Test flight #3 - Test picture
467 11 2018-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Hello all,
I've had the opportunity to take the mavic out and test fly again.  I'm proud to say I'm getting use to flying and getting more confident with the AC.  I've had a few disconnect issues using my Samsusng Note5.  I'm still testing the phone determining if a switch to an approved device (iPhoneX) is necessary.  I hope not, I don't want to spend the money and I'm an Android guy, not an IOS guy.  Anyway.....  flew for about an hour taking 3 batteries down to about 14% each.  Not disconnects, but some slight loss of video signal.  I was never more than 400 feet away.  I'm considering this a successful test flight from the lack of disconnect.

With that said - Here's a pic of the airfield I was flying at.
Here are a couple pics - one original and one (my first attempt) HDR.

Sorry... I couldn't get them to attach to this post.
2018-7-26
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

2018-7-26
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

2018-7-26
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

A little dark but kind of expected if it's later in the day. Play with manual exposure next time it's this dark. Sometimes you can get some pretty good results. My tip: if you start flying farther away then I would return with more than 14% battery life. I usually shoot for around 30% to make sure I have enough juice to return and land safely.
2018-7-26
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-7-26 19:01
A little dark but kind of expected if it's later in the day. Play with manual exposure next time it's this dark. Sometimes you can get some pretty good results. My tip: if you start flying farther away then I would return with more than 14% battery life. I usually shoot for around 30% to make sure I have enough juice to return and land safely.

Thanks... I agree  with it being a little dark.  But I liked the blue....  More practice to come.

I also agree on the percentage.  I have my low warning set at 30%, but brought it home and just flew a few feet away until it was down to 14%.  Tonight was basically just trying to see if I got a disconnect.

By the way.... I love your videos.... I have a ways to go until I perfect the images/videos but practice makes perfect.  I'm just glad I didn't get the disconnect.

Thanks again.
2018-7-26
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-26 19:14
Thanks... I agree  with it being a little dark.  But I liked the blue....  More practice to come.

I also agree on the percentage.  I have my low warning set at 30%, but brought it home and just flew a few feet away until it was down to 14%.  Tonight was basically just trying to see if I got a disconnect.

Yeah, the deep blues and clouds look GREAT in the second pic. Sometimes there is no way to get the land and sky to BOTH be exposed properly. If you have access to photoshop or similar editing software you could always keep the drone is same position and take two pics with difference exposures and photoshop them together. I've done it before, it's a little more work then just snapping the picture. Keep it up. Practice, practice, practice!
2018-7-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-7-26 19:01

I try to make it home before Low battery Warning (set at 30%) goes off.

Tend to be cautious because of possibility of sudden changes in wind speed and direction.  Along with concerns about Live View problem or hitting an unknown flight issue due to recent FW, OS, and App updates.  

Besides, it only takes a few minutes to pop out / in a fully charged battery.
2018-7-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If the pictures were shot in RAW mode, you may be able to push exposure up by +2, along with boosting shadows (darker areas).
2018-7-26
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Raw is best for sure... Back in the day, I used to have a copy of Photoshop and was much better using that rather than Lightroom.  But lightroom was more affordable.   I used to shoot weddings, so I"m a little familiar with the process, but it's been years and I was concentrating more on the drone and potential disconnects yesterday.  The pics were an afterthought,, but still had to try....  Thanks for the input... I'll keep trying and sure I can come up with something better, once that's the main focus..

2018-7-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice shot
2018-7-27
Use props
dronto
Second Officer

Nice work!
2018-7-27
Use props