Sunset over South London last night.
692 15 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liamski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125784 ft
United Kingdom

Pretty spectacular sunset over South London last night so had to send the Spark Up! From 400ft, edited with Snapseed for Android
DJI_0584_HDR-01.jpeg
2018-7-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

cool very nice
2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Really Nice Photo Mate ! Did you edit the colors as they look so Amazing ?!
2018-7-26
Use props
liamski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125784 ft
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-26 06:43
Really Nice Photo Mate ! Did you edit the colors as they look so Amazing ?!

Cheers. Yes I edited the photo with Snapseed for Android (in fact when I look at it on a pc screen I think I,may have gone a bit too far).  Of course the original photo was taken with AEB mode, ie 3 photos...
2018-7-26
Use props
djcamera
lvl.3
United States

Beautiful!
2018-7-26
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Wow, very nice sunset .. thanks for sharing
2018-7-26
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

liamski Posted at 2018-7-26 07:48
Cheers. Yes I edited the photo with Snapseed for Android (in fact when I look at it on a pc screen I think I,may have gone a bit too far).  Of course the original photo was taken with AEB mode, ie 3 photos...

I'm curious. I've never used AEB mode.  Is there a reason to do this?
My understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) is that AEB mode is just multiple photos one after the other. They are not combined in any way.  If that is indeed the case, why would AEB mode be any different than pressing the shutter button 3 times?  Other than they would be much faster.

Also curious - I'm going to assume you were in Manual mode, not auto.  Any chance you recall the settings you used?

Thanks!
BTW:  Loved the colors in this!  Wish I could get similar shots!

2018-7-26
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

AC5FF Posted at 2018-7-26 08:14
I'm curious. I've never used AEB mode.  Is there a reason to do this?
My understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) is that AEB mode is just multiple photos one after the other. They are not combined in any way.  If that is indeed the case, why would AEB mode be any different than pressing the shutter button 3 times?  Other than they would be much faster.

That's not quite how AEB works. It takes three photos at different exposures. Neither the Spark nor the DJI software combines them, though, but if you look at the three photos on file you should see different exposures. You have to use other software to combine them so that you get the detail from the whole shot. It's hard to tell unless you use it in the right conditions i.e. a shot with dark and light areas. I use it quite a lot.
2018-7-26
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

That is a great photo! Saaaarf London!
2018-7-26
Use props
Weesel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133179 ft
Germany

Servus,

with AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) , as JimFandango wrote, the camera takes several photos with different exposures. These are then merged by Software (Lightroom, Photomatix and so on) to a HDR (High Dynamic Range) picture. In short - darker areas are "taken" from the pics with higher exposure and brighter parts  from the lower ones. By combining more information you receive a higher dynamic in the pictures which helps for post-processing. As Sparky unfortunately does not offer to shoot in RAW I am only using HDR pictures. But unfortunately no.2 Spark only offers to use 3 Pic AEBs. Mavic e.g. 5...

Greetz
Weesel

Realy stunning view BTW! Yesterdays sunset here in Munich was great too - unfortunately I did not have Sparky with me...

2018-7-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

liamski Posted at 2018-7-26 07:48
Cheers. Yes I edited the photo with Snapseed for Android (in fact when I look at it on a pc screen I think I,may have gone a bit too far).  Of course the original photo was taken with AEB mode, ie 3 photos...

Excellent and Thanks for the Information. You are really helpful mate.
2018-7-26
Use props
manolism
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53035 ft
Greece

Nice photo!!
2018-7-26
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

JimFandango Posted at 2018-7-26 08:21
That's not quite how AEB works. It takes three photos at different exposures. Neither the Spark nor the DJI software combines them, though, but if you look at the three photos on file you should see different exposures. You have to use other software to combine them so that you get the detail from the whole shot. It's hard to tell unless you use it in the right conditions i.e. a shot with dark and light areas. I use it quite a lot.

Thanks Jim
I will have to give this a try!

Actually what I need to do is start a notebook of things to try from all the excellent photos/ideas I have seen posted here!
2018-7-26
Use props
niunius_2005
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122726 ft
Poland

I am impressed by your work.
Beautiful picture
2018-7-26
Use props
maddox
Captain