Distance
1066 30 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

My Mavic pro keeps stopping at about a  1,500 ft radius. I thought it had the capability to go much further.  Is there a setting or something I’m missing?
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. Sorry for the troubles, I believe you are at Beginners Mode. Kindly turn off the Beginners Mode via the app and the aircraft's sensitivity and speed will substantially increase after turning off. Thank you.
2018-7-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

There could be local interference if it is losing control but it it's just stopping you may have a distance limit set or be in beginner mode. You need to go through all your settings in the DJI Go app anyway to understand and setup things to work the way you want.
2018-7-21
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2018-7-21 12:31
There could be local interference if it is losing control but it it's just stopping you may have a distance limit set or be in beginner mode. You need to go through all your settings in the DJI Go app anyway to understand and setup things to work the way you want.

Just to add, a look at the manual would be a great idea too.
2018-7-21
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2018-7-21 12:31

Actually it seems there’s a setting to allow maximum distance. I believe that will solve it but haven’t tried yet
2018-7-21
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>
United States

From SkunkWerxs on forum post https://forum.dji.com/thread-75149-1-1.html

Fan's , I believe the settings your looking for are on the first page of the Go4 app click on the little drone icon in the setting's screen the same page you set you home point RTH altitude.
      I've had my Mavic distance 3 miles out from me and with no problems to RC and video signals --- I'm in a remote mountain area and this was done with staying under the 400ft AGL limit if I were able get more altitude I could have went further --- If your going to do something like this just make sure your Mavic and RC batteries are fully charged and all your settings are confirmed and set properly.
2018-7-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-21 12:40
Actually it seems there’s a setting to allow maximum distance. I believe that will solve it but haven’t tried yet

If it's just stopping then it's beginner mode or the max distance setting.
2018-7-22
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2018-7-22 16:18
If it's just stopping then it's beginner mode or the max distance setting.

I checked both of those.  Still happening
2018-7-22
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

If it is always happening at the same exact distance then without a doubt you are in beginners mode or have a max distance set in your app.  If you are in doubt then reinstall the app and check the settings.   Also for good reference ensure that your antennas are extended and evenly facing.  Ensure that you are pointing them towards the craft at all times.  If you are still having issue go to an extremely open field and try some more.  I can tell you without a doubt you are able to get MUCH more distance than you are now.  
2018-7-22
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-22 16:42
I checked both of those.  Still happening

Is there any message in the app? Or do it return to home?
2018-7-22
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-7-22 16:51
Is there any message in the app? Or do it return to home?

It just stops where it is and won’t go further unless I turn around. Just a msg. Visual and verbal
2018-7-22
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-22 16:46
If it is always happening at the same exact distance then without a doubt you are in beginners mode or have a max distance set in your app.  If you are in doubt then reinstall the app and check the settings.   Also for good reference ensure that your antennas are extended and evenly facing.  Ensure that you are pointing them towards the craft at all times.  If you are still having issue go to an extremely open field and try some more.  I can tell you without a doubt you are able to get MUCH more distance than you are now.

I agree.  It’s odd.  I’m in a very open field.  No problem with connecting to the drone and all settings are as they should be.  Maybe I’ll update the firmware etc
2018-7-22
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-22 16:58
I agree.  It’s odd.  I’m in a very open field.  No problem with connecting to the drone and all settings are as they should be.  Maybe I’ll update the firmware etc

Don't update until you have found the reason for this.
Upload your flight log here Phantomhelp
Info on how to on site.
2018-7-22
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-22 16:58

Forgot to ask you to post back link to your log.
2018-7-22
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-22 16:56
It just stops where it is and won’t go further unless I turn around. Just a msg. Visual and verbal

You said just a message.  Visual and Verbal.  Uh.. what does the message say?  
2018-7-22
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Dumb question here but are you sure your smart phone device is connected to the remote controller and showing as such before take off?  If there is no smart phone connected then you will get a very short distance like you are seeing.  
2018-7-22
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-22 17:10
Dumb question here but are you sure your smart phone device is connected to the remote controller and showing as such before take off?  If there is no smart phone connected then you will get a very short distance like you are seeing.

All connected. All works well other than this one issue
2018-7-22
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-22 17:09
You said just a message.  Visual and Verbal.  Uh.. what does the message say?

Don’t remember exactly but something to the effect that the drone is at its maximum distance/range
2018-7-22
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-22 18:22
Don’t remember exactly but something to the effect that the drone is at its maximum distance/range

Go to your app and change your Maximum allowed distance out.  

2018-7-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If problem continues after changing Enable Max Distance and disabling Max Distance as suggested by Brad Bilger; then upload your FlightLog file as suggested by G_Sig; and post link to output back here.
2018-7-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-22 18:40
Go to your app and change your Maximum allowed distance out.  

[view_image]

Do this and your said problem will go away!
2018-7-22
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-7-22 19:23
Do this and your said problem will go away!

So after trial and error. I have been setting  allow  max distance but the issue still occurred. I went back to the setting and sure enough it was turned off again.  It seems it’s not staying set.
2018-7-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-23 07:10
So after trial and error. I have been setting  allow  max distance but the issue still occurred. I went back to the setting and sure enough it was turned off again.  It seems it’s not staying set.

Ok...  not pointing fingers, but lemme ask you this.  

When you Click the button that enables "Distance Limit", a window on the next line will open where you set your max distance.  Have you entered a maximum distance yet?  I see that you are also from the US, and I assume that you have your measurements set for Imperial.  There are a few places that the imperial setting doesn't make it through on the Go4 App.  Maximum Flight Distance and Maximum altitude are two of them.  They have to be entered in as Metric.  (Meters)

What you might need to try is to Enable Maximum Flight Distance if you want to fly way out, set your max distance at a VERY high number.  (Max of 8000 Meters)  Try that.  

Or if I've misunderstood what you have on your screen, if you ENABLE the max distance, then whatever the default is set for will be your limit.  It might be resetting to Disable if  you don't enter a distance limit.  

Hard to tell you exactly without a screenshot.. but give this a try.  
2018-7-23
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-23 13:51
Ok...  not pointing fingers, but lemme ask you this.  

[view_image]

I think we are getting somewhere.  Per the screenshot, I do not get an option to add a distance.  
65ECE34D-E7FB-49F6-9645-99C03797388B.png
2018-7-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-23 14:24
I think we are getting somewhere.  Per the screenshot, I do not get an option to add a distance.

Ok.... My initial response was.... "DO WHAT?????"

Ya got me.   No idea.  The only thing I can think of now is a pure wild guess.  Sync your flights to the cloud to preserve them, uninstall the app, reboot the phone, reinstall the app and sign back in.  And I have NO idea if that would work.  

You got me on that one.  Sorry...  I thought we had it...
2018-7-23
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-23 14:49
Ok.... My initial response was.... "DO WHAT?????"

Ya got me.   No idea.  The only thing I can think of now is a pure wild guess.  Sync your flights to the cloud to preserve them, uninstall the app, reboot the phone, reinstall the app and sign back in.  And I have NO idea if that would work.  

I've got it.. I went to try it all again and when I went to turn it all on, it asked me to update firmware.. I did and now my screen looks like yours.  I was able to enter the distance (8,000).  Its a bit windy but I'll try and go out later today and see if its works but seems like the answer.. Thanks.. (I'll let you know)!!!!!
2018-7-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-23 07:10

Try replacing your cable from RC to tablet(phone) or try a different phone or tablet.
2018-7-23
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-23 15:00
I've got it.. I went to try it all again and when I went to turn it all on, it asked me to update firmware.. I did and now my screen looks like yours.  I was able to enter the distance (8,000).  Its a bit windy but I'll try and go out later today and see if its works but seems like the answer.. Thanks.. (I'll let you know)!!!!!

Confirmed. all works.. thank you
2018-7-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-23 16:14
Confirmed. all works.. thank you

LOL..  you had me worried there..   Congratulations.  I keep my MP closer to home.  I'm a worrier.  My limit is just a bit under a mile.  And I have no idea why part of the app is imperial and part metric.  Oh well.  Enjoy your flights and be careful.  
2018-7-23
Use props
fans9728ab7c
lvl.1

United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-23 16:25
LOL..  you had me worried there..   Congratulations.  I keep my MP closer to home.  I'm a worrier.  My limit is just a bit under a mile.  And I have no idea why part of the app is imperial and part metric.  Oh well.  Enjoy your flights and be careful.

I was thrown off as it was now in meters and not feet.. I was initially wondering why it was counting so slowly then I realized...  So I took it out about 2000 meters and as most people, chickened out..thanks again..
2018-7-23
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer

fans9728ab7c Posted at 2018-7-23 16:29
I was thrown off as it was now in meters and not feet.. I was initially wondering why it was counting so slowly then I realized...  So I took it out about 2000 meters and as most people, chickened out..thanks again..

LOL.. I know.. my phone calculator will convert distance also.  Which is a good thing.  I can do metric in my head, but it's more of a guestimate.  Enjoy your flying and be careful.  
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules