3613 20 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

In case you missed it.  There is a recent FIRMWARE UPDATE to the DJI SPARK.  My SPARK runs fine WITHOUT the OTG cable but others are experiencing different results.  Would love to hear your experiences in regard to this firmware update.  

Note:  It is specific to ANDROID MOBILE DEVICES and I use an iPhone so if you do leave comments please let me know what country your from as well.  Seems like the majority of people are having a positive experience with this firmware update for the SPARK.   

2018-7-22
Use props
chenfuyin
lvl.2
Vietnam

My drone list Front LEDs
2018-7-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

chenfuyin Posted at 2018-7-22 22:53
My drone list Front LEDs

Do you know if others having the same issue?  
2018-7-23
Use props
chenfuyin
lvl.2
Vietnam

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-7-23 03:00
Do you know if others having the same issue?

hi I lost front LED, but after factory defaults reset by DJ Asst 2, it's back. tks for @djisharpshooter. But it's seem GPS weaker, lost connection more time than old firmware. I use RC

2018-7-23
Use props
fansf72809a3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42605 ft

I did this update yesterday while I was traveling and I’m regretting it. My controller no longer works with my phone or tablet. The drone still work if I’m connecting directly to my device, and my drone connects to the controller. BUT my device doesn’t see the WiFi of my controller since the update. Tried to contact customer service, completely worthless. So now I’m stuck without my drone controller for the rest of my trip. F*** YOU DJI for this.
2018-7-23
Use props
fansf72809a3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42605 ft

I did this update yesterday while I was traveling and I’m regretting it. My controller no longer works with my phone or tablet. The drone still work if I’m connecting directly to my device, and my drone connects to the controller. BUT my device doesn’t see the WiFi of my controller since the update. Tried to contact customer service, completely worthless. So now I’m stuck without my drone controller for the rest of my trip. F*** YOU DJI for this.
2018-7-23
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Got out a bit yesterday to fly around the neighborhood.

Initial flight told me I needed to update; I continued to fly through a battery with zero issues.
Went back inside; hooked up a fresh battery to the Spark and restarted everything (AC, RC and phone) and followed the directions in the DJI GO4 app and allowed the AC and RC to update.

Took everything back outside; restarted all again, took off and flew 2 more packs.  High/Low/Fast/Slow - no issues.

Reading all the posts on problems with the upgrade has me wondering if I got lucky?  Maybe.  Or, are others doing what I 'almost' did when I thought the process was hung up - impatiently thinking I maybe should interrupt the process and try again?  IDK; I cannot speak for anyone other than myself - but my upgrade went through without a hitch. (knocks on wood)
2018-7-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

chenfuyin Posted at 2018-7-23 05:24
hi I lost front LED, but after factory defaults reset by DJ Asst 2, it's back. tks for @djisharpshooter. But it's seem GPS weaker, lost connection more time than old firmware. I use RC

[view_image]

Curious...what country are you flying in?  
2018-7-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AC5FF Posted at 2018-7-23 08:00

Initial flight told me I needed to update; I continued to fly through a battery with zero issues.

Glad to hear things are working for you.  Yeah, seems like some are not having any issues at all.  Others, having some problems.   Again, i think a lot has to do with the country your flying in.  Fewer issues in USA...more issues outside USA.   Different restrictions/regulations.....

Like I mentioned in the video...if it's working and the firmware update doesn't meet any specific need a person may have.  Just leave it alone and ignore future firmware updates.  Both my Mavic Air and SPARK are flying great without any issues and in turn I have no plans on updating their firmware/software unless they release some significant software enhancement that provides me some type of NEW capabilities.  Things like higher FPS or a newer Quick Shot Mode ...it would really have to be something I needed.  Otherwise, not touching anything.  DJI just seems way to slow in addressing known issues/bugs.  
2018-7-23
Use props
chenfuyin
lvl.2
Vietnam

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-7-23 08:01
Curious...what country are you flying in?

Hi,

Saigon city, Vietnam
2018-7-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

chenfuyin Posted at 2018-7-23 18:23
Hi,

Saigon city, Vietnam

Interesting...I always enjoy knowing what countries people are flying in because it does impact their flight experience (i.e. distance, interference, etc.)
2018-7-24
Use props
TRuav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15810 ft

I just received my spark fly more package last week.
3 flights before 7-19 update.
I performed update over cellular connection with go4 app with iPhone 7+ by connecting just like I would preflight. Tapped update, took 5 minutes to update rc and ac, with no issues. Restarted all 3 devices.
The only difference I’ve found is go4 app starts on flight screen now.
I have not used OTG yet, ( cable here today just in case )
Test flights today.  

I had more issues with connecting iphone to rc WiFi, activation, and updating out of the box, than I did with this update. (About 4 hours)
Main issue out of the box was - I connected phone to rc the first 10 times, and was never prompted with a password request, the first 10 or so connections were very troublesome and required many restarts and were inconsistent. After many connections, I was finally prompted to enter password and now my connections to rc are easy.
Location SW Missouri
2018-7-24
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

AC5FF Posted at 2018-7-23 08:00

I have followed the same process and mine works well too.  This might be an isolated issue with certain devices.  I'm sure we will hear more form DJI once they understand the issues.
2018-7-24
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

TRuav Posted at 2018-7-24 04:17
I just received my spark fly more package last week.
3 flights before 7-19 update.
I performed update over cellular connection with go4 app with iPhone 7+ by connecting just like I would preflight. Tapped update, took 5 minutes to update rc and ac, with no issues. Restarted all 3 devices.

had a similar issue when I first got my spark back in July 2017.  Much better now, so long as I follow the same sequence to connect device to rc to ac.

2018-7-24
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

chenfuyin Posted at 2018-7-23 05:24

[view_image]

what device do you use?
2018-7-24
Use props
TRuav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15810 ft

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-7-24 04:32
had a similar issue when I first got my spark back in July 2017.  Much better now, so long as I follow the same sequence to connect device to rc to ac.

Could you share your sequence please ?
I found my best procedure is to open settings, airplane mode, WiFi, start rc, connect WiFi, start spark.
Thank you !
2018-7-24
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

TRuav Posted at 2018-7-24 04:42
Could you share your sequence please ?
I found my best procedure is to open settings, airplane mode, WiFi, start rc, connect WiFi, start spark.
Thank you !

mine is

Start my spark
start my remote
connect my remote to wifi then make sure my spark is within a few inches of my spark and once the light on my remote turns green, I launch dji go 4 app.

If I get into issues where my spark doesn't connect to my remote, I hold my spark power button until I hear on beep and same with remote and voila, they are connected.

Hope this works.

2018-7-24
Use props
JYYCHAN
New
Flight distance : 6864 ft
Hong Kong

案例號:CAS-2064024-N4T5K3  INCORRECT DIAGNOSIS. Your technician had blamed me for the remote controller firmware update failure. I had tried to repair the controller without overwhelming your repair center. I tried to do a hard rest for the controller using the internal reset button.  However, your company had blamed me for tampering with the device, and refused to fix the firmware failure. The technician had acknowledge the failure was due to the recent firmware upgrade. But, because there is indication of opening the device to access the internal reset button, they refused to offer a quick fix or an appropriate repair cost.  I have taken to social media and user groups forums to reflect this issue. It is not fair that a firmware upgrade caused my controller to fail, and then only permit me to buy a new controller.
2018-7-30
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

I'm in the US and did the update even though I have an iPhone. Did a test flight in my back yard and the main thing I noticed was that the takeoff was smoother. I do the palm launch for taking off because I don't want to deal with the gimbal motor overload error I get when launching from the grass in my yard. Prior to the update the Spark behaved like a "bucking bronco" upon takeoff, meaning it bounced up/down/left/right for a few seconds until it stabilized in the air. I also tend to play with Gesture mode for a bit before switching to Normal. Gesture mode, regardless of the lighting outdoors and regardless of the color clothing I had on, rarely worked. After the update, not only was the palm launch very smooth, Gesture mode worked very well for a change. It recognized the Selfie and Video on/off modes on the first attempt, which has never happened before. Palm control also worked very well. I could move it up/down/left/right/backward smoothly and without incurring errors.

I don't know if others have experienced the same thing with Gesture mode and takeoffs after the update. I just thought I'd make mention of this.

The only odd message I got on this flight occurred during ActiveTrack. I tool the Spark up to about 30 feet -- high enough so that it was well above the treetops/rooftop and walked around a bit. It was working fine until I saw a message that stated "Object too close". I've done ActiveTrack with the Spark at a lower altitude and have not seen this message, so I thought it was a bit odd, considering it was pretty high up and was not in danger of colliding with anything.
2018-8-2
Use props
Sosa9
lvl.1

No battery info when using otg cable
2018-8-13
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I lost GPS and had a partial fly away with no control with the RC.   Thankfully I got drone back home when GPS re connected.   
2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules