Changing Props
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
niktnowy
lvl.2

United States

Hey everyone. At what point would you advise to change props on P3P?  I  run into  furniture during indoor test. Nothing really happend. Props show some very tiny scratches but Drone perfoms well.
What is a best way to change props?

I tried to change prop to new one but cannot hold rotor to uscrew props.

Thanks
2015-5-22
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

You could use an oil filter wrench

Oil filter wrench.PNG

2015-5-22
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Props should be changed when they are chipped or cracked. Some scratches should be okay.

You can remove the props using the prop wrench from the small silver bag that came with your Phantom.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-22
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Your Phantom should have come with a small silver bag. Inside that bag should be a couple of plastic retaining screws, a replacement set of "shock absorbers" (for your gimbal) and a small wrench.

On my wrench, the slot is just a silly super fraction of an inch too small to fit one of the bars on the side of the motor. It actually fits just a bit better if you gently wedge the wrench onto a top-side bar, then lever the wrench down, so it's out of the way (of course, as you do this, you retain the purchase on the top bar).

With the wrench like that, you can tighten/loosen the props far better than just by hand.
2015-5-23
Use props
yvesvn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840879 ft
Belgium

I am using my PH2 props with Alu ............it seems that the originals(PH3) are not always holding very good ???? Take care not to tighten to hard (not use the wrench)
2015-5-23
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

The wrench has been useless for me.  I hand tighten before each flight, and remove them as soon as my flight is over.   Thus, haven't even taken the wrench out of the bag.
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules