Inverted strip of pixels on images
938 10 2018-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nBn7fuWioi8Z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2045164 ft
United States

I just bought the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 not too long ago. The system is all up to date. I noticed a strange strip of inverted pixel in 2 photos from two different shoots. I was wondering if this is something others have been encountering or know of a way to resolve this issue. Luckily I was bracketing (3 exposures) and I can toss the bad frames but if this happens to the properly exposed image, I would be quite disappointed and stuck pushing or pulling. I opened it up in Bridge, Raw editor, and Photoshop and it all looks the same. It has to do with the camera components recording the information to the card. It is a brand new Sandisk Ultra 32GB Micro SDHC UHS-I card that was provided with the sUAS.

Thoughts?

2018-7-23
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

If those are images direct from the sd card then I would be contacting support as it may be an issue with the camera. It is hard to tell as you have said it doesn't happen with all images but, if it is a defect in the camera or camera ribbon/cable then it may get worse.
2018-7-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As far i know, the SanDisk Ultra is not fast enough for the P4P's, Extreme or Extreme Pro is recommended. Not sure if it would make an error like this but sure is possible if it struggle to keep up saving.
You tell that it is part of a AEB shot, so it is more busy than if only taking a single picture, to stress test it, try shooting some burst shots, are you able to record in 4K/UHD on this card without issues?
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know where did the files come from? Is it in the app or SD card? Did you try to use a different SD card? It should be at least class 10 UHS-3 or you can check this also:
2018-7-25
Use props
Danimal0017
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2045164 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-25 08:02
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know where did the files come from? Is it in the app or SD card? Did you try to use a different SD card? It should be at least class 10 UHS-3 or you can check this also:
[view_image]

Used another Card and got the same results. One image out of 87. Again, not that bad for the probability of error but it should work right 100% of the time especially when its only a month old.
The new card that I used was this:
Sony 16GB Class 10 UHS-3 Micro SDHC

Formatted the card before takeoff via the app.

It's odd because I can't find this card when searching on Amazon or the Sony site. This card also came with the drone I bought through Amazon. They are a "DJI dealer" http://a.co/gJZKyfL

I will purchase one from the list you provided above and keep you posted.

2018-7-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Danimal0017 Posted at 2018-7-25 13:31
[view_image]

Used another Card and got the same results. One image out of 87. Again, not that bad for the probability of error but it should work right 100% of the time especially when its only a month old.

Do yourself a favour and buy a Sandisk Extreme Pro card from a reputable dealer. They always work properly. It looks like this: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6&fromuid=84967
2018-7-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-25 08:02
[view_image]

This is from the specs site Dji Phantom 4 Pro and it clearly state UHS 1 card and that is what is sent out with new Pro 4 drones, or was few months ago.

If the spec site is wrong it should bee fixed ASAP.
2018-7-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be honest, a card rated > 15MB/s (megabytes) should be good enough,  15*8=120Mbps, the p4p it can only record up to 100Mbps (megabits)
But then "good enough" isnt really enough as theres no  leeweay for error hence it would be impossible to go wrong with the Sandisk Extreme Pro as its up to 90MB/s, majorly overkill mind but ya cannot go wrong lol
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

G_Sig Posted at 2018-7-25 16:18
This is from the specs site Dji Phantom 4 Pro and it clearly state UHS 1 card and that is what is sent out with new Pro 4 drones, or was few months ago.
[view_image]
If the spec site is wrong it should bee fixed ASAP.

Thank you for reaching this issue to us. I will forward this to our developer. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Danimal0017 Posted at 2018-7-25 13:31
[view_image]

Used another Card and got the same results. One image out of 87. Again, not that bad for the probability of error but it should work right 100% of the time especially when its only a month old.

Alright. Let us know if the issue still persists.
2018-7-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-25 19:58
To be honest, a card rated > 15MB/s (megabytes) should be good enough,  15*8=120Mbps, the p4p it can only record up to 100Mbps (megabits)
But then "good enough" isnt really enough as theres no  leeweay for error hence it would be impossible to go wrong with the Sandisk Extreme Pro as its up to 90MB/s, majorly overkill mind but ya cannot go wrong lol

"the p4p it can only record up to 100Mbps (megabits)"
Remember that at the same time it record the lowres copies that add to the amount of data that is written to the card.
Also i think that having captions active will add, even not much, to the data amount of the 100Mbit video stream, though not sure of that part.

I don't really get why they are so sensitive of the cards used, in a perfect world any card fast enough should work but i even think we have seen issues reported here with SanDisk Extreme Plus, that is even faster (100MB/s vs 90/95MB/s than the Pro version.
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules