Phantom 3 Owner in Georgia
2988 30 2015-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phil927
New

United States

So I am considering buying a Phantom 3 quadricoptor. I'd like to see one in action before buying one. If anyone has one and wouldn't mind meeting at like a public park or something, I'd be really interested in checking one out. If you're near metro Atlanta or somewhere in Georgia, I'd love to check one out. I know this sounds creepy, but I just really want to see one in action. I missed the deadline for the New Pilot Experience
2015-5-23
Use props
fiskld
lvl.2

United States

All I can say from my experience you won't regret buying one. I am very impressed with my P3 Pro compared to my previous Parrot AR drone. I still have the Parrot but I will probably not be flying it much anymore.
2015-5-23
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

Yeah....agreed.   I'm a first time UAV owner and have had mine a week now.   I've taken 5 test flights and EVERYTHING is as advertised.   I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.   I'd also recommend buying some sort of custom case or hard backpack.  I bought a custom hard case and it's well worth the money.   Hope you buy it.....enjoy!
2015-5-23
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

MikeAngelo Posted at 2015-5-23 22:43
Yeah....agreed.   I'm a first time UAV owner and have had mine a week now.   I've taken 5 test fligh ...

Which case did you get and where did you get it. I have several in my Amazon cart, but can't decide. Thx
2015-5-23
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

I got a MicroRaptor Pro Case in yellow.   I really like it.
2015-5-23
Use props
Arvy55
lvl.2

United States

Yes, totally agree with the comments above, flying this machines are full off funs and i guarantee you, you wont regret it.

About the case, for me the best hard case for the Phantom 3 is either the GoProfessional Case or the slightly cheaper one called Micoraptor.
2015-5-23
Use props
jdwebb
lvl.1

United States

Arvy55 Posted at 2015-5-24 01:46
Yes, totally agree with the comments above, flying this machines are full off funs and i guarantee y ...

I read an article about the CEO of this company in Forbes recently, sadly, I am no longer interested in a DJI product. I had been looking at 3 products in the "pro-sumer" category, I am now down to two.  Thanks for all the info I was able to research here, but I will make my decision on my purchase next month.
2015-5-24
Use props
phil927
New

United States

How much of a difference is there between HD and 4k cameras on the Phantom 3? Is it noticeable in most circumstances?
2015-5-25
Use props
firefighter1247
lvl.1

United States

I am in savannah and on Facebook. You can check out https://www.facebook.com/lowcountryaerialphotography and message me through there.
2015-5-25
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

phil927  I fly a P2v3  with a GoPro camera.     It is not exactly the same setup as far as cameras go,but as far as I know they do use the same flight controller.    Very similar bodies.
I live in Winder Georgia.    I have permission to use the local football field.    Willing to give flight demonstration if interested.     Use lower case letters and add @yahoo.com to my user name.
2015-5-25
Use props
GregL
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

phil927, I have a Phantom 3 in Cartersville and I will be glad to show it to you. I'm closing in on 4 weeks flying it and absolutely love it. You won't go wrong with this one.
2015-5-26
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

phil927 Posted at 2015-5-25 18:23
How much of a difference is there between HD and 4k cameras on the Phantom 3? Is it noticeable in mo ...

The 4k is only really worth it if you have something that can play 4k such as a 4k tv. Where in GA do you live?
2015-5-26
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

GregL Posted at 2015-5-27 02:05
phil927, I have a Phantom 3 in Cartersville and I will be glad to show it to you. I'm closing in on  ...

Hi Greg, I'm in Woodstock. Where do you go to fly? I have the P3P.
Mike
2015-8-26
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

jdwebb Posted at 2015-5-25 09:15
I read an article about the CEO of this company in Forbes recently, sadly, I am no longer interest ...

are u going to fly the CEo's personality or the machine his personality created?
2015-8-26
Use props
GregL
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

msoto Posted at 2015-8-26 09:21
Mike

Mike,  I'm in Cartersville so usually around that area.  I've found that Sam Smith Park in Cartersville is a good place. It's wide open. I usually take it with me when I travel just in case. I'm in Charlotte this weekend to get a few pictures of a wedding. We'll have to meet up sometime.
2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2015-5-23 23:22
Which case did you get and where did you get it. I have several in my Amazon cart, but can't decid ...

I had been looking at cases for over a month. I regionally wanted one where I didn't have to take props off. After careful review of nearly all o them, lol, I opted for the OEM DJI hard shell back pack:
It is light
Fits 4 batteries
Well made
Very portable.

I had to rethink not wanting to take props off as it would mean a bigger heavier and not really portable case for hiking, or just getting to the location I want to fly. Taking props off and on has an advantage: u get to inspect the threads to make sure they are not damaged and u can inspect the props for cracks etc.
I bought mine from Amazon
Hope this helps
2015-8-29
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

jdwebb Posted at 2015-5-24 21:15
I read an article about the CEO of this company in Forbes recently, sadly, I am no longer interest ...

Don't let the article about the boss of DJI dissuade you. Look what Steve Jobs did for Apple. If you know anything about Steve, he was a genius, but he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Amazingly, despite their apparent lack of customer service and despite people poor-mouthing their supposed customer service *and* despite the apparent abrasiveness of the leader of the DJI firm, DJI is the Cadillac of the quadcopter (camera-toting) industry. At least as it pertains to our consumption level. If you're prepared to spend $10K and up there are a surprising number of options.

Between the Phantom, Phantom 2, Phantom 3, Inspire, Vision 2, Vision 2+, etc., there are probably more Phantoms carrying cameras than any other quad manufacturer you can name. I'll wager there's easily a million DJI quads out there already.

I am neither employed by DJI nor tend to beat their drum for them. As for "neutrality" I own a Blade 350, a Blade Chroma and a Phantom 3 Professional. Already own a good GoPro model, so I may eventually buy a 3DR Solo - although the odds on the last one are pretty low!
2015-8-29
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

firefighter1247 Posted at 2015-5-25 12:37
I am in savannah and on Facebook. You can check out https://www.facebook.com/lowcountryaerialphotogr ...

LOL - I'm a Floridian (4th generation). My father used to joke that everyone in Georgia lives either *in* Atlanta or near Atlanta.
2015-8-29
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-29 07:53
I had been looking at cases for over a month. I regionally wanted one where I didn't have to take  ...

Good advice Ray, but where were you 3 months ago when I wrote that? lol. Just kidding - I appreciate your response.
I, just like you, thought a "props on" lightweight case would be best, so I got a black suitcase style case from Amazon. $110 pic below. While it's a great case, I realized later that I probably would be unwilling to check it and it's too large to carry on. As far as taking it out on the paths behind my house, I still just put the P3 and controller with the hood and iPad mini installed all in a flat bottom ribbed nylon bag. No protection, but everything fits perfect. There's even room for my Trax Alias. But, for a road trip, the suitcase is great. There's room for the hood, the Mini and everything else as well. This case isn't much larger than the props off stuff. 23x14x9 @7.9 lbs sans drone. (Probably twice what the hard shell weighs)
So I'm pretty happy, but with the price of the hard shell dropping to $139 occasionally, I would buy one of them just for the cool factor. Plus, I think the hard shell is carry on approved.
At this point, I think I will just check this suitcase and if it gets messed up, I'll get one like yours. I know the suitcase will protect the P3 good enough, but no cool factor.
Conclusion: No big advantage to props on if you still have to assemble the controller, hood and iPad. Just buy (next time) a hard shell back pack and spend an extra 45 seconds putting the props on while it's warming up.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZZ3LZ3I?psc=1

Suitcase Black

Suitcase Black

2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2015-8-30 07:58
Good advice Ray, but where were you 3 months ago when I wrote that? lol. Just kidding - I appreciat ...

i would not check in the the case, your phantom will be done for!!
also i believe its illegal to check in Lipos, !!!!
2015-8-29
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
United States

GregL Posted at 2015-8-29 09:24
Mike,  I'm in Cartersville so usually around that area.  I've found that Sam Smith Park in Carters ...

Greg, I just got back from NC. Let me know when you want to meet.
Mike
2015-9-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

i am going to be in the smokey mountains in october 7,8,9,10,11. probably going to Helen GA. if still interested, usee the reply button on the thread and let me know. i have no problem riding to atlanta
2015-9-6
Use props
josh.g89
New

United States

msoto Posted at 2015-8-26 09:21
Mike

Hey, Mike.  I, too, live in Woodstock and am receiving my P3P tomorrow.  Have you found any favorite places to fly?  I've a got a field down the road from my house to practice in
2015-10-19
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
United States

josh.g89 Posted at 2015-10-19 20:02
Hey, Mike.  I, too, live in Woodstock and am receiving my P3P tomorrow.  Have you found any favori ...

Josh, I became a member to Bartow County Model Aviation and the club has a great field. I can bring you as a guest if you want to see it. I am currently out of town, but if you are interested I'll let you know when I return home (family emergency).
2015-10-21
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40269 ft
United States

Where are you in the metro Atlanta area?  I'm out in Monroe and Mineral Bluff, but do make it through Atlanta quite often.  Here is a link to several of my videos--I'm a newbie and made the plunge a few weeks ago.  Commercially licensed pilot and know the airspace & other aviation regs.  You won't be sorry for getting one, just take the time to learn.  

2015-12-10
Use props
dewayt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641224 ft
United States

lots of users from GA.  I fly in NWGA myself, have a friend here in the county who also has a phantom3 .  I am near Summerville.
2016-1-21
Use props
mjames
lvl.1

United States

i live in savannah a few hours away from atlanta
2016-1-21
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

im in south Georgia just north of Tallahassee Fl
2016-1-21
Use props
Silver Aztec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20600384 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys I'll like to meet up to fly my drone I stay in lawrenceville / lilburn area thanks
2016-2-27
Use props
cablebandit3
lvl.2

United States

I'm in Mableton with a P3A. Just saw someone on a motorcycle yesterday with a DJI backpack heading down the road.  
2016-2-28
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I live in the Acworth Area. and I fly a P3P all time along with my P2V. I fly from Acworth Beach and Logan park most of the time. I will travel to other places as well. I have plenty of videos on youtube under channel name Kilted Droneflyer. in case your interested in watching.
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules