Mavic Air Gimbal Lens Ring
685 7 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f6a7d9f
lvl.1

Spain

Dear all,

Can anybody please confirm that the gimbal lens ring (the one which you take of to put your nd-filter on)  on the mavic air is not having a lens???... meaning is it just a ring without any piece of glas/protection inside ???

Many thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards
Jorge
2018-7-23
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113484 ft
Sweden

It's not having a lens, it's just a threaded ring!

2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Air gimbal lens ring does not have a lens on it.
2018-7-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Yes, I can fully confirm this. If you are having trouble to unmount it look out for various threads in this forum on how to solve the issue or ask again here. But it is definitely just a ring without glass cover or lens on it.
2018-7-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, DJI Stephen explained that perfectly. No lens on the plastic ring - another reason to invest in ND filters to protect the lens in addition to controlling the motion blur.
2018-7-23
Use props
fans1f6a7d9f
lvl.1

Spain

Many thanks for your feedback...I was a quite surprised discovering the ring was empty (no protection!!!)...initially even thought my MA was having a production failure...
2018-7-24
Use props
funbuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517746 ft
Denmark

Hi everyone out there.
Can anyone answer me on how to get the gimbal lens off. On my mavic air, the ring is stuck fast. I have tried all the forces I have in my fingers with rubber gloves to turn the ring off, but totally in vain.
One would think that is was glued. Do you have any good suggestions
2018-9-15
Use props
funbuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517746 ft
Denmark

Sorry. I can see that others have asked for the same, so I review the answers from the other post. Don't bother to answer here.
Greetings from Denmark.
2018-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules