caching maps
802 6 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lwa11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123898 ft
United States

I recently bought an ipad to use with my p4p instead of my samsung galaxy 7s. I love the size difference and the seemly flow on the screen is awesome.

The ipad is only wifi so not great at getting maps most of the time. Is there a way to cache maps using my samsung galaxy 7s? For example if I fire up the dji go app on the 7s and connect it to the controller will the controller cache those maps and then I can switch the ipad in and it will use the cached maps?

I hope I made some sense there.  lol
2018-7-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You don’t need a cellular device to download your maps.

The flight maps I believe, are stored in your device within the app, not the RC or drone.
Open the app at home, after you connect to the internet, bring up map view, on the device you want to fly with. Both devices are completely independent.
So you may Not transfer your maps or Go 4 app data back and forth between devices.

Scroll around to the area you wish to fly with. Pinch squeeze the map larger, scroll it around beyond your flight planned area.

Do you have Cache flight maps in background, turned on?

Check in your app.
Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-26
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-7-26 15:02
You don’t need a cellular device to download your maps.

The flight maps I believe, are stored in your device within the app, not the RC or drone.

I miss your old avatar, just can't get used to the new one.  
2018-7-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-7-26 20:22
I miss your old avatar, just can't get used to the new one.

Your avatar resembles two awesome drones making a little spark. Haha

Yeah, this face, needs to be replaced soon too.  Thanks for reminding me. ;-)

426FE6F0-7A02-4AE0-8E51-8FE72424D838.jpeg

Move over Santa let Jimmi take over

RedHotPoker

2018-7-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find instructions for caching the maps in DJI GO here. You'll need to cache the maps on every mobile device you use since the maps are downloaded and stored locally on the mobile device.
2018-7-27
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

msinger Posted at 2018-7-27 05:49
You can find instructions for caching the maps in DJI GO here. You'll need to cache the maps on every mobile device you use since the maps are downloaded and stored locally on the mobile device.

Do you know if the map cache is retained when you power cycle the iPad?  How about the size of the cache?  Thanx
2018-7-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-7-27 06:10
Do you know if the map cache is retained when you power cycle the iPad?  How about the size of the cache?  Thanx

Yes, the cache should still be available after power cycling. The size depends on how much of the map is cached.
2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules