Beginner at Mavic Pro
614 13 2018-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shipwama
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38576 ft
Canada

Just got my mavic pro a week ago, super excited. Not at all new to RC, I started racjbg cars and trucks then got a plane, a heli, and now the Mavic. Need a LOT of training on the photography video aspect.
Did a couple flights in beginner mode,tonight took it out of beginner mode and started to explpre the quick features and so on. What an amazing unit these are.
2018-7-24
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 283904 ft
Canada

Hey welcome to the club mate!! I just received mine a few days ago as well and am slowly learning to fly it and imaging as well.
2018-7-24
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

yes the MP is quite the drone, you will be amazed by what you can achieve with this drone. safe flights to both .
2018-7-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Congratulations both and I wish you always happy landings!
2018-7-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If you have not already done so, save yourself a lot of self-kicking...
Read the Manual with comprehension, making notes of key things.
Then, re-read the Manual, making notes of confusing things.
Then ask for clarification on those things.   
Expect to get some different answers, being the Manuals are open to interpretation in some places.

With all that said.  Welcome to Mavic Pro Club.
2018-7-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Welkom!
I broke several RC helicopters before and when both my Mavic was expecting to crash it very soon, but this is a completely different story - Enjoi it
2018-7-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Since this is an all to common theme.  Do not fly your drone off of Concrete like roads, driveways, sidewalks, picnic tables, boat piers - most of which all have steel mesh and/or rebar.  Which can (and has) caused magnetic field interference to drone compasses, leading to crashes.
2018-7-24
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Congrats for the excellent choice. Happy Droning
2018-7-25
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

SgtDannySgt Posted at 2018-7-24 18:04
Hey welcome to the club mate!! I just received mine a few days ago as well and am slowly learning to fly it and imaging as well.

Congrats for the excellent choice. Happy Droning
2018-7-25
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Congrats to both. please read the manual as others have mentioned and use common sense.
2018-7-25
Use props
shipwama
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38576 ft
Canada

Thanks everyone,
There is only 2 challenges for me, Learning the camera settings and how to capture great vids and photos, and secdonly finding spots that are Legal. Here in my home area, seems like Every farmer has classified their land as a aerodrome, but gotta follow the rules!
Side note, Yes I have read the manual multiple times, as well as tried the simulator, watched a tonne of Tutorial videos, start with babysteps before I start to run
2018-7-25
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Welcome to the squadron.. have fun and fly safe
2018-7-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Excellent Mate ! Hope you enjoy your Mavic Pro ! Fly Safe !
2018-7-25
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Get some filters asap.  I ended up just going with the 5 piece Neewer set that was pretty reasonable off of Amazon, and it made an incredible difference in the bright sun light.  For more commercial applications, you might want to look at the higher end filters, but these worked great for me for like $27 for the full set.  From there, there are tons of great Video and Photography tips on Youtube on settings, composition, techniques, etc.  Naturally, each have their own twist, but after you watch a few, you'll start to notice the common themes and be in a better position to do your own testing in your own environment.
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules