Goggles Paperweight with MA
540 7 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft

First I consider myself too ignorant before blaming the gear. So my post is gonna be made of "whys" and I hope you guys can help me understand better. I'm so disappointed with the Goggles. I thought I really could have the magical experience DJI advertise but Im far from it. Here is my whys:

- Why can't we have the same options as we have in the Go 4 app? Like, I cant even select the same frame rates in goggles as I can in app. Goggles have much fewer options. 30p 4k but not 24p 4k for example.

- Why cant the Goggles save a cache video feed as it is done with the Go 4 app? Like cache to the SD card? I cache to the SD on my smartphone.

- Why cant the Goggles show the flight battery level indicator/bar so we could fly safer as within the app? (Or solve the last "why" then this wouldnt be so imperative)

- Does the Goggles save the flight logs? Can I transmit/sync that like I do with the app?

- And the biggest: Why cant we have both smartdevice AND Goggles at the same time? Is it a hardware limitation? If so, why cant we still have telemetry, logs and other stuff to still happen in the smartdevice while having the Goggles with the video feed and telemetry?
I'm sure both controller and cable are able to support that amount of data. Or at least swith the video only when connecting the goggles but everything else still roling on the phone.

Please help me understand its limitations so I can finally decide whether or not to sell it.
Thanks!
2018-7-25
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

Please, guys. Help!
2018-7-26
Use props
Zigenbock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 189341 ft
United States

I feel the same - used them twice and now they are siting in their box, tucked away, probably never to be used again.... total waste of (a lot) of money....
2018-7-26
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

The Goggles are designed for FPV flying not filming. It’s not even safe to do this as you can’t see the drone. You need another person help to watch it for safety.

Following are better solution for drone filming. It’s much safer as you can always keep your eyes on the drone and don’t need to look down to see the screen.

https://www.epson.co.uk/products/see-through-mobile-viewer/moverio-bt-300
2018-7-26
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

GDL Posted at 2018-7-26 07:34
The Goggles are designed for FPV flying not filming. It’s not even safe to do this as you can’t see the drone. You need another person help to watch it for safety.

Following are better solution for drone filming. It’s much safer as you can always keep your eyes on the drone and don’t need to look down to see the screen.

Why cant I record while I'm "FPVing"? Its just 1 press of a button of difference. I dont know how it would make it unsafe.

Why recording in 30p is safer than recording in 24p? Why NOT seeing the battery level indicator with the RTH estimation is safer than seeing it? Why NOT caching the video feed into the SD card would make it safer than caching? Why syncing/accessing the flight logs within the goggles makes it unsafer than not accessing it? Why having more information to judge your flight (phone and goggles at the same time) makes flying less safe than flying with poor information?

Dude, I think you missed the point here. And I didnt even talked about the need of another person to help flying (which I always use when available even in VLOS).

Geez! Did you even read through the entire post?

P.S. I dont mean to disrespect nor provoke anyone in any way. I just want to discuss the matter.
2018-7-26
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

Zigenbock Posted at 2018-7-26 07:21
I feel the same - used them twice and now they are siting in their box, tucked away, probably never to be used again.... total waste of (a lot) of money....

Exactly my feeling. And every now and then I try and use it too see if I get a different opinion or get used to it but I just cant. I cant see why using the goggles could be better than using the phone screen. I surely still can see its potential but in practice its just no there. That mix of impressions is what makes me thing a simple firmware update would make it usefull like night and day difference.
2018-7-26
Use props
Barry1000
New
Flight distance : 3432 ft

Zigenbock Posted at 2018-7-26 07:21

I have a different problem there is now on sound and the max distance is fixed at 50 metres which is useless for flying.
So for a pair of goggles for DJI drone they are useless, they work great for FVP racing drones and that is all.
2018-7-27
Use props
Barry1000
New
Flight distance : 3432 ft

I have a different problem there is now on sound and the max distance is fixed at 50 metres which is useless for flying.
So for a pair of goggles for DJI drones they are useless, they work great for FVP racing drones and that is all.
2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules