Lost your drone? Don't forget the Find My Drone feature in App!
7634 14 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Avila
First Officer

I personally lost my drone like this guy. Thanks to the Find My Drone feature in my Go 4 app. It gave me Sparks exact location! SO HAPPY!

124308qxtzx9ipcrzxjczx.png
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information with us. In case you are not able to retrieve your Drone. Please contact DJI Support at www.dji.com/support for further help and please please sync the flight records of the Drone using DJI Go 4 application.
2018-7-24
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

If the drone disconnects from the remote, find my drone is USELESS!!! I lost my first spark and since it disconnected from rc it showed last connection point with rc and not where the drone actually landed. People please do not rely on find my drone!!! You will lose your drone. Dont take the chance and buy a small gps like the tk102 or rf v8 or 13. There are many. They always tell you the exact position no matter what. I bought one for my second spark ;)
Safe Flying
2018-7-24
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Interesting point but I don't think pilots will lose R/C connectivity now that DJI supports use of the OTG Cable. Loss of RC link was due to using WiFi not OTG Cable. (My opinion) I've been flying with OTG cable for a while and the one and only time I lost link to R/C was when I was flying linked to R/C with WiFi. Do you lose connection to R/C using OTG Cable?
2018-7-24
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Yes. I lost connection because the ac was over the woods (trees) and i was standing close to them. So after it went like 100 mts away over the trees it got disconnected. It will happen sometimes no matter otg or no otg. Im sure that many people that have lost their drones can back me up on this if their ac got disconnected. And every second post in the forum where ppl lose their drones,they got disconnected from rc.
DJI PLEASE INSTALL A PROPER GPS TRACKER ON MAVIC 2, SO NO MATTER CONNECTED OR NOT TO RC, IT STILL ALWAYS TELLS YOU WHERE YOUR DRONE IS!!! PLEEEASE!!!
2018-7-24
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-24 13:43
Yes. I lost connection because the ac was over the woods (trees) and i was standing close to them. So after it went like 100 mts away over the trees it got disconnected. It will happen sometimes no matter otg or no otg. Im sure that many people that have lost their drones can back me up on this if their ac got disconnected. And every second post in the forum where ppl lose their drones,they got disconnected from rc.
DJI PLEASE INSTALL A PROPER GPS TRACKER ON MAVIC 2, SO NO MATTER CONNECTED OR NOT TO RC, IT STILL ALWAYS TELLS YOU WHERE YOUR DRONE IS!!! PLEEEASE!!!

I think I understand bro. Your AC lost connection to RC not RC to phone. Correct?
2018-7-24
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Yes. Exactly. Thats what i mean. The drone disconnected from the remote.
2018-7-24
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Ohhh! You're correct, you would only show the last known GPS coordinates.
2018-7-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice sharing  
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Excellent Aaron, I suggest you use a Tracker to find the Drone.
2018-7-25
Use props
Ethan80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 295 ft
Spain

A technical question for experts: Can this second GPS tracker cause interference/malfucntion in Aircraft GPS antenna?.
Judt curious.
2018-7-25
Use props
Ethan80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 295 ft
Spain

because I think that all AC components like GPS, compass... are located and shielded following a logic DJI criteria. If you put a second GPS tracker with his own battery in a rqndom location, maybe can mess the AC compass or sensors. This is just a thinking of my own, maybe someone with experience or tech knowledge can explain this to us.
2018-7-25
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

I attached it with velcro to the bottom side as when it was on the top the propellers wouldnt spin, the gps was in the way. Need some sort of 3d printed support to attach it to the top. But its ok at the bottom. All sensors clear. The added weight with the battery is 48 grams. So far no issues flying and it always tells the exact position on google maps.
Safe Flying;)
2018-7-25
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Happy to report that the added weight of almost 50 grams of the gps did not affect the flight time duration at all! Still same 12 / 13 minutes flying.
2018-7-26
Use props
djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309173 ft

Slovakia

Please help me out with this situation. Yesterday in perfect whether condition, only 194 m away from me, 112 m high, at 59% level of battery (I have 3 batterys to avoid low battery power), with RTH settings on (worked perfectly couple of times) I suddenly lost connection with the drone getting a few notifications on the controller and in 10 seconds it was gone from the screen. The video it made is some how corrupt, I can’t open it with anything. It’s very much looks like a battery failure. I can’t find it so I’m hartbroke because I was saving up for it over a year. I’m a big fan of DJI already had Phanton 2 and Phantom 3 so I’m not a beginner. I really hoping to get an appropriate support from you as I’m even even using for work and has over 2000 followers on Instagram due to my drone work.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WN4YTGCKRYYOR5XADVL2/

Thank you

2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules