Signal loss (video) - movement still works
1240 22 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129931 ft
Ireland

Was doing a test fligt on holiday.  At about 15 meters up and the video feed becomes pixelated and choppy.  Another meter and my screen is grey and it's saying signal is lost and wants to return home.
If I cancel and keep flying with it in sight, I can still move quite high and move around like normal.

So I figured maybe there's a lot of signal interference and to move on.

In the park and all going pretty well and then I loose signal and the drone ends up on someone's roof.

Now it's back from repair, but now the signal issue is worse.

At lest than 10 meters off the ground I loose video.

Drone's firmware is the latest.

Plugged in with DJI Assistant - controller does not appear

How do I reset the controller?

2018-7-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

What do you mean with "resetting" the controller? Re-linking it to your Mavic Air?
2018-7-22
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-22 12:52
What do you mean with "resetting" the controller? Re-linking it to your Mavic Air?

Hey Wachtberger,  I meant flashing the controller to original firmware.

I can re-link it at any time and it never fails.

I just noticed, when attempting to connect over wifi with my phone, there is no Mavic air SSID and it always fails.  Scanned the barcode and looked for it's SSID but nothing.

What else can I try?

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Firefly_Whali Posted at 2018-7-22 13:29
Hey Wachtberger,  I meant flashing the controller to original firmware.

I can re-link it at any time and it never fails.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may I know what phone are you using? may I ask if you were able to use the USB adapter for you to connect your RC to your computer? I would suggest linking your RC to your aircraft as well then check if there will be changes, please recalibrate the IMU and Compass. Kindly see the video below on how you will update the RC.

2018-7-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Take a look at this it should help.

2018-7-22
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 15:08
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may I know what phone are you using? may I ask if you were able to use the USB adapter for you to connect your RC to your computer? I would suggest linking your RC to your aircraft as well then check if there will be changes, please recalibrate the IMU and Compass. Kindly see the video below on how you will update the RC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Hi Tony,

I'm using a Razer phone.
I have followed the instructions and refreshed and reset to factory defaults, but I'm still losing video feed and it wants to return home at less than 10meters off the ground.
When powered on, the remote picks up the drone no problem, but it still will not connect directly to my phone. over wifi.
I have plugged the remote in via both USB micro and USB directly to the Phone, but again video signal is lost at <10 metes.

2018-7-23
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-22 15:23
Take a look at this it should help.

https://youtu.be/kaz7W9GcTmg

Hi Hallmark007,

Thank you, I have switched between channels manually, but it makes no difference I'm afraid.
I can ony do this with the RC plugged in, wifi to the phone directly still doesn't work.

I might try re-installing DJI Go on my Razer phone.

Cheers
2018-7-23
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I had the exact same video feed and RTH problems, with 3 different phones and a tablet. Video feed will either freeze or grey out, and stop responding, no signal with craft and auto RTH. All after latest firmware update. At the end i had to send my MA in to DJI, still awaiting repair. Nothing worked, no factory reset,no re installation of the DJI app, had a bad time linking my remote to the craft............and and and, a trillion little problems.
I hope u get yours sorted. I spend more time trying to get my MA up in the air, than actually flying it after the upgrade.
Holding thumbs for you, know how it feels.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Firefly_Whali Posted at 2018-7-23 04:43
Hi Tony,

I'm using a Razer phone.

Hi, thanks for the response, did you check if you're getting enough GPS signal? are you flying your aircraft in an open area? do we have a chance to use a mobile device that is included with our recommended devices? Since we haven't tested your high-end phone we cannot ensure the stability of the app and what would be the behavior of our app when using your mobile device.
2018-7-23
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 09:24
Hi, thanks for the response, did you check if you're getting enough GPS signal? are you flying your aircraft in an open area? do we have a chance to use a mobile device that is included with our recommended devices? Since we haven't tested your high-end phone we cannot ensure the stability of the app and what would be the behavior of our app when using your mobile device.

Hi Tony,

I have had my Mavic Air since April and I have never had any issues.. until June when the problem started and I crashed it..
Now straight after repair and the issue is at it's worst.

I tested flying in an open area and also with those gold cupped "Signal boosters" but it made no difference.

2018-7-23
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2
Ireland

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-23 05:13
I had the exact same video feed and RTH problems, with 3 different phones and a tablet. Video feed will either freeze or grey out, and stop responding, no signal with craft and auto RTH. All after latest firmware update. At the end i had to send my MA in to DJI, still awaiting repair. Nothing worked, no factory reset,no re installation of the DJI app, had a bad time linking my remote to the craft............and and and, a trillion little problems.
I hope u get yours sorted. I spend more time trying to get my MA up in the air, than actually flying it after the upgrade.
Holding thumbs for you, know how it feels.

Hi Charissa,

Sorry to hear you are having the same issue and thank you for the support   It's so annoying, especially when you make a trip to film and then you end up wasting so much time

Did you send both RC and MA or only MA?
2018-7-23
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Hi. Yes, i send both in, for in case both have a problem. Don,t want to waste time with them coming back and saying it might be the RC, just to send that in as well...........
And yes, i had near heart attacks when the signal got lost, or the video feed freezes or turned off, and i could not see or press RTH, and i know i am missing the shot and wasting my time.............
At the moment i have a love/hate relationship with the MA (have a Loan Unit to use until mine is fixed or sorted out). When it works, i love it, and admire the overall awesomeness of this little drone, but when it gives me all that irritating little crappy problems, i wished i never bought the damn thing.

By the way, the loan unit has older firmware, and works perfectly..................
2018-7-24
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-24 23:46
Hi. Yes, i send both in, for in case both have a problem. Don,t want to waste time with them coming back and saying it might be the RC, just to send that in as well...........
And yes, i had near heart attacks when the signal got lost, or the video feed freezes or turned off, and i could not see or press RTH, and i know i am missing the shot and wasting my time.............
At the moment i have a love/hate relationship with the MA (have a Loan Unit to use until mine is fixed or sorted out). When it works, i love it, and admire the overall awesomeness of this little drone, but when it gives me all that irritating little crappy problems, i wished i never bought the damn thing.

I'm 100% with you there!

Interesting, so new firmware might just be bug free...

I've logged a case with DJI and will be sending both parts in.  I'll let you know if it get's fixed

2018-7-25
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Don,t know about NEW firmware, but older firmware than 0.400 worked with my drone, as well as this borrowed unit i have at the moment.
I sure hope u get sorted. Mine is in for the 5th week now, and still no news.....
Hopefully no news is good news.
2018-7-25
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-25 02:36
Don,t know about NEW firmware, but older firmware than 0.400 worked with my drone, as well as this borrowed unit i have at the moment.
I sure hope u get sorted. Mine is in for the 5th week now, and still no news.....
Hopefully no news is good news.

5 Weeks! Geeeez!
I would request a replacement after one month.
Gotta dig up their policies around support and see how we're covered.
2018-7-25
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Yip. 3 weeks in DJI South Africa for testing, and they send it in to DJI China, being 2 weeks this Friday. I would definitely be highly agitated if they did not give me a MA to use for free in the mean time.
That being said, i do feel irritated with not knowing what the problem is, and if they will replace it or fix my current drone........
I can also not get any ticket or case numbers from DJI Cape Town, in order to follow up myself. They just don,t answer my mails or phonecalls and only communicate with the retailer where i bought my drone.............GRRRRRRRR
2018-7-25
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-25 03:01
Yip. 3 weeks in DJI South Africa for testing, and they send it in to DJI China, being 2 weeks this Friday. I would definitely be highly agitated if they did not give me a MA to use for free in the mean time.
That being said, i do feel irritated with not knowing what the problem is, and if they will replace it or fix my current drone........
I can also not get any ticket or case numbers from DJI Cape Town, in order to follow up myself. They just don,t answer my mails or phonecalls and only communicate with the retailer where i bought my drone.............GRRRRRRRR

That's nuts! I filed a case online (this being my third).
The last two repairs were great, they included photos and repair updates in the case online and the repair went very good, like one week turn-around from post to repair to post.
However, the repair center for me is in the Netherlands and I'm based in Ireland (originally from Pretoria).  
I would totally recommend logging your next case online
2018-7-25
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

If you're on Android, downgrading the Go 4 app to 4.2.16 could solve the video problem.
2018-7-25
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-25 06:13
If you're on Android, downgrading the Go 4 app to 4.2.16 could solve the video problem.

Hi Kajuna,

Thank you I'll give that a go
2018-7-25
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2
Ireland

Firefly_Whali Posted at 2018-7-25 07:04
Hi Kajuna,

Thank you I'll give that a go

Just tested and unfortunately not making any difference.
2018-7-25
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2
Ireland

I HAVE SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!!!! AAAAAHHH!!!!

The Problem: "Carbon Fibre Props" ....

Can't believe it was that simple!
2018-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Firefly_Whali Posted at 2018-7-25 10:22
I HAVE SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!!!! AAAAAHHH!!!!

The Problem: "Carbon Fibre Props" ....

You had them on or took them off...
2018-7-25
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.2
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-25 10:41
You had them on or took them off...

LOL yes I took them off and used original props
2018-7-25