.

Hope someone could enlighten us with a solution to the problem.
2015-12-14
Use props
keith.t
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-22 08:29
After so many minutes of inactivity of the sticks, the controller will start beeping.  Just move a ...

The genius of simplicity! Many thanks - sanity saved.
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

keith.t Posted at 2016-8-15 22:49
The genius of simplicity! Many thanks - sanity saved.

Things that make the RC beep is inactivity after several minutes, RC calibration, and low battery.
2016-8-15
Use props
Fleabus
New

United States

everytime i turn the transmitter on it starts beeping LOUDLY and requires a recalibration. Its a 3 month old p4pro. Its so loud, embarrassing, and annoying I want to sell the p.o.s.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules