Mavic Pro Sport mode
1907 14 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34002234 ft

Recently I sent my Mavic Pro back to DJI for warranty repairs.. My drone had a speed error, then a GPS  mismatch then a motor obstruction/speed error all within the space of a few seconds. This in turn caused my Mavic to fall to it's demise. Well I sent it in for the repairs and because the drone was in sport mode they claim it was all my fault. I find that to be ludicrous. Just because I was in sport mode doesn't mean I was trying to set some sort of speed record. In fact when the first speed error occurred I was only going 20mph. To be honest I don't know why I was in sport mode. I was not being irresponsible with it. In that I wasnt trying to go fast. Anyways DJI wants me to pay them $256 to repair a 5 month old drone that to me had some sort of a motor failure. That in my mind should absolutely covered by it's warranty...I did nothing to cause it's motor faliure( speed error ) and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it ( the speed error ) either.  
2018-7-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Did you buy it at a local store or online with say Amazon? or online DJI store? I would try to take it back to the local store instead of coming to DJI in other words.

I really have no idea why sport mode would matter. DJI is jerking your chain i think unless there's more to it than that/
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are terribly sorry about the issues you had with your Mavic Pro and for being quoted on your repair case. If it's convenient, can you please provide us the case number? We would like to check the details, provide the case to the proper team and learn from it.
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK
lvl.3
United States

It was a gift and purchased at Best Buy.  I tried to tell the guy that sport mode or not.  I was just flying it along like I have so many times before but he wouldnt hear it. He kept saying that being in sport mode meant i had taken full  ontrol of it and that spoft mode turned off all sendors and warnings.  I asked him if we were talking about tbe same drone. Because sport mode on the mavic doesnt do that.  It only turns off the colision aviodance.  I have other drones that do give you full control of the drone in a higher speed mode. However the Mavic doesnt do that at all..   

Diane thank you so much for taking your time to look into this for me.. my case number is          CAS-1943199-Y4B8S1
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK Posted at 2018-7-23 14:40
It was a gift and purchased at Best Buy.  I tried to tell the guy that sport mode or not.  I was just flying it along like I have so many times before but he wouldnt hear it. He kept saying that being in sport mode meant i had taken full  ontrol of it and that spoft mode turned off all sendors and warnings.  I asked him if we were talking about tbe same drone. Because sport mode on the mavic doesnt do that.  It only turns off the colision aviodance.  I have other drones that do give you full control of the drone in a higher speed mode. However the Mavic doesnt do that at all..   

Diane thank you so much for taking your time to look into this for me.. my case number is          CAS-1943199-Y4B8S1

Hi Tom, Thank you so much for the case number. I was able to check your information and the case status. I can see that you have spoke with one of our customer support today and discussed this issue on your invoice along with the result of the analysis. We will let you know once we received an update from the respective department.  We appreciate your patience. Thank you!
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK
lvl.3

Hey Diana.  When I spoke to them mondqy they said to give them 48 and I'd hear from them. Igave them the benifit of doubt with the close of business yesterday.  However I still haven't heard from them ?
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK Posted at 2018-7-26 15:38
Hey Diana.  When I spoke to them mondqy they said to give them 48 and I'd hear from them. Igave them the benifit of doubt with the close of business yesterday.  However I still haven't heard from them ?

Hi there, sorry that you haven't received any response from our support team. Upon checking your case, you flew too high and the unit was rolling and pitching intermittently at full speed, motor overloaded due to extreme height conditions.
Your case has been escalated to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon for further explanation, please wait patiently. Thank you.
2018-7-26
Use props
djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK
lvl.3

So what your saying is at a total of 2307' above sealevel is an extream hieght. Meaning that anyone flying thier Mavic Pro at a total hieght of 2307' give or take a few feet is in danger of overloading thier motors? Would you be as so kind to explain to me now this is an "extreme hieght". I saw an add DJI ran a few weeks ago showing K2 the 2nd highest mountain in the world ( 28,251' above sea level) being photographed by a Mavic ? Are Mavic's available in Denver ?? If so you should pull them from the market as Denver is the mile high city.    (5280'above sea level) and all those people are in danger of overloading thier motors.  Furthetmore your saying that 20mph is full speed while in sport mode ? Last week the staff was more concerned with the fact that I was in sport mode and not my hieght. This week its the speed i was going, ok well when. the 1st speed error occured i was going 20mph.
Thats right the 1st speed error occured at 20 mph?? i  dont think i ever went above 25( I'll check my log again)    If the drone was rolling and pitching it was 1- not at full speed and 2- not of my doing.  I was flying it in a straight line as far as i knew.  And woul you please exp!ain ti me what exactly that means. Also.could you show me when and where i was going at full speed.  Ive loomed at the logs on my phone and i dont think I ever went over 20 mph.. We bohj know that isnt the Mavics top speed.  Ma'am I know you most likely reading a report generated for you. However if i might.  It seems everytime I speak to so eone from dji about this they have a new and differnt reason for not wanting to cover this.  Like your thriwing darts at a board and hoping o e will stick.  Ma'am I am a owner of several drones including a Phantom 3, blade Chroma , blade 200qx , Hubsan H501ss and an Eachine 210.  This Mavic isnt my first or my last drone however depending on how this situation is handled it may be my final DJI drone.  Yes my hieght was 450 meters above me. My homes elevation is approximatel 667'. Thats 667+ 1640' = 2307'.      To be continued
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK
lvl.3

Please dont try and say that 2307 above sea level is an extreme hieght.  That all said I would love an explanation of how i was at an extreme hieght.   In ending if you could please explain how the DJI tech came to thier conclusions and now i caused or could have prevented these errors from happening. Also if so eone wanfs to tell me how to post my logs and which logs to post i will gladly do so. As i feel they will vindicate me and show dji the error of r
thier ways.     
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK
lvl.3
United States

So I received this thiz mornibg wbich may as well be in greek... Im curuios why the gps failure has never been mentioned by DJI.  NOT ONCE. Also DJI is trying to say i had control of the Drone.  Let me assure anyone who reads this.  Once i was told there had been a system error kn my remote. I lost any control I had over the drone.  It came dropping out of the sky...

Motor Stall
FLY044
1.    Unit was in Sport mode and was responsive to RC input;  
2.    At t=131 until 236s, relative height=500m, motor 3 stalls.
3.    Unit is rolling and pitching intermittently at full speed,
Conclusion: Motor overload due to extreme height conditions. 

I do apologize but we cannot see a Product Malfunction on this case. The aircraft crash due to Extreme Height condition, also, the aircraft is in sports mode.

Screenshot_2018-07-30-11-16-08.png
2018-7-30
Use props
djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK
lvl.3

I see what is going on here. Let me promise you this no where near the end of this. I won't be taken for a ride by this company.  I did nothing to cause this. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it either. My overall altitude or my altitude above me had nothing to do with the motor failure. I'll be seeing someone in court..If they don't want to cover their warranty then I'll just have to force them too... Mark my words DJI... YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK Posted at 2018-7-30 17:03
I see what is going on here. Let me promise you this no where near the end of this. I won't be taken for a ride by this company.  I did nothing to cause this. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it either. My overall altitude or my altitude above me had nothing to do with the motor failure. I'll be seeing someone in court..If they don't want to cover their warranty then I'll just have to force them too... Mark my words DJI... YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS

Hi there, sorry to know the warranty service still cannot be provided, we will transfer your concern again to the higher team and keep you updated soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK Posted at 2018-7-30 17:03
I see what is going on here. Let me promise you this no where near the end of this. I won't be taken for a ride by this company.  I did nothing to cause this. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it either. My overall altitude or my altitude above me had nothing to do with the motor failure. I'll be seeing someone in court..If they don't want to cover their warranty then I'll just have to force them too... Mark my words DJI... YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS

The designated team is handling your case and see if there are better suggestions, they will contact you during the working time. Appreciate your patience.
2018-8-3
Use props
djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK
lvl.3

I just want to thank the DJI Warranty Dept.  After i was finally able to show them that  I was not in error.  They have now changed thier tune and areare now  stepping up to the plate to cover the stated warranty. I cant be more impressed with them...DJI IS A TOP KNOTCH COMPANY FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. Many Thanks !!
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Si9om9CVX1FK Posted at 2018-8-5 13:32
I just want to thank the DJI Warranty Dept.  After i was finally able to show them that  I was not in error.  They have now changed thier tune and areare now  stepping up to the plate to cover the stated warranty. I cant be more impressed with them...DJI IS A TOP KNOTCH COMPANY FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. Many Thanks !!

Anyway, we're glad to hear this has been addressed out. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules