Compass Take Long Time To Calibrate
444 5 2018-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

I've had the Spark for a couple weeks now and I've noticed that the first stage in calibration goes rather fast but the second part where the nose is either down or the Spark is rotated 90 on it's X axis (I say either because DJI says both will work) and then do a 360 circle seems to take forever. Is this normal?
2018-7-25
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

pay close attention to the diagrams on the screen as you are calibrating. it will show the exact position the AC should be in each time you reposition it.I had to do this a couple of times the first time because i was not positioning it correctly. I was having a similar experience.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, please follow the instruction on the DJI GO 4 app and ensure there will be no interferences on our location while doing calibrating the compass to avoid interruption as well. Please let us know if the problem will persist.
2018-7-26
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-26 10:48
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, please follow the instruction on the DJI GO 4 app and ensure there will be no interferences on our location while doing calibrating the compass to avoid interruption as well. Please let us know if the problem will persist.

I feel dumb. The engineer in me was taking those instructions way to literally.  For some reason I thought one rotation.  Once I kept going and actually broke 360+ degrees it worked just fine.
2018-7-26
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-7-26 21:03
I feel dumb. The engineer in me was taking those instructions way to literally.  For some reason I thought one rotation.  Once I kept going and actually broke 360+ degrees it worked just fine.

yeah, I usually just keep spinning until I'm too dizzy to stand. By the time I barf it's usually calibrated correctly. No fly-aways yet. *Fingers Crossed*
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-7-26 21:03
I feel dumb. The engineer in me was taking those instructions way to literally.  For some reason I thought one rotation.  Once I kept going and actually broke 360+ degrees it worked just fine.

Hi, thanks for the updates, glad to know that you were able to rectify the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance.
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules