Firmware update... Yes, another question!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

When I got my P3 I duly updated the firmware. All went fine and actually updated in around two minutes.

I've just gone to update to 1.1.9 and had a bit of a problem. I was getting the D-D-D-D fine. The P3 made the startup bleeps several times over a ten minute period and then the camera switched off (swiveled down) and the LED's switched off. The D-D-D-D continued for another five minutes and then just stopped. Not the DD-D that you are supposed to get when done. I read the SD card and got this:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Upgrading ...

ooh I thought, thats not good. So I put the SD card back in and started her up. She started fine, without going into firmware update. The App shows current firmware 1.1.9 and everything seems fine. I checked the SD card again and now I got:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 unsynchronized ======
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

So has the firmware upgraded ok or should I be worried?

Also, is this firmware for the bird only? I tried updating the controller and get the 'identical or older' message.

Thanks

2015-5-22
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

The announcement from DJI indicates there is no need to update the controller with the 1.1.9 update - there is nothing impacted on the remote controller.
2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Excellent question, would like to know the same.

Especially if I should update (or attempt to update) the Remote?

-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, intelligent DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unless you get the message 'Success' in the text file, then the upgrade has not occurred. Delete the text file so that you have just the bin file on the card and try again. During this update, the Phantom 3 beeps occasionally and the lights do go out towards the end of the upgrade. The camera also moves to the down position during the upgrade. All quite normal.

You do not have to upgrade the transmitter. In fact, if you do try it, nothing happens at all...
2015-5-22
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

After two attempts I got the "success" notice in the status file. First attempt was off a 32 gig msd card, second successful attempt was off the 16 gig card that came with my P3A. Both formatted FAT32. And yes, if you put the 119 bin file on a USB thumb and try to update the controller nothing happens. All is well tho - not needed for controller and I'm looking forward to better things from the P3.
2015-5-22
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I was in the process of running the firmware when I ran across your post.  I too noticed this update was a bit different because of several sequences of the startup beeps and was beginning to think to myself "oh, fiddlesticks!".  And right about then was when I got the D-DD indication that it was complete -- whew!  Checked the txt file and it read success.

All together it took around 11 minutes to complete (your mileage may vary)
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules