Hard time getting Started
1073 15 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UltramanV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16 ft
United States

Hi Guys, I'm having a hard time trying to connect my spark for the first time. I look at all the tutorials and  still not sure  what the issue is, I open the app , I go to activate . even tho I connect with wifi it still just sits there so I use the bar code scan which take a long time to finally scan it , (then it tells me I've registered my Phantom 4 ) . And then never actually connects I've tried with the controller and with out . What would be the best step to just restart everything and try the basics?
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What mobile device you used to activate it? Can I have your serial number so that I can check the exact status of your drone? Click on "Reply" to make sure I can get a notification from your response. Thank you for your support.
2018-7-24
Use props
UltramanV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-24 05:52
What mobile device you used to activate it? Can I have your serial number so that I can check the exact status of your drone? Click on "Reply" to make sure I can get a notification from your response. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for your help !!  Using a galaxy S7 ...
spark.jpg
2018-7-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Try to watch this Tutorial, and follow it step by step -

2018-7-24
Use props
UltramanV
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-24 07:22
Try to watch this Tutorial, and follow it step by step -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuACnyi-l-k

Thanks Tried that and I can see the Spark and connect to the wifi of it but it never will activate and still thinks its a Phantom 4
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please refer to this tutorial:
2018-7-24
Use props
UltramanV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-24 09:54
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please refer to this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so1b6BSQTzE

Ok finally figured it out . I must have something running on my phone that is preventing me from connecting ( might be watch)  When i put it in AIRPLANE mode and only enabled the WIFi it worked perfect.. iIl have to investigate what is exactly blocking  info but for now i can use it with the remote.. Was going to use my Ipad mini2 but looks like theres no DJI software compatible with that version of mini..  Thanks For everyone's help !!!
2018-7-24
Use props
djiuser_aKlXgFvQXRkl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6168 ft
United States

UltramanV Posted at 2018-7-24 11:34
Ok finally figured it out . I must have something running on my phone that is preventing me from connecting ( might be watch)  When i put it in AIRPLANE mode and only enabled the WIFi it worked perfect.. iIl have to investigate what is exactly blocking  info but for now i can use it with the remote.. Was going to use my Ipad mini2 but looks like theres no DJI software compatible with that version of mini..  Thanks For everyone's help !!!

It's your mobile data. Same think happened to me. Once I turned it off, I connected right away.
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ok finally figured it out . I must have something running on my phone that is preventing me from connecting ( might be watch)  When i put it in AIRPLANE mode and only enabled the WIFi it worked perfect.. iIl have to investigate what is exactly blocking  info but for now i can use it with the remote.. Was going to use my Ipad mini2 but looks like theres no DJI software compatible with that version of mini..  Thanks For everyone's help !!!

You're welcome. Feel free to contact us if you still need any help.
2018-7-25
Use props
Henry Piggott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57188 ft
Australia

I activated my spark yesterday, it was a convoluted process but it worked. Are you trying with remote controller or only phone?
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Excellent. Enjoy the Spark Buddy !
2018-7-25
Use props
UltramanV
lvl.2
United States

Henry Piggott Posted at 2018-7-25 01:31
I activated my spark yesterday, it was a convoluted process but it worked. Are you trying with remote controller or only phone?

Using the Remote
2018-7-25
Use props
UltramanV
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-25 02:38
Excellent. Enjoy the Spark Buddy !

Thanks DMX, I'm really excited to try this unit out and see the Difference , I've been using a Parrot Bebop 2 for a while and Wanted to go to the spark for better camera control , hopefully go from this to the Mavic once i get the hang of  it..
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

UltramanV Posted at 2018-7-25 05:11
Thanks DMX, I'm really excited to try this unit out and see the Difference , I've been using a Parrot Bebop 2 for a while and Wanted to go to the spark for better camera control , hopefully go from this to the Mavic once i get the hang of  it..

I wish you the Best of Luck Mate.

You will surely do GREAT !

2018-7-25
Use props
UltramanV
lvl.2
United States

One thing that does concern me is that it keeps thinking im registering a Phantom 4 and not a Spark , I can't see any info on my account on what it actually assigned .
2018-7-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am glad to hear that you got it figured out and was just going to comment on the amount of "apps" running on your phone in the screenshot before I saw your " fix" ....
Your experience SHOULD be stickied or at least be brought to the attention of EVERYBODY that uses the Spark!!
When attempting to fly with the Spark, it is best to have it in airplane mode and/or suspend everything running on the phone that is not needed for flyingAs far as the activation goes, I never used the unreliable scan code, entered the #'s manually the first time.

2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules