Suddenly big video lag, Mavic Air-Samsung phone..help
2691 24 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans20c829af
lvl.2

Netherlands

Before every thing was allright. But after not using my Mavic Air for a few weeks it's unuseable because of a very blocky and big lag in video on
my Sansung phone..wich I also used before (when it was good)
Tomorrow I have to make some picture's of a roof (inspection) please help. Thanks.

Sieb
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air. Can you post son sample footages for us to check and may I know what is the exact model of the Samsung phone that you are using?
2018-7-24
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Has your app updater lately? What verision  of the app are on your device?
What android is on your device? What Samsung device?
2018-7-24
Use props
fans20c829af
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hello thanks already,

My Phone is a Samsung Galaxy  J5 (6)

Android versie 7.1.1
DJI GO4  (version  4.2.20

greets
Siep
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans20c829af Posted at 2018-7-24 10:28
Hello thanks already,

Thank you for the additional information. There could be a problem with compatibility with the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy  J5 ). The Samsung Galaxy  J5 is not yet on the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air.

2018-7-24
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

If the phone was orking fine a while ago, try rolling back the Go4 app from 4.2.20 to 4.2.16.  Seems the latest versions are overwhelming even the latest flag ships.  I ran into the same thing and the second I rolled back, all was perfect again. There are countless threads on this topic and DJI has acknowledged and are in the process of reviewing the issue.
2018-7-24
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

Hello thanks already,

Sorry to say it but J5 will always have massive lag in video.
I use J5 for my Phantom 3 Standard and it handle the old Go app but not Go 4 app which you need for Mavic.
2018-7-24
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-24 10:52
Thank you for the additional information. There could be a problem with compatibility with the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy  J5 ). The Samsung Galaxy  J5 is not yet on the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air.

[view_image]

How about we quit getting this canned answer and old list of phones that work, which dont work anymore because the android app is junk?
2018-7-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-24 10:52
Thank you for the additional information. There could be a problem with compatibility with the mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy  J5 ). The Samsung Galaxy  J5 is not yet on the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air.

[view_image]

Suggestion:

Instead of merely having a ''Blessed'' (aka Official DJI) list of Smartdevices that will supposedly work with GO-4...

How about DJI create a Free downloadable App for both iOS and Android that stress tests the Smartdevice to see if device will work properly with GO / GO-4 App and DJI drones?  

Giving user a percentage performance number.  Along with allowing user to see what Live Stream video from their model of drone would look like.
The App could simulate normal GO-4 processing loads along with decompressing a video recording of complex scene showing Live View at different resolutions and frame rates.
2018-7-24
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
Mexico

I have the same phone and drone. The problem is DJI GO 4 APP version. I downgrade it to version 4.2.16 and have no problems anymore. Few days ago i reached 3 km with no lags and any problems. The 4.2.16 version u can find on google.
2018-7-24
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Mexico

Here u go
[Url]https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-2-16-release/[\url]
2018-7-24
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Mexico

Sorry
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-2-16-release/
2018-7-24
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Ukraine

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-24 11:51
Suggestion:

Instead of merely having a ''Blessed'' (aka Official DJI) list of Smartdevices that will supposedly work with GO-4...

That's a very good idea. Actually, it should be obvious to engineers developing such software. This functionality can even be embedded into the GO APP itself and invoked at the first run, on demand, or as part of a troubleshooting procedure. If DJI wants to properly support as many mobile devices as possible of course. Alternatively, they should warn users of unsupported ("not recommended" as they put it here) devices that the APP may not function correctly on their device. But the way it is now is simply wrong. Not to mention that the problem in question has nothing to do with supported/unsupported devices and their capabilities/processing power/amount of memory/etc. It is simply a software bug that manifests itself even on "supported" devices. DJI must unambiguously admit it and fix the bug. And report it as fixed in the changelog after they've fixed it.
2018-7-24
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

Hello thanks already,

Your best bet would bee to use the link in post #12 and downgrade the app.
Then turn off cache locally when recording.
2018-7-24
Use props
fans20c829af
lvl.2

Netherlands

Thank you (all) so much, i will try as soon as possible.

Greets,
Siep
2018-7-24
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Kill all background apps on phone and switch to airplane mode to run DJI Go. Also delete all unused Apps in phone.
2018-7-24
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Suggestion:

This is hard to simulate because the issues are not evident when the MP is static. It has to be in flight before all the app crashing, and video pixelation occurs.
2018-7-24
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

That sounds like the signal is weak and become unstable. This seems signal problem not hardware.
2018-7-24
Use props
Mark190
lvl.1

India

Came across many such scenarios where the video lags due to the other background applications running on the phone. You can refer to this guide for android phones
http://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/ ... ep-by-step-guide.31

And for the corrupt videos there are tools like stellar, djifix etc. to repair the video and synchronize audio and video.
2018-7-29
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Suggestion:

Good proposal, i like it
2018-7-29
Use props
Grizzle
New
Flight distance : 39469 ft
United States

Want to contribute my own experience. Like many of you, I was experiencing severe video lag and worsened stability in my Mavic Air after I installed FW 0400 and installed the GO app v4.2.21. I had been using my Nexus 6P with my drone without any problems since March. After contacting DJI customer support, I:
  • Factory reset my phone and upgraded to Android 8.1.0 (had to do this for an unrelated reason)
  • Installed GO app v4.2.16 (May version): APK Mirror
  • Refreshed FW 0400 using DJI Assistant 2

After some basic testing, my issue appears to have been fixed. I'll update if this changes.
2018-7-31
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

GDL Posted at 2018-7-24 20:05
That sounds like the signal is weak and become unstable. This seems signal problem not hardware.

Not really. I happens even if the drone is 50m away. The lag becomes so massive that it's totally unusable.

I had the same problem as OP and I had to stop using my Nexus 6P, which was working perfectly fine before that.
2018-7-31
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Grizzle Posted at 2018-7-31 04:22
Want to contribute my own experience. Like many of you, I was experiencing severe video lag and worsened stability in my Mavic Air after I installed FW 0400 and installed the GO app v4.2.21. I had been using my Nexus 6P with my drone without any problems since March. After contacting DJI customer support, I:
  • Factory reset my phone and upgraded to Android 8.1.0 (had to do this for an unrelated reason)

• Problem is the newer app. Yours is working with the older app. Has nothing to do with any Android changes, or app loads etc because most are restored when on 4.2.16 and older.

The issue clearly is the Go4 app. It's choking out lesser ram devices especially. My Mini4 barely works at times. Tab S3 works on 4.2.16, will not work on latest version app. Worked amazingly good in full 1080 feed for months up until after 4.2.16
    2018-7-31
    Use props
    Squashpile
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 214019 ft
    United States

I have had no issues until the last few weeks. The only change is the APP updates. Now vid lag and pixelated feed/disconnects with the Mavic a few feet away. No apps int he background. Thinking about rolling back to older app version. Been weird and pretty much stayed grounded.
    2018-7-31
    Use props
    mick1
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 292 ft
    France

Hi folks,
    I got Same issue ...and found similar stuff   on many forums .
    A lot of lag and glitches  after DJI go 4 upgrade  4.2.4 or 4.2.21(not tested all 4.2.x)

smartphone moto g4 +
    android 7
    remote controller 1.04.04
    air craft 1.04.04
    Check and apply recommendation from http://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/ ... ep-by-step-guide.31
    No SUCCES

i revert back to DJI go 4.1.18 and recovered normal video operation.

Hope this help !

Mavic owner enjoy flight !
    Dji developer enjoy debugging  ;-)
    2018-8-5
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules